FHLB Chicago Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago.

Interview

The interview process was the manager of the department, the questions were standard about my prior experience and the basic interview questions. The turn around time from Hr took an extremely long time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

Winter2014/15 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email that they wanted to interview me. They sent me a schedule of the interview process, which was from 2pm-5pm, meeting with 6 different people, each interview lasting 30 minutes. I was nervous about this but each interview was really relaxed and didn't last 30 minutes. So I usually waited in the interview room 5-10 minutes until the next interview. Everyone was really nice, and everyone asked the basic interview questions, nothing too tricky. Their office is downtown Chicago next to Millennium Park, nice office and is located on three floors.

Interview Questions

• What is a typical question that people would ask me when filling out their tax returns?   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and HR got back to you with decisions very quickly compared to other companies. The Interview was mainly behavioral and there was a lot of emphasis on what was listed on your resume. First rounds were over the phone and then second rounds were in office with who would be your manager and a team member.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you were working with a team and one of the team members didn't contribute. How was that handled?   Answer Question

MPF Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online. It was nothing out of the ordinary; just a resume, cover letter, and references. Within a few weeks, I received an email to arrange an interview. My interviewer, and eventual supervisor, arrived to the interview about 20 minutes late. It was pretty clear he had only been informed the interview was happening upon my arrival. He mainly asked about the experience on my resume, what i was interested in, and if I could use any particular analytic tools. The whole thing was fairly laid back. A few weeks later, I received my offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago in June 2013.

Interview

Took about two weeks after applying online. Had a phone interview and then 3 interviews at their office. Pretty typical fit questions and questions about the resume. Most of the actual interview was based on the personality of the interviewees, who I ended up working with that summer. They did not even expect me to know about their company, which was surprising.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions were focused on my age, which was not necessarily appropriate.   Answer Question

Vendor Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FHLB Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Contacted through an outsourced recruiter and interviewed for 1-1/2 hour by phone. Then immediately scheduled a phone screen with hiring manager which lasted an hour. THe following week was interviewed by a panel for 2 hours.

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

Not many technical questions but lots or rounds with several partners.

Interview Questions

• What do you do with your free time..it was unexpected.   Answer Question