FHLB New York Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Custody and Pledging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FHLB New York (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Very welcoming, I had 3 interviews and saw HR, 2 Directors, Manager and 2 supervisors within 2 separate days. Interview was fairly easy with no real hard questions. Extremely nice time. Made me feel as though it was a comfortable place to be. I like the fact that benefits are great in this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging project that you work but failed on the attempt and then how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FHLB New York.

Interview

Disingenuous people from the beginning. Initial behavior is a facade, so proceed with caution. It is a nice office however. Modern looking, long narrow halls, and in the heart of Manhattan.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict with a coworker and how your responded.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FHLB New York.

Interview

This interview was after being qualified for the face to face with a contracted recruiter. Interview with HR generalist was rushed - was a half hour or so, but total time was 15 minutes together, he kept leaving. I have experience in recruiting and he needs to learn to listen a bit more and talk less. Felt like a waste of both of our time because it wasnt utilized properly. He also needed the technical expert present and she wasnt - very poor planning!

Interview Questions

• none - the only hard part was trying not to speak over him all the time   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FHLB New York (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

This company is very conservative about the hiring process. The HR person meets you first and then, various personnel from the department will get to meet you and then provide feedback to their hiring manager. It was relatively easy and mostly about the chemistry fit.

Interview Questions

• Asked about things like thresholds establishment and applications   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FHLB New York.

Interview

One visit, three rounds. First one with HR, second with director and last with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging project that you work but failed on the attempt and then how did you handle it/what did you learn/how would you do it different.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't want to negotiate because their base offer was 20% higher than my previous job. Had I known that the bonus was going to be so low I would have held out for a 25% increase in the base.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FHLB New York in August 2011.

Interview

Nice office environment. Courteous staff.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the ideal candidate that we may hire you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FHLB New York in May 2010.

Interview

Welcoming and Comfortable

Interview Questions

• Explain the current financial situation   1 Answer