FICO

Getting the Interview

49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Automation Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO.

Interview Details – Met at career fair and got called for an interview the following week. Interviewed with four different people, interviews consisted of half technical half personal details. Lasted a little over an hour. Interviewers were well prepared and very personable, felt very comfortable during the interview which helped ease a lot of the pressure.

Interview Question – What do you hope to get out of this position   Answer Question

Senior Business/Systems Analyst Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FICO in December 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews with PM and Product Owner, and 1 in person. Fairly laid back, discussed job background, problem stories, scenarios, ect., Discussed Job requirements, client problem, job derivative, and personal experience application.

Interview Question – nothing too technical, felt that interviewers, were not as clear of what an analyst does, vs what a product owner or developer does.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple, got what I asked for

Senior, Software Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FICO.

Interview Details – The interview process was a series of telephone calls with members of the professional services team. Genuine interest in learning about me and my experience as well as fit into the FICO team.

Interview Question – Describe your idea position at FICO.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do your homework and understand the market for a given position/skill set.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interviewed at FICO

Interview Details – There were three rounds, all of which were either phone or Skype interviews. Each of the managers was considerate of my time while at the same time making sure that they asked the questions they wanted to. This positive interview experience was one of the factors that I included in my final decision about this employer.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FICO.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call for interview within 2 weeks, had a phone screening initially then 2 more interviews on phone. No onsite.

Interview Question – Interview were really easy.   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Client Partner

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FICO.

Interview Details – Interesting experience. I was interviewed by five different individuals, both inside the core team and outside the core team. There seemed to be consensus from every interviewer on the relative importance of the position and the direction of the company. I had a key list of questions I asked each individual, and the answers were surprisingly consistent.

Interview Question – I was asked if ethics or money were more important.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer from another firm.

Analytic Science Scientist II Interview

Analytic Science Scientist II

Interviewed at FICO

Interview Details – A head hunter initialize the contact. Then a HR person called for a phone screen. Onsite interview is followed. The team must want to fill the position desparately so the interview is quite simple.

Interview Question – Bayes theorem. Make sure whatever you listed in your resume, you can explain it fully. The interviewers are nice but they can grill you bad if they want to.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at FICO

Interview Details – One round interview with hiring manager, 1 hour, mainly talking about previous project experience. One round with another manager, same content. One round with senior manager, more free talking about the position and career aspiration.

Interview Question – How to build a scorecard when bank only has limited bureau information however intend to use bureau as scorecard characteristics?   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant I Interview

Analytic Consultant I

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO in March 2013.

Interview Details – Talked with HR lady on the phone who asked basic questions about my experiences etc.

Had another interview with a much senior person who asked me the following

- What is the largest dataset have you worked with?
- Tell me about the credit risk experience mentioned in your resume
- Do you know Perl, Python etc. If so what can you tell me.

Interview Question – How did you to use the data that you worked on in the project during the internship   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interviewed at FICO

Interview Details – Panel style interviews.

Interview Question – How did you handle situations in which deadlines or deliverables were not met?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FICO

Worked for FICO? Contribute to the Community!

FICO Videos

FICO – Why Work for Us?

At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading credit scores and other solutions, FICO is the leader in predictive analytics for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FICO interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by FICO employees and interview candidates.