FICO

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Lead Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FICO.

I was first interviewed by the company's recruiter, followed by a thirty minute phone screen and lastly a two-hour in-person interview at premises with four different people from different roles. Overall a comfortable experience - a proper balance between determining cultural fit and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Deciding between database server filtering and writing a filtering algorithm inside the business logic.   View Answer
    • How to get clearer requirements from customers.   Answer Question
    • What is the ideal work environment.   Answer Question
    • What is the ideal user experience.   Answer Question

Senior, Software Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FICO.

4 rounds of interview.

If you know what you have in you resume technically. I think this process is very straight forward.
    They exactly know wha to look for in thr interview process.

Interview Questions
    • explain techincal aspect/challenges of your current project/job   Answer Question

Entry Level Analyst College Graduates Interview

Was first contacted by a senior recruiter by email to fill out a questionnaire...
    Later, appointments were set for four interviews, two technical and two otherwise.
    Two non technical interviews got cancelled because the recruiters were busy but the technical interview took place as planned. The interviewers were very polite and forthcoming about the details of the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not very difficult, just basics in JAVA, SQL, XML etc.. Beware, the technical guys know their trade really well and can smell those who are good or not.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FICO in May 2014.

meet with 4 different people, HR, software engineer, QA engineer, another engineer.
    basic questions about concept and basic coding.
    it was 3 hour interview and equality distributed with my back ground, programming skills and concept of OO programming. It was quite fare. there was several candidates

Test Automation Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO.

Met at career fair and got called for an interview the following week. Interviewed with four different people, interviews consisted of half technical half personal details. Lasted a little over an hour. Interviewers were well prepared and very personable, felt very comfortable during the interview which helped ease a lot of the pressure.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

There were three rounds, all of which were either phone or Skype interviews. Each of the managers was considerate of my time while at the same time making sure that they asked the questions they wanted to. This positive interview experience was one of the factors that I included in my final decision about this employer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FICO.

Applied online, got a call for interview within 2 weeks, had a phone screening initially then 2 more interviews on phone. No onsite.

Professional Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FICO in March 2014.

Multiple conversations on the phone with other professional services staff, technical questions and questions about experience. Typical interview process.

Interview Questions
    Straight forward and efficient.

Client Partner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FICO.

Interesting experience. I was interviewed by five different individuals, both inside the core team and outside the core team. There seemed to be consensus from every interviewer on the relative importance of the position and the direction of the company. I had a key list of questions I asked each individual, and the answers were surprisingly consistent.

Interview Questions

Had a better offer from another firm.

Senior Business/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FICO in December 2013.

2 phone interviews with PM and Product Owner, and 1 in person. Fairly laid back, discussed job background, problem stories, scenarios, ect., Discussed Job requirements, client problem, job derivative, and personal experience application.

Interview Questions
    • nothing too technical, felt that interviewers, were not as clear of what an analyst does, vs what a product owner or developer does.   Answer Question
    simple, got what I asked for