FICO Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FICO (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiter gave me very helpful logistical advice, a map to the location, a list of the names of the interviewers etc.

I went through a multiple one-on-one interviews in a single sitting. 5 people 30 minutes each, so the entire process was to take 2.5 hours. Questions were very relevant to the role I applied for. Some tough questions, but those were to be expected.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a problem you were having on a project that could impact the project timeline/cost/resources.   Answer Question

Account Receivable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The whole process was three weeks from first contact and offer. The steps of the hiring cycle was expressed during the process and the TA were available throughout. I was referred by a employee and a few days later got a call by the Recuiter. A phone interview about my basic skills and education. Within a week, got an email wanting to schedule on site interview (With two individuals-separately). Received a feedback from the Recuiter the next day (something that is rare). Told me the next steps and found that I was called in for another set of interviews. Again was informed of the feedback from the team. Two days later the job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Are you Black or white, or shades of Grey?   1 Answer

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FICO.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the company's recruiter, followed by a thirty minute phone screen and lastly a two-hour in-person interview at premises with four different people from different roles. Overall a comfortable experience - a proper balance between determining cultural fit and skills.

Interview Questions

• Deciding between database server filtering and writing a filtering algorithm inside the business logic.   1 Answer
    • How to get clearer requirements from customers.   Answer Question
    • What is the ideal work environment.   Answer Question
    • What is the ideal user experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got the interview call through college hire and was called for F2F interview. There were 5 rounds and took around 4 hrs. Interviewers made me feel very comfortable and were interested in knowing what I did/knew and about my interests rather than finding out what i didn't know:) Interviews included both technical and non-technical questions and was more like a discussion.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts and some other questions related to MS projects   Answer Question

Senior, Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FICO.

Interview

4 rounds of interview.

If you know what you have in you resume technically. I think this process is very straight forward.
    They exactly know wha to look for in thr interview process.

Interview Questions

• explain techincal aspect/challenges of your current project/job   Answer Question

Interview

Was first contacted by a senior recruiter by email to fill out a questionnaire...
    Later, appointments were set for four interviews, two technical and two otherwise.
    Two non technical interviews got cancelled because the recruiters were busy but the technical interview took place as planned. The interviewers were very polite and forthcoming about the details of the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not very difficult, just basics in JAVA, SQL, XML etc.. Beware, the technical guys know their trade really well and can smell those who are good or not.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

meet with 4 different people, HR, software engineer, QA engineer, another engineer.
    basic questions about concept and basic coding.
    it was 3 hour interview and equality distributed with my back ground, programming skills and concept of OO programming. It was quite fare. there was several candidates

Interview Questions

• why this position suits you   1 Answer

Test Automation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO.

Interview

Met at career fair and got called for an interview the following week. Interviewed with four different people, interviews consisted of half technical half personal details. Lasted a little over an hour. Interviewers were well prepared and very personable, felt very comfortable during the interview which helped ease a lot of the pressure.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

There were three rounds, all of which were either phone or Skype interviews. Each of the managers was considerate of my time while at the same time making sure that they asked the questions they wanted to. This positive interview experience was one of the factors that I included in my final decision about this employer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call for interview within 2 weeks, had a phone screening initially then 2 more interviews on phone. No onsite.