FICO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Consultant Interview

Lead Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at FICO in January 2008.

Interview Details – Initially with hiring manager and once through that, several onsite interviews with potential team members and managers. When I went through the process, it followed more of a consuting and business case approach, but now I think they are just looking for good coders.

Interview Question – Your client is a big box hardware client that is looking to increase revenue. How would you approch this problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary up 5k

Sales Consultant Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FICO in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, onsite.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral. Sales experience. How would you sell X product to me?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. Deal with hiring manager, who then negotiates with HR.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at FICO in January 2008.

Interview Details – Long interview process involving HR recruiter and application, then hiring manager, their boss, and interviews with various team members. It was very professionally conducted throughout, although the follow up between interviews was intermittent due to ongoing job demands on their side.

Interview Question – Are you sure you want to do this?...it's tough to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple...I had factual salary information for my experience and the market and laid it out. They accepted my offer which was 14% higher than initially offered.

Lead Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FICO in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by presentation and evaluation on site. Paid expenses, very positive experience in general

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO in May 2009.

Interview Details – Good....

Scientist I
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FICO in March 2010.

Interview Details – An HR asked me to fill out a supplemental form after I applied on their website, consisted mostly of basic questions but also asked for specific experience with optimization and statistics. Two phone interviews asked mostly technical questions but also some on my past internships then I was invited back for a group/panel interview where they asked more business related technical questions regarding credit card frauds.

Interview Question – What to do with large database with missing values?   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FICO in April 2010.

Interview Details – Process moved along quickly; I was able to speak with a variety of people and was impressed with nearly all of them. However, HR/recruiting was disorganized. They quibbled back and forth via email (copying me, the candidate!) about which expense form to fill out after I flew up there; they made an offer and then rescinded it because some VIP wanted to interview me as well, and they were 100% unwilling to negotiate, even on the easy (non-monetary) stuff.

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FICO in November 2009.

Interview Details – I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then with another manager. The phone interviews were very technical.

Then they brought me on site where I had a panel interview with 3 persons. The panel interview was stressful -- they asked many questions (behavioral, IQ-test type, balancing workload etc.) and seemed to be taking notes. I liked the people who interviewed me -- they were experienced and professional. The interview seemed rather short though.

They were not very clear on advancement opportunities but with the job market being as bad as it has been, they probably don't need to.

Interview Question – Have you ever missed a deadline?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better package somewhere else

Engineering Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO in January 2010.

Interview Details – The phone screen took approximately 30 minutes. The onsite interview about 4 hours. FICO has a mix of both young/old engineers. Some of the old engineers seem to be more interested in grilling candidates just for the sake of it. The people seem to be very nice but not happy overall with the type of work they're doing. It appears that FICO is restricting how people get their work done. Overall morale seemed fairly low.

Interview Question – Describe a problem and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Scientist I

The process took a day - interviewed at FICO in December 2007.

Interview Details – There are two rounds. First one was campus interview with a HR person. Basically it was just questions about the resume, and an open-end statistical problem. The second round was on-site. There are four 1-1 interviews, with technic leads, and managers. There was not any difficult technical questions, just some behavial problems, and a very straight-forward analytic test. People were nice.

Interview Question – how to estimate average salary for men and women in some state without using any census data, under a certain budget.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FICO