FICO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at FICO

Interview Details – One round interview with hiring manager, 1 hour, mainly talking about previous project experience. One round with another manager, same content. One round with senior manager, more free talking about the position and career aspiration.

Interview Question – How to build a scorecard when bank only has limited bureau information however intend to use bureau as scorecard characteristics?   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant I Interview

Analytic Consultant I

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO in March 2013.

Interview Details – Talked with HR lady on the phone who asked basic questions about my experiences etc.

Had another interview with a much senior person who asked me the following

- What is the largest dataset have you worked with?
- Tell me about the credit risk experience mentioned in your resume
- Do you know Perl, Python etc. If so what can you tell me.

Interview Question – How did you to use the data that you worked on in the project during the internship   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at FICO

Interview Details – Panel style interviews.

Interview Question – How did you handle situations in which deadlines or deliverables were not met?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FICO in December 2011.

Interview Details – First I applied online on Linkedin for this position and after 2-3 days one of their recruiters called me. We scheduled the first phone interview. It went well and about one week after the phone interview I got an email from them asking me to appear for f2f interview at San Jose office.

Interview Question – What did you like in the job description that made you apply?   Answer Question

Lead Consultant Interview

Lead Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at FICO in January 2008.

Interview Details – Initially with hiring manager and once through that, several onsite interviews with potential team members and managers. When I went through the process, it followed more of a consuting and business case approach, but now I think they are just looking for good coders.

Interview Question – Your client is a big box hardware client that is looking to increase revenue. How would you approch this problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary up 5k

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FICO in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, onsite.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral. Sales experience. How would you sell X product to me?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. Deal with hiring manager, who then negotiates with HR.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at FICO in January 2008.

Interview Details – Long interview process involving HR recruiter and application, then hiring manager, their boss, and interviews with various team members. It was very professionally conducted throughout, although the follow up between interviews was intermittent due to ongoing job demands on their side.

Interview Question – Are you sure you want to do this?...it's tough to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple...I had factual salary information for my experience and the market and laid it out. They accepted my offer which was 14% higher than initially offered.

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FICO in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by presentation and evaluation on site. Paid expenses, very positive experience in general

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO in May 2009.

Interview Details – Good....

Interview Questions

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FICO in March 2010.

Interview Details – An HR asked me to fill out a supplemental form after I applied on their website, consisted mostly of basic questions but also asked for specific experience with optimization and statistics. Two phone interviews asked mostly technical questions but also some on my past internships then I was invited back for a group/panel interview where they asked more business related technical questions regarding credit card frauds.

Interview Question – What to do with large database with missing values?   View Answer