FICO Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

3.1

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FICO.

Interview

Interesting experience. I was interviewed by five different individuals, both inside the core team and outside the core team. There seemed to be consensus from every interviewer on the relative importance of the position and the direction of the company. I had a key list of questions I asked each individual, and the answers were surprisingly consistent.

Interview Questions

Had a better offer from another firm.

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FICO in March 2014.

Interview

Multiple conversations on the phone with other professional services staff, technical questions and questions about experience. Typical interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward and efficient.

Senior Business/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FICO (Fairfax, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews with PM and Product Owner, and 1 in person. Fairly laid back, discussed job background, problem stories, scenarios, ect., Discussed Job requirements, client problem, job derivative, and personal experience application.

Interview Questions

• nothing too technical, felt that interviewers, were not as clear of what an analyst does, vs what a product owner or developer does.   Answer Question

Negotiation

simple, got what I asked for

Analytic Science Scientist II Interview

Interview

A head hunter initialize the contact. Then a HR person called for a phone screen. Onsite interview is followed. The team must want to fill the position desparately so the interview is quite simple.

Interview Questions

• Bayes theorem. Make sure whatever you listed in your resume, you can explain it fully. The interviewers are nice but they can grill you bad if they want to.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

One round interview with hiring manager, 1 hour, mainly talking about previous project experience. One round with another manager, same content. One round with senior manager, more free talking about the position and career aspiration.

Interview Questions

• How to build a scorecard when bank only has limited bureau information however intend to use bureau as scorecard characteristics?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Panel style interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle situations in which deadlines or deliverables were not met?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in March 2013.

Interview

Talked with HR lady on the phone who asked basic questions about my experiences etc.

Had another interview with a much senior person who asked me the following

- What is the largest dataset have you worked with?
    - Tell me about the credit risk experience mentioned in your resume
    - Do you know Perl, Python etc. If so what can you tell me.

Interview Questions

• How did you to use the data that you worked on in the project during the internship   Answer Question

Model Dev Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in December 2012.

Interview

it is 6 rounds of interview that started with behavioral questions

Client Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FICO in February 2012.

Interview

Detailed process over several months meeting with hiring manager, VP and current employees. As the position is home based the interviews were primarily over the phone beginning with an HR screening interview, hiring manager, Sr Director, VP and finally a face to face with hiring manager. Questions were detailed to ensure knowledge of industry and client.

Interview Questions

• None that were unexpected and most were focused on knowledge of industry etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First I applied online on Linkedin for this position and after 2-3 days one of their recruiters called me. We scheduled the first phone interview. It went well and about one week after the phone interview I got an email from them asking me to appear for f2f interview at San Jose office.

Interview Questions

• What did you like in the job description that made you apply?   Answer Question