FICO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FICO in April 2010.

Interview Details – Process moved along quickly; I was able to speak with a variety of people and was impressed with nearly all of them. However, HR/recruiting was disorganized. They quibbled back and forth via email (copying me, the candidate!) about which expense form to fill out after I flew up there; they made an offer and then rescinded it because some VIP wanted to interview me as well, and they were 100% unwilling to negotiate, even on the easy (non-monetary) stuff.

Interview Questions

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FICO in November 2009.

Interview Details – I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then with another manager. The phone interviews were very technical.

Then they brought me on site where I had a panel interview with 3 persons. The panel interview was stressful -- they asked many questions (behavioral, IQ-test type, balancing workload etc.) and seemed to be taking notes. I liked the people who interviewed me -- they were experienced and professional. The interview seemed rather short though.

They were not very clear on advancement opportunities but with the job market being as bad as it has been, they probably don't need to.

Interview Question – Have you ever missed a deadline?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better package somewhere else

Engineering Interview

Engineering
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO in January 2010.

Interview Details – The phone screen took approximately 30 minutes. The onsite interview about 4 hours. FICO has a mix of both young/old engineers. Some of the old engineers seem to be more interested in grilling candidates just for the sake of it. The people seem to be very nice but not happy overall with the type of work they're doing. It appears that FICO is restricting how people get their work done. Overall morale seemed fairly low.

Interview Question – Describe a problem and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I

The process took a day - interviewed at FICO in December 2007.

Interview Details – There are two rounds. First one was campus interview with a HR person. Basically it was just questions about the resume, and an open-end statistical problem. The second round was on-site. There are four 1-1 interviews, with technic leads, and managers. There was not any difficult technical questions, just some behavial problems, and a very straight-forward analytic test. People were nice.

Interview Question – how to estimate average salary for men and women in some state without using any census data, under a certain budget.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO in June 2007.

Interview Details – Interview process usually will entail lunch on their campus. The people there are nice and the work interesting. The presentations will take place in front of oh 25 people. Questions range from technical to broad.

Interview Questions

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FICO in March 2007.

Interview Details – Contacted directly by HR first. Went through one round with HR over the phone which was followed by another phone interview with one Senior Manager in the consulting practice. They went into great detail about my previous projects and would I like to do in the future. I then met with one Director in the Chicago office who again went through my resume and background in great detail. This was followed by another phone interview with another Director which was a very casual conversation.

Interview Question – How assertive are you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Two rounds of negotiations.

Camapign Management Interview

Camapign Management
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO in April 2014.

Interview Details – Technical interview F2F with written test on technologies like SQL, after clearing the F2F technical round next would be managerial round F2F, once your package is decided by manager, then HR would call you for offer formalities.

Interview Question – what is the difference between versions of EMM tool(Unica),   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FICO.

Interview Details – Good a call from the company within 5 days of application. however the attitude of the HR recruiter was horrible.Didn't answer or clarify any of my questions on role and interview process in turn he asked `what difference would it make ' and why I want these details.He was very arrogant throughout the call which got me thinking if I should be interviewing for a company that has such a horrible culture. I have spoken to recruiters from big software giants like amazon and MS and they are always polite and patient with candidates.

Interview Question – I did not take up technical interviews since I was dissapointed by the experience during the pure screen call   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Declined to move ahead in the process.Did not like the attitude of HR and I received a better offer

Very Difficult Interview

Solution Integrator Consultant I Interview

Solution Integrator Consultant I
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FICO in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was a lengthy process and complex

Interview Question – Why you wanna chnage your job? Got grilled for 45mins on this question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didnt have to negotiate for pay, received more than my expectation.

Project Management Consultant II Interview

Project Management Consultant II
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FICO in February 2014.

Interview Details – i liked the hr process and to the point questions from the panel
had 3 rounds of skill interview followed by hr round.

Interview Question – moderate   Answer Question