FICO Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in January 2010.

The phone screen took approximately 30 minutes. The onsite interview about 4 hours. FICO has a mix of both young/old engineers. Some of the old engineers seem to be more interested in grilling candidates just for the sake of it. The people seem to be very nice but not happy overall with the type of work they're doing. It appears that FICO is restricting how people get their work done. Overall morale seemed fairly low.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FICO in January 2010.

Phone interview followed by presentation and evaluation on site. Paid expenses, very positive experience in general

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FICO in November 2009.

I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then with another manager. The phone interviews were very technical.

Then they brought me on site where I had a panel interview with 3 persons. The panel interview was stressful -- they asked many questions (behavioral, IQ-test type, balancing workload etc.) and seemed to be taking notes. I liked the people who interviewed me -- they were experienced and professional. The interview seemed rather short though.

They were not very clear on advancement opportunities but with the job market being as bad as it has been, they probably don't need to.

Interview Questions

Got a better package somewhere else

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in May 2009.

Good....

Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FICO in January 2008.

Initially with hiring manager and once through that, several onsite interviews with potential team members and managers. When I went through the process, it followed more of a consuting and business case approach, but now I think they are just looking for good coders.

Interview Questions
    • Your client is a big box hardware client that is looking to increase revenue. How would you approch this problem?   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate salary up 5k

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at FICO in January 2008.

Long interview process involving HR recruiter and application, then hiring manager, their boss, and interviews with various team members. It was very professionally conducted throughout, although the follow up between interviews was intermittent due to ongoing job demands on their side.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure you want to do this?...it's tough to work here.   View Answer
    Simple...I had factual salary information for my experience and the market and laid it out. They accepted my offer which was 14% higher than initially offered.

Scientist I Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in December 2007.

There are two rounds. First one was campus interview with a HR person. Basically it was just questions about the resume, and an open-end statistical problem. The second round was on-site. There are four 1-1 interviews, with technic leads, and managers. There was not any difficult technical questions, just some behavial problems, and a very straight-forward analytic test. People were nice.

Interview Questions
    • how to estimate average salary for men and women in some state without using any census data, under a certain budget.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in June 2007.

Interview process usually will entail lunch on their campus. The people there are nice and the work interesting. The presentations will take place in front of oh 25 people. Questions range from technical to broad.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FICO in March 2007.

Contacted directly by HR first. Went through one round with HR over the phone which was followed by another phone interview with one Senior Manager in the consulting practice. They went into great detail about my previous projects and would I like to do in the future. I then met with one Director in the Chicago office who again went through my resume and background in great detail. This was followed by another phone interview with another Director which was a very casual conversation.

Interview Questions
    Two rounds of negotiations.

FP&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in February 2015.

Interview took 1 & a half hour. The hiring manager was very upfront about the requirements & challenges of the role. The information shared by the hiring manager made me wonder if she is seriously looking to hire or pushing potential candidates away. In the end my takeaway is the hiring manager is also looking to get out and FICO is not a easy company to work for. Potentially you are likely to be working even if you are on vacation.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have plans to have children? (This question totally put me off as it is a very inappropriate question to ask a candidate)   Answer Question