FICO

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FICO in March 2010.

Interview Details – An HR asked me to fill out a supplemental form after I applied on their website, consisted mostly of basic questions but also asked for specific experience with optimization and statistics. Two phone interviews asked mostly technical questions but also some on my past internships then I was invited back for a group/panel interview where they asked more business related technical questions regarding credit card frauds.

Interview Question – What to do with large database with missing values?   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FICO in November 2009.

Interview Details – I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then with another manager. The phone interviews were very technical.

Then they brought me on site where I had a panel interview with 3 persons. The panel interview was stressful -- they asked many questions (behavioral, IQ-test type, balancing workload etc.) and seemed to be taking notes. I liked the people who interviewed me -- they were experienced and professional. The interview seemed rather short though.

They were not very clear on advancement opportunities but with the job market being as bad as it has been, they probably don't need to.

Interview Question – Have you ever missed a deadline?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better package somewhere else

Scientist I

The process took a day - interviewed at FICO in December 2007.

Interview Details – There are two rounds. First one was campus interview with a HR person. Basically it was just questions about the resume, and an open-end statistical problem. The second round was on-site. There are four 1-1 interviews, with technic leads, and managers. There was not any difficult technical questions, just some behavial problems, and a very straight-forward analytic test. People were nice.

Interview Question – how to estimate average salary for men and women in some state without using any census data, under a certain budget.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scientist I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FICO in November 2010.

Interview Details – A few days after I applied online, I had a phone interview with HR, followed by a technical interview with two hiring managers, and the following week an onsite interview which started at 10 am and lasted until 3 pm. The onsite interview started with a skills test, one-on-one interviews, lunch, and group interviews (some interviewers on the phone). On-site interviewers asked about past internships and papers, also asked behavioral questions. They took notes which they later shared with HR, which offered me the position the next morning.

Interview Question – Tell me about your greatest contribution   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FICO

Worked for FICO? Contribute to the Community!

FICO Videos

FICO – Why Work for Us?

At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading credit scores and other solutions, FICO is the leader in predictive analytics for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FICO Scientist I interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by FICO employees and interview candidates.