FICO

FICO Scientist I Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FICO in March 2010.

An HR asked me to fill out a supplemental form after I applied on their website, consisted mostly of basic questions but also asked for specific experience with optimization and statistics. Two phone interviews asked mostly technical questions but also some on my past internships then I was invited back for a group/panel interview where they asked more business related technical questions regarding credit card frauds.

Interview Questions
  • What to do with large database with missing values?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FICO in November 2009.

I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then with another manager. The phone interviews were very technical.

Then they brought me on site where I had a panel interview with 3 persons. The panel interview was stressful -- they asked many questions (behavioral, IQ-test type, balancing workload etc.) and seemed to be taking notes. I liked the people who interviewed me -- they were experienced and professional. The interview seemed rather short though.

They were not very clear on advancement opportunities but with the job market being as bad as it has been, they probably don't need to.

Interview Questions

Got a better package somewhere else

Scientist I Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in December 2007.

There are two rounds. First one was campus interview with a HR person. Basically it was just questions about the resume, and an open-end statistical problem. The second round was on-site. There are four 1-1 interviews, with technic leads, and managers. There was not any difficult technical questions, just some behavial problems, and a very straight-forward analytic test. People were nice.

Interview Questions
    • how to estimate average salary for men and women in some state without using any census data, under a certain budget.   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FICO in November 2010.

A few days after I applied online, I had a phone interview with HR, followed by a technical interview with two hiring managers, and the following week an onsite interview which started at 10 am and lasted until 3 pm. The onsite interview started with a skills test, one-on-one interviews, lunch, and group interviews (some interviewers on the phone). On-site interviewers asked about past internships and papers, also asked behavioral questions. They took notes which they later shared with HR, which offered me the position the next morning.