FICO

FICO Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FICO.

Applied online, got a call for interview within 2 weeks, had a phone screening initially then 2 more interviews on phone. No onsite.

Other Interview Reviews for FICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FICO in December 2011.

First I applied online on Linkedin for this position and after 2-3 days one of their recruiters called me. We scheduled the first phone interview. It went well and about one week after the phone interview I got an email from them asking me to appear for f2f interview at San Jose office.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like in the job description that made you apply?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FICO.

Good a call from the company within 5 days of application. however the attitude of the HR recruiter was horrible.Didn't answer or clarify any of my questions on role and interview process in turn he asked `what difference would it make ' and why I want these details.He was very arrogant throughout the call which got me thinking if I should be interviewing for a company that has such a horrible culture. I have spoken to recruiters from big software giants like amazon and MS and they are always polite and patient with candidates.

Interview Questions
    • I did not take up technical interviews since I was dissapointed by the experience during the pure screen call   Answer Question

Declined to move ahead in the process.Did not like the attitude of HR and I received a better offer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in December 2010.

There was a written test with 15 maths aptitude problems and 5 programming questions.
    The interview had 3 rounds, 2 Tech and 1 HR. The second tech round was mainly Java and OOP concepts.
    The first round focused on expertise, like Algorithms and Data Structures. The HR round mainly asked standard HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given a dictionary and a word, how would you find a set of anagrams from the dictionary ? What are the optimization trade-offs ?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at FICO in October 2009.

there was a written test for one hour -- consisting of java 1.5 questions , EJB and hibernate questions

core java - thread , hashcode, equals..etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at FICO in May 2008.

Hired as part of campus hiring, consisted of 4 rounds of interview.
    1. Technical round on HTML/PHP, http protocols.
    2. Technical round on DS and algorithms, tree traversal, sorting and searching
    3. few puzzles
    4. HR round

Interview Questions
    • One puzzle on bitwise operation and another question was, what happens when you add 10ml of wine to 1l of water and back 10ml of this water to 1l of wine.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, fixed salary in campus.