FICO

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FICO.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call for interview within 2 weeks, had a phone screening initially then 2 more interviews on phone. No onsite.

Interview Question – Interview were really easy.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FICO in December 2011.

Interview Details – First I applied online on Linkedin for this position and after 2-3 days one of their recruiters called me. We scheduled the first phone interview. It went well and about one week after the phone interview I got an email from them asking me to appear for f2f interview at San Jose office.

Interview Question – What did you like in the job description that made you apply?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FICO.

Interview Details – Good a call from the company within 5 days of application. however the attitude of the HR recruiter was horrible.Didn't answer or clarify any of my questions on role and interview process in turn he asked `what difference would it make ' and why I want these details.He was very arrogant throughout the call which got me thinking if I should be interviewing for a company that has such a horrible culture. I have spoken to recruiters from big software giants like amazon and MS and they are always polite and patient with candidates.

Interview Question – I did not take up technical interviews since I was dissapointed by the experience during the pure screen call   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Declined to move ahead in the process.Did not like the attitude of HR and I received a better offer

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at FICO in May 2008.

Interview Details – Hired as part of campus hiring, consisted of 4 rounds of interview.
1. Technical round on HTML/PHP, http protocols.
2. Technical round on DS and algorithms, tree traversal, sorting and searching
3. few puzzles
4. HR round

Interview Question – One puzzle on bitwise operation and another question was, what happens when you add 10ml of wine to 1l of water and back 10ml of this water to 1l of wine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, fixed salary in campus.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FICO in December 2010.

Interview Details – There was a written test with 15 maths aptitude problems and 5 programming questions.
The interview had 3 rounds, 2 Tech and 1 HR. The second tech round was mainly Java and OOP concepts.
The first round focused on expertise, like Algorithms and Data Structures. The HR round mainly asked standard HR questions.

Interview Question – Given a dictionary and a word, how would you find a set of anagrams from the dictionary ? What are the optimization trade-offs ?   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at FICO in October 2009.

Interview Details – there was a written test for one hour -- consisting of java 1.5 questions , EJB and hibernate questions

core java - thread , hashcode, equals..etc

Interview Question – what is hash code   Answer Question

Worked for FICO? Contribute to the Community!