FIG Corp.

www.fig.com
  www.fig.com

FIG Corp. Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at FIG Corp.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FIG Corp. in January 2014.

I got the interview via a staffing agency. There was suppose to be 3 people interviewing me, but one was sick. I spoke to the HR rep. and the team manager.

They showed me the office sections and told me a little bit about what they do. Then the HR lady told me they are looking for "someone who can hop aboard and do things right away". That was strange because I was told by the staffers that there would be some training involved. Naturally, that's usually the case with everything. The actual interview was probably the briefest I've ever been through in my life. Needless to say, I left with a bad feeling about it. They asked me questions about my previous experience as a project coordinator, which I answered pretty directly.

This situation felt like the textbook problem of HR and staffers not knowing about the actual job, employers expecting a 100% fit with no catchup leeway time in new hires, and staffing agencies not communicating the right information regarding arrangements and training.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume shows you worked as a (undisclosed A) and (undisclosed B) prior to you working as a project manager. What exactly are you trying to do with your life?   View Answer
    • Here at FIG, we care about a health work/life balance (says the HR lady). If you live over 30 minutes away, will commuting be a problem for you?   View Answer

Property Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FIG Corp. in June 2009.

Applied online and was persistant with follow-ups. This took a lot of time. Then go a phone interview which was basic and went over my resume and why I wanted to join FIG. Then I went in for a GRE type exam with math and english questions which took 1-2 hours. Upon reviewing my results I assume, I was asked for an interview with who my supervisor would be as well as the district manager. Finally, I received an offer via e-mail. Starting Salary was 39K with a guaranteed raise at 6 months if I remember. Then I got another raise at 1 year for hitting minimums on customer service. During the interview that was face to face, they asked why I wanted to join and what interested me in the carrier. They also asked me (since my experience was in a completely different field), why I wouldn't revert to that field.

Interview Questions
    • How do we know you will not revert back to a science-based carrier?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary, though I did try for just a bump to 40K to start. They said it was a standard starting salary.