FINCAD Junior Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Junior Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Surrey, BC (Canada)
Anonymous Employee in North Surrey, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at FINCAD in April 2011.

I got a reply after two weeks of submitting my resume and cover letter. First is a short phone interview. The interviewer asked some sorting algorithm and whether I know design patterns or not.

Then I got a in-person interview with two members of the quant team. The interview consisted mostly of technical questions on probability, statistics, computer science (especially C++ and OOP), and some financial products.

I was definitely under-prepared and had to admit that despite I had relevant eduction in each of these respective areas, it has been too long since I last touched these subjects.

The interviews are very nice and pleasant to talk to, in fact, one of the interviewers actually called to let me know that I didn't get the job. Amazingly nice people. I wish I did a better job, though.

Interview Questions
  • What is a positive-definite matrix?   Answer Question
  • How define a random variable with a specific distribution function?   View Answer

Worked for FINCAD? Contribute to the Community!