FINRA Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

I had a phone interview with three managers. The managers were pleasant and welcomed all questions I had. Interview was about one hour. Managers explained what they do in the office. I was asked to tell them about myself, which included school and work experience. I had to answer four behavioral questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was not prepared with the behavioral questions, but I gave real life examples for each.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FINRA

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FINRA (Woodbridge, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR for a phone interview. The interview questions were mostly behavioral based. As long as you provide sufficient examples it should go well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a team member wasn't pulling their weight. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

A friend recommended me for the position, went to an basic interview going through my resume. I had very little experience in anything finance and my major was not relevant. I explained how my personal investing skills would be relevant. Got an email about 3 weeks later to be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unpaid Internship program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

I did the online application and received a phone interview after a week or two. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview and soon got the offer. The process was simple and coordinated mainly with one HR specialist.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what you expect from the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through the FINRA careers website. I had a half-hour interview and was followed with an offer two hours later. Further, FINRA conducted a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is one area of weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

First received a phone call to set up an in person interview at their Chicago Office

Interview Questions

• I was aksed much more detailed questions about the project that I handled at School or Job level.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Very quick to call me for a phone interview after applying online. The phone interview went well, and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The person in charge of HR was very unorganized in terms of scheduling and made a number of mistakes. If I outline them here, she will know who is posting this review. Before I was able to attend my interview, she called me and told me the spot had been filled, so I guess I can't really comment on the actual interview experience. However, the process was messy overall.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Called to inform about the Phone interview. had Phone interview. It was general. I was not confident enough. Messed it up. Declined after a week,

Interview Questions

• Explain about yuor current work experience..   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FINRA in May 2011.

Interview

The work culture seemed rather loose, as least the supervisor who interviewed me was. The interview was surprisingly casual.