FINRA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.9

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

Applied online. The interview took a couple of hours and was behavioral in nature. Very good folks and very fair questions. The interview was held in a group setting with the hiring manager and a support team that included members of senior management.

Associate Developer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, the process took about a month. Then I received a phone technical interview, the talking was about 40 mins. Then asked me about my resume and some basic skills on SQL, and oop concept, and some brain teasers, as well as the testing methods.

Software Engineer for Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

They asked me about some definition for test and programming. First, the manager took me around the working place and asked me some behavior questions and some notion for testing. Then, the test team came and asked some technical questions. (For example, the notion of polymorphism and constructor in java.) At last, the developer came and asked some questions about my testing behavior.

Interview Questions

• 1. Using recursive function to reverse a String. 2. Mostly definition about testing   Answer Question

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FINRA (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through staffing agencies and within a week got a call for telephonic round and that follows with in person interview. Got to know that they will call me for one more round which they postponed since they were looking for senior guy.

Interview Questions

• If i have binary number say 10000001 then how do you determine if this is positive or negative. 2) final, finally or finalize difference? i have two no. a and b, using 3 lines of codes swap their value. No temp variable should not be used? one sql query on group by?   Answer Question

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Am very sad to express my words that my interview didn't go well! Phone Interview cleared with Introduction ,SQL and Puzzles. F2F interview round -Toatl they we 4 people in interview pannel and none of them has interest in asking Question except one developer. Explained about previous project and they have to me SQL scenario to solve. There are two tables, manager and employee, using sql query to return the managers whose id isn't presented in the employee id column of employees table. I wrote SQL query for the given scenario. Next The developer who is out his mind ask me to write JAVA program for above SQL scenario :( i tried my best to attempt but didn't wrote code like developer. Some test case input you need to guess for the same Employee and manger table against code. If you go for any Test Position pleas review all testers comments posted in this site.I would say they dont have much interest in hiring candidates whocomes from staffing agency. Need programming knowledge to crack this interview or you should lucky enough to get simple question like Fibonacci recursive and SQL questions (JOINTS) and some puzzle -Two glass balls , 100 story building. I didnt get any of these question in my interview pannel.

Interview Questions

• Developer who is out his mind ask me to write JAVA program for above SQL scenario :( i tried my best to attempt but didn't wrote code like developer. SQL scenario -two tables, manager and employee, using sql query to return the managers whose id isn't presented in the employee id column of employees table.   1 Answer

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD).

Interview

One round of interviews, with a phone interview after with a higher-up. They also gave a writing test. It was similar to a high school essay prompt, basically wanted to make sure you could put together five paragraphs. After that, they had me meet with two managers and a current employee. As an entry level person they don't expect you know anything specific, but they did try to gauge that I was intelligent, could string words together to provide thoughtful response (sounds simple, but many people can not do this).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at FINRA?   1 Answer

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

It takes about two weeks, the people who set up the phone interview asked a lot core java questions and sql questions. He asked a lot very tricky questions. It last 40 mins and he did not ask any experiences I had.

Gateway Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed with FINRA a couple days later. I met with all the different managers the day of the interview. Everyone was nice and easy to talk to. I got an offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of hypothetical questions "What would you do in this situation..." They also ask how you handled pressure. Strengths and weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Associate Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FINRA (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by an employee and a few days later was invited to career day. At career day they have a small breakfast and presentation in the morning. Be aware you will be meeting the other candidates. Afterwards you meet with 3 to 4 directors or managers to be interviewed. They also host a lunch for the candidates between interviews. The questions are mostly behavioral based to see how you work in a team setting and make decisions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make an immediate decision without having all of the facts? How did you go about making the decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Choose a complex accounting topic and explain it to me?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

I had a phone interview with three managers. The managers were pleasant and welcomed all questions I had. Interview was about one hour. Managers explained what they do in the office. I was asked to tell them about myself, which included school and work experience. I had to answer four behavioral questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was not prepared with the behavioral questions, but I gave real life examples for each.   Answer Question