FINRA Regulatory Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.1

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

I was co tatted by a recruiter for an in person interview. I was greeted in HR office and explained about the interciew process and given a writing test. Then I was interviewed by a couple of managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FINRA

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FINRA.

Interview

Apply online, they have multiple types of positions. Human resources emails/calls you if offered an interview. Interview is pretty straight forward, be prepared to talk about your resume, why you are interested in FINRA, and the specific group you are applying to. Everyone I talked to was pretty laid back and I would say the most important thing is too just be engaging and don't sound too rehearsed.

Interview Questions

• How will you use your past experiences to help contribute to this position?   1 Answer

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FINRA (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

Levels of interview(generally):
    *HR calls for phone screening and a short writing sample maybe be requested, then;
    *interview with managers(1-3) and maybe some staff
    if managers interview goes well then;
    *Interview with the director or higher level manager
    *Job offer with a call from HR or no offer and you will not hear back
    *If offered and you accepted then background check and drug test

-I Applied Online then HR called for interview (if you apply to multiple positions you may get multiple interviews, don't be surprised if they encourage you to apply to other positions)
    -Scheduled the interview - standard interview (they are specific about what they want)
    -At the interview they may say "tell me about yourself" or they'll try to get to know you a bit.
    -To get a job offer it helps a lot to know someone in the company, its almost impossible without knowing someone. They hire mainly from references within the company

Interview Questions

• -Examples of dealing with challenging reps
      -Programs you are familiar with (Excel and MS office in general)
      -Questions about being organized,team player, and multitasking
      -Working under pressure
      -Do you consider yourself successful? how would you describe being successful
      -Knowledge of FINRA/SEC/MSRB rules and regulations and surveillance systems (17a-3, 17a-4, 8210, oats, trace, etc)

1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer you a salary, not really negotiable

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Interview process was fairly intensive; panel interview with 5 employees in a very large room at Rockville headquarters. Somewhat intimidating environment. Many questions were skeptical, bordering on rude. Be prepared to be confronted and keep your cool. Afterwards, HR takes you back to the office to discuss benefits, etc., and you have to do a writing test -- approximately 1 hour long.

Interview Questions

• What in your background makes you think you have the qualifications for this position?   Answer Question

Other, better opportunities.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FINRA (Chicago, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

Received one phone interview, proceeded by two in person interviews. Interviews extremely informal on phone. Basic questions about education (Specific Courses), work history. Asked to explain a time when you made a mistake on the job or had a disagreement. Asked to explain a project where you worked with a team member.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in December 2008.

Interview

The hiring process has changed significantly since I was hired. Now, there is a writing test in addition to the interview process.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FINRA (Rockville, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

Writing Sample, 2 1:1 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but I was granted a $5k relocation bonus

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FINRA.

Interview

Interview was fair, but HR does not seem to know what they are doing.