FIS

114 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FIS.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an email to install a tool used at FIS. This was to test UNIX concepts. After that, was asked to schedule a telephonic interview. The interview went at a very fast rate, shooting questions about recursion and other data structures related to C++.

Interview Question – Given an algorithm to traverse a binary tree using recursion, convert it into iterative approach.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FIS in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through company website, received a call from the recruiting department, had a short phone interview that went well and was offered the opportunity to interview, received a email within 10 mins, giving me directions on how to get to the company location, interview time who i would interview with and to bring several copies of my resume.

Interviewed four days after email, interviewed with the head of this department. Interview was about 300-45 mins long, lot's of questions in-regards to terminology used in the merchant world, gave a example of a tough call, mad customer, a time when i could not meet a dead line and how I handled it. The interview went awesome, I had the person interviewing me laughing through out the process, and I asked questions myself of the interviewer. I was told that I had a lot of great ideas and that I didn't answer one question wrong.

However it has been almost 20 days now and they are still interviewing for the position, the recruiter called and informed me that the last interview will be on a specific day and that I will be notified of the outcome. This is the longest I have ever waited for a job offer and have had three interviews with other companies in this time as well as receiving requests to come interview. I'm waiting to see what happens because I like what I have seen about this company, and not to mention the fact it is Global.

Interview Question – None, hardest thing is the waiting game.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FIS in May 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through the company website portal, got an email from the corporate HR recruiter maybe 2-3 weeks later requesting availability for an interview by phone with her. After that phone interview, came in for a face to face interview for 1 hour with the Controller for that business unit, then got a job offer the next week.

Negotiation Details – They offered me $50K with 2 weeks vacation and I countered with $55K with 4 weeks of vacation, they stood hard at $50k and 2 weeks. I had just been downsized and didn't have a job, so I took it. After yearly performance increases I ended at $57K after 3 years of working in that position with a 5k first year, 3k 2nd year and 2k third year bonus at the end of my employment.

Fraud Prevention Analyst II Interview

Fraud Prevention Analyst II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FIS in June 2014.

Interview Details – Although, the hiring manager was really nice the mgr. was not engaged in the entire interview process upon meeting. It seemed as though the manager had already chosen a candidate and had to meet with me as a formality, not to mention the interview time they gave me pretty much told me I wasn't the first person they met with. The mgr. made it a point to tell me the level of stress they are under and the large amount of interviews that has been done and that police officers and lawyers applied to this position. The mgr asked me about 5 questions, the interview lasted about 20 minutes and most of it the mgr talked and spoke about the position. The mgr. did not take any notes on the blank spaces on the pages between each question that was asked and the mgr talked so fast to what it seems hurry and get me out of there.
Also, I followed directions as stated in the interview instructions given by the corp. recruiter for the company "come professionally dressed, with several copies of your resume" none of which it felt I needed. I didn't use any of the resumes and I was overdressed compared to employees and the hiring manager.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult at all. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and what did you do? What did you like most/least about your job? Do you like individual work or group work? Tell me about a time when there were not any policies in place to guide you and how did you manage? (not verbatim but something very close to that) Lastly, tell me about a personal or work goal you completed and how did you take steps to do so?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at FIS

Interview Details – 5 interviews including phone interview. Not very difficult interview but had to meet a lot of people at different locations. Initial phone interview, three personal interviews, 2 phone interviews, extremely thorough background check via third party. Included blood tests etc.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FIS in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was an internal hire who responded to a job posting in the department. I submitted my resume and had a phone interview. The hiring manager was already familiar with me, my work, and my references so he didn't feel that a second interview was necessary.

Interview Question – I didn't have any unexpected questions and although some of them were probing, I didn't find any of them difficult. This may have just been my personal experience because the hiring manager and I were already familiar with each other and knew what to expect from one another.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We discussed salary, hours, and opportunities for growth. the conversation was straightforward on both sides. I asked for what I felt was reasonable, and since it fit into the hiring managers expectations, he accepted. My experience with hiring managers in this company is typically that openness is the best policy.

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FIS.

Interview Details – applied online and got a call within a week. phone screen with HR and scheduled another phone interview with hiring manager a few days later. phone interviewed and then scheduled onsite interview. interview took about an hour. got a call next day with offer.

Interview Question – nothing difficult or unexpected. just know yourself to sell yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is room for negotiation. you never know until you try.

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FIS in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had to take a Customer Service test on the computer, pretty basic questions...I was told I did very well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for FIS?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FIS in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process are phone interviews, then face to face if you pass that. With face to face they will pass you around 4 times to different managers. 2 managers in each office, you are drilled about everything in this based upon the business or technical side. The last one is a robot quiz.

Interview Question – I was told by a hiring manager in an interview that she saw a lot of wasted potential.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Systems Administrator Senior Interview

Systems Administrator Senior
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FIS in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR "recruiter."

Interview Question – The questions were all open ended. The interview was pretty much rambling conversation between myself and the "recruiter."   Answer Question

Worked for FIS? Contribute to the Community!