FIS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.7

Analyst Interview

Interview

Straightforward process, phone screen then 2 follow up calls. The company is looking for people who can learn and will train those with the right skills who they think they can develop. Very professional, everyone involved in the interview was intelligent and pointed with questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage large amounts of data analysis for multiple clients?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Pretty simple process. I had an initial phone screening from someone in HR, followed by a phone interview with the head of the Marketing department. The phone interview as super casual and conversational, no big curveballs or hard-hitting questions. After the phone interview, I was invited to go down to their HQ in Jacksonville for an in-person interview. I ended up turning them down for another offer, but it seemed like a good place to work overall.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FIS (Port Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Good process computer simulation and one on one interview felt good place to work the only bad side was how long background check takes wanting to go back 10 years explaining any time gaps and all addresses.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FIS.

Interview

Before phone interview I was asked to complete a online task in Linux. Then they scheduled the phone interview. It truly is the worst phone interview I have experienced ever. The man who interviewed me was rush, mean and rude. Obviously all he wants is to get this interview over with and he did not give a damn about how the interviewee is doing.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FIS (Menomonee Falls, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a networking event, she then forwarded my resume to various departments in the company, I got brought in to interview with my manager, he asked some behavioral questions, resume stuff, then we talked about the position. After the interview, I got a call a week or so later.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FIS in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. HR contacted me saying they were interested in my profile, and was asked to do a task in Linux upon which I would be scheduled an interview. The interview was pretty decent. Questions were on Trees. The interviewer was rushing into things and wasn't really helpful. I had to code on a piece of paper and had to read out the code which was very unprofessional like.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FIS (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Like most, I applied for the position online and a little after a week I was in communications with a recruiter. My recruiter was extremely helpful and informed me of the next steps. I had a screening interview that was a breeze, normal/basic interview questions. After the phone interview, I got a call back from my recruiter letting me know the max hourly rate they could go. I set up a in-person interview for a week after the phone interview. For my in-person interview, I dressed business casual and met my manager, who was extremely laid back and had a very open interview with me. I don't think this is the case with many interviews here but if you get lucky, some of the managers will proceed like this. After the interview I drove home and by the time I parked my car and locked it, I was getting a call from my recruiter stating that they would love to offer me the job. I accepted the position and started two weeks later. It took about a total of two weeks to get the position and I gave a two week notice at my prior job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiable

Bilingual Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northport, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at FIS (Northport, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially I did a telephone interview. Based on these results I was invited to take a computer-based assessment which simulated what I would experience by working in a call center. The next day I was called in to return for an in-person interview. However, the person conducting the interview was a former supervisor from a company where I worked before instead of the person I was told that would conduct the interview. This former supervisor was under the impression that I was interviewing for a general customer service position instead of the specific, in high demand, position of bilingual customer service representative.

Interview Questions

• Would I feel comfortable in a high-stress environment of a call center.   1 Answer

Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FIS (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

it took about 2 weeks. First step is to build their application gt.m where unix/linux concepts are tested. Then theres a technical round of interview. questions were on databases, data structure and algorithms(trees and hash table), computer architecture, problem solving questions, linux/unix questions

Interview Questions

• differece between compiler and interpreter. How will you design a compiler using assembly language, which is more efficient and why from trees and hash table.   Answer Question

Privacy Risk Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FIS (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I received the recruiters email through the universities job website. I contacted her and sent her my resume. She contacted me about a week later and set up a phone interview for a week later. During my interview on the phone my interviewer gave me laws and acts to research for the in person interview. After the phone interview my interviewer said they would get back to me within the week. One week went by and heard nothing, but got called back 2 weeks later asking to do a face to face interview. Had the face to face interview and during the interview he went over what the job would be like and asked me questions about the acts and laws. After the interview they said they would get back to me within a week again. Just like last time didn't hear anything and after 3 weeks sent a follow up email. Finally I heard back and received one of the automative emails saying they choose another candidate.