FLIR

FLIR Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

Territory Outside Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FLIR.

Submitted my information for a open position as a Territory manager. Almost immediately the next day I received an email wanting to have a telephone conversation/interview. I responded with a email and a phone call to the HR manager. No Response. The next day I left an additional voice mail message as a follow up. Still no response.
    This is not what I would consider a good thing... a true lack of follow through.

Director of Public Relations Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FLIR in November 2014.

I applied online and was asked to do a phone interview with the internal recruiter, then a phone interview with their Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), and finally asked to come in for face-to-face interviews with the CMO and four members of his team. Everyone I met with seemed intelligent and capable, and fairly enthusiastic about their jobs and the company. I was also very impressed with the company's products and strategic direction. However, there were some things that emerged during the interview that were concerns for me. First, the position requires up to 50% travel, which is just not something I'm prepared to do - and from what I can tell, most of that travel is for internal meetings. I'm surprised the company doesn't make more of an effort to use videoconferencing to cut down on their travel costs. Second, I was told that the company is very frugal when it comes to spending (expect travel, apparently), and unfortunately that means the person who ends up in this position will be expected to accomplish some very lofty goals with very limited staff and budget. The pay range (estimated around $100K/year) is also below industry average for the level of position and scope of responsibility. After coming in for several hours of face-to-face interviews, I of course followed up with thank you notes to the recruiter and everyone I interviewed with, and was surprised to receive no acknowledgement or further communications (not even a "thanks but we've decided to go another way"). I had decided already that this position wasn't the right fit for me, but I still find it surprising that they don't do candidates the basic courtesy of following up after they've invested that much time and effort in the interview process.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FLIR in May 2014.

I had one on one with 5 people 15-30 mins each, first was hiring manager and the rest were all engineers ( they are all friendly) . Hiring manager did not say anything much just went over the interviewing process. Engineers asked general questions like what was my courses were like, what did i do.

Interview Questions
    • Last engineer asked if I could show them inverting amplifier with gain of 10? It was straight forward question and simple question but i staggered a little, because i was not sure if he was serious or not.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FLIR in October 2013.

Short interview with about five employees 15 minutes each. Each employee was manager level or higher. We had a friendly and comfortable discussion regarding past projects.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward, first interview. Mostly a greet and meet.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at FLIR.

Good interviews with various folks in the company hierarchy. Questions were straightforward and sensible.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you were go about cracking the "X" market in the federal government.   Answer Question
    Minimal. I was pleased with the offer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FLIR in July 2011.

I interviewed with HR, Hiring Manager, C Level, Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?   View Answer
    Short, they wouldn't budge.

Optical Mechanical Tech Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FLIR in February 2010.

very professional

Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FLIR in September 2008.

It was a while ago for my personal hiring and interview process. I was interviewed by several different people, in multiple interviews. It was a smooth process.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at FLIR in September 2013.

Applied online and contacted the following day.
    First interview on the phone.
    Two weeks after, was interviewed by two engineers and a Manager.

After other 2 weeks I was interviewed by the same people again followed by another interview with de General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really complicated. They asked me to explain them my passed projects.   Answer Question