FLIR Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FLIR.

Interview

Very professional class organization. The process consisted of 3 in person interviews over a 1 month period. The first 2 in my home area with the Regional Director of Sales and National VP of Sales. For the final interview I was flown to Flir along with other candidates where I had an additional 3 interviews, was given a tour of the facility and then presented a 5-7 minute sales presentation in front of 8 employees comparing Flir's product to their top competitor. This presentation was something I was informed of a week before hand, and had Flir had provided me with a demo of their product to get to work with and learn about and lots of sample PowerPoint slides that I could pick and choose from but they also wanted me to make my own. Flir made a hiring decision within a week of that final interview. Although I did not end up receiving the offer for the position the overall experience was very positive. Flir is a top-notch company and I was given first class treatment throughout the entire process. positive

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 5-7 minute PowerPoint sales presentation comparing Flir's E4 IR Camera with Fluke's VT04 Visual IR Thermometer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FLIR.

Interview

Submitted my information for a open position as a Territory manager. Almost immediately the next day I received an email wanting to have a telephone conversation/interview. I responded with a email and a phone call to the HR manager. No Response. The next day I left an additional voice mail message as a follow up. Still no response. This is not what I would consider a good thing... a true lack of follow through.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FLIR in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do a phone interview with the internal recruiter, then a phone interview with their Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), and finally asked to come in for face-to-face interviews with the CMO and four members of his team. Everyone I met with seemed intelligent and capable, and fairly enthusiastic about their jobs and the company. I was also very impressed with the company's products and strategic direction. However, there were some things that emerged during the interview that were concerns for me. First, the position requires up to 50% travel, which is just not something I'm prepared to do - and from what I can tell, most of that travel is for internal meetings. I'm surprised the company doesn't make more of an effort to use videoconferencing to cut down on their travel costs. Second, I was told that the company is very frugal when it comes to spending (expect travel, apparently), and unfortunately that means the person who ends up in this position will be expected to accomplish some very lofty goals with very limited staff and budget. The pay range (estimated around $100K/year) is also below industry average for the level of position and scope of responsibility. After coming in for several hours of face-to-face interviews, I of course followed up with thank you notes to the recruiter and everyone I interviewed with, and was surprised to receive no acknowledgement or further communications (not even a "thanks but we've decided to go another way"). I had decided already that this position wasn't the right fit for me, but I still find it surprising that they don't do candidates the basic courtesy of following up after they've invested that much time and effort in the interview process.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FLIR (Billerica, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had one on one with 5 people 15-30 mins each, first was hiring manager and the rest were all engineers ( they are all friendly) . Hiring manager did not say anything much just went over the interviewing process. Engineers asked general questions like what was my courses were like, what did i do.

Interview Questions

• Last engineer asked if I could show them inverting amplifier with gain of 10? It was straight forward question and simple question but i staggered a little, because i was not sure if he was serious or not.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (North Billerica, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job, got called in two weeks after. 4 Engineers and 1HR were conducted one-on-one interview. It was straight forward interview, asked questions about what I do in school and my projects. Showed them my project and what I do as well as previous intern experience was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Draw an Inverting amplifier with 10 gain   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FLIR (Billerica, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Short interview with about five employees 15 minutes each. Each employee was manager level or higher. We had a friendly and comfortable discussion regarding past projects.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward, first interview. Mostly a greet and meet.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (Washington, DC).

Interview

Good interviews with various folks in the company hierarchy. Questions were straightforward and sensible.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you were go about cracking the "X" market in the federal government.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal. I was pleased with the offer.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FLIR (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Group interview conducted by engineers, a manager and a director. Not everyone is great at interviewing candidates. Only one interviewer asked in depth questions. The others seemed to be looking for the right personality. We had a low key discussion based on my prior experience and approach to problem solving. Came back the next day and also took a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Give an example how you resolved a tough problem recently.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for FLIR?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FLIR (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with HR, Hiring Manager, C Level, Manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short, they wouldn't budge.

Optical Mechanical Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FLIR in February 2010.

Interview

very professional