FLURRY

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.4

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FLURRY.

I applied for the job through someone I knew at the company (inside referral). I had an initial phone screen interview with my would-be boss, who was extremely nice and friendly. He asked me about my college experience and about what I was looking for in terms of jobs (including why I wanted to work in San Francisco). My second phone interview was a little longer but pretty similar.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my background in advertising and marketing, a question I hadn't prepared for even though it was pretty pertinent.   View Answer

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FLURRY in September 2013.

phone call with recruiter followed by phone call with hiring director. Just talked about my past experience and few technical questions
    Simple Code exercise to be submitted by email
    Followed by in house interview with 5 member team
    Technical code/algorithm questions: related to performance, data structure, min coin amount algorithm etc

Interview Questions
    • sometime it difficult to come out with best algorithm and write recursion effectively on board in 30 min time   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Got interview call for the engineering position. Met 5 folks. The first person i met didn't seem too technical and I felt just prepared to take the interview. I had a feeling that the person was probably forced to take interview and was kind of agitated with me. After a certain point i just stopped bothering as that person just wanted to hear what was read for conducting the interview instead of thinking logically what the problem is and why the solution would work and instead gave me vague answers on why their solution is the only solution, the rest of the 3 people I met were really smart and knew what they were talking about, they did ask good questions on algorithms, scalability, design patterns. At the end met the recruiter. Nothing bad about the interview process, just my experience.

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FLURRY in August 2012.

This was the most thorough and detailed interview process I have ever been through, and that includes some pretty tough companies. And yet, through it all, the people interviewing were well organized, focused, and had done their homework. They were all really nice people and that came through clearly. Communication was good and they were timely with their responses. If they do everything as well as they interview, this company will do extremely well. Its not often that you're put through the ringer and come out really impressed.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few phases of homework involved. One was to create specs for a competitor's next product. One was to do a competitive analysis on a few people in the space. Both very real-life situations so I thought that was a great way to dig into candidate's capabilities and to see how they thought about specs and analysis they do. I've never worked harder and been more impressed with an interview cycle.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FLURRY.

Had a great phone interview, the developer was very intelligent, interesting and made me excited for when I got a call back and they wanted a on-site interview.

I flew out with a promise of reimbursement on my own dime, they emailed me the morning before the interview and told me the position had been filled by a referral by one of the developers. Now I am in a situation where they may or may not reimburse me without ever having interviewed me, and 3 days of my life wasted.

Interview Questions
    • Design a way to represent data from a few months of website traffic.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FLURRY in April 2012.

Some of the interviewers are patient and nice. The interview is not very difficult. However, the office is not that cool.