FM Global

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Consultant Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FM Global.

Interview 1: Basic interview where I was interviewed by 3 people (2 engineers and 1 HR). The Interview last about an hour and consisted of a couple behavioral questions, but mostly they just talked about me and what I've done in the past. It was a very laid back interview and they were very nice.

Interview 2: Took place at a Headquarters in St. Louis and was about 4 hours long. I again met with about 2 high ranking engineers and a client annalist. Many behavioral questions and more thorough review of my experiences. Lastly I met with the same HR Lady who talked about benefits and I took a personality test. Very nice people and the atmosphere was very relaxed.

Consultant Engineer Interview

Went through an on campus interview, the interviewers took some time to get to know you, then went through your experiences and then had a couple of simple behavioral interview questions. Interviews were very friendly and answered all questions and were very easy to converse with

Consultant Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FM Global.

Applied through university's website, heard back within a month for an on campus interview. Attended their info session the night before. Interview was one on one, extremely laid back, no real interviewing questions. Just chatted for 40 minutes.

Senior Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FM Global.

phone interview with the QA Lead about my past experience and inperson interview with Sr QA,QA Lead,dev lead about past exp,sql queries .Interview was not very hard to handle,people were nuce and friendly.

Interview Questions
    contract position through an agency

Brand Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FM Global.

The internal recruiter was the warmest and most professional person in the process without a doubt. After that I felt like they were all going through the motions. I met with 2 people in the office first and they asked me questions off a list. If they liked my answer they wrote a mark next to the question. Pretty basic stuff-what do I know about the company, how did I hear of the job. I then interviewed with 3 managers via teleconference. These questions were also read off a list and were behavioral in nature-"how would you react if..." They also inquired deeply into my skills and emphasized what I was lacking. The hiring manager stated that they advertised the position under different job titles to attract more people, and that they really weren't hiring for the job I responded to. I received a rejection letter, via email, after asking about my status, 9 days later. After putting a huge amount of effort into the skills test and my interview prep. I was extremely disappointed after finding out that they really didn't want someone with my background. I don't really know why I was selected in the first place.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about coaching foreigners on their report writing techniques?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FM Global in October 2014.

I applied through university recruiting site and got a call from the HR to set up the interview as they were going to come for the career fair. I was asked general basic questions. The HR spoke more about himself and the company. Overall a good experience. Later he told me that he will give the feedback to the manager and they will call me if they are interested.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FM Global in October 2014.

FM Global visited our university and were recruiting there. They took resumes and of course asked everyone to also apply online. After about 2-3 weeks, they sent an email through the university recruiting website to sign up for an on campus interview.

The interview was conducted by the same representative I had met at the career fair. She told me a bit about the company and the position itself. After that, she asked me about myself and a few situational questions. The questions were not very difficult. I was asked if I had any questions and she ended by telling me I should hear back in about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult.
      1. Tell me about yourself. What motivates you? What drives you?
      2. What sorts of things would you look for if you were looking at a solar panel installation for a client?
      3. What sorts of things would you look for in an electrical room for a client?

Answer Question

Consulting Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FM Global in September 2014.

Got the interview from on campus recruiting, after the first interview they contacted me for a phone interview but declined because I had a really good offer from a oil company. I thought the interview was a great person and liked the work he did, I remember asking him "what don't you like about FM Global ?" to which he replied he does not like the pay and wishes the company would pay more.

Interview Questions
    • Not much behavioral just asked me about my past internship experience. One question I remember the interviewer asking is "What do you like to do outside of work?"   Answer Question

Better offer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FM Global.

I first met this company through a school career fair. Two people came, one was a recent graduate of my school the other was the recruiter. Both helped describe the position very well and actually made it seem like they wanted me. I had an on campus interview the next day which was more like a screening with very basic questions. I got called in for an on site interview which was a bit tougher. I got interviewed by three individuals who all asked behavioral questions and questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time in which you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision.   Answer Question

Consultant Engineer Interview

1st Interview - Phone interview. Basic get-to-know-you questions. Asked about degree and prior experience.

2nd Interview - Phone Interview. Asked more situational workplace questions. Hypothetical scenarios and how you would react etc. Personal experience questions.

3rd interview - Full day in-house interview. Multiple rounds with different managers. 10-15 minute presentation on relevant topic of your choice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation at work where something did not go right and you took responsibility for it. How did that work out?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate