FMC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

Interview

Very short, informal interview. They give you minimal explanation of the Job Requirements ... But tell you after, it is sink or swim with them. Do not expect to be trained here. That is non existent if you are an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Not many. Get the Subsea Engineer's handbook.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FMC.

Interview

the interview was a one on one interview was pretty straight forward. I was offered a hob after teh first iterview. The managers i interviewed with were very easy to talk to

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at FMC.

Interview

Applied on the website and received a e-mail a month later to set-up the interview with the hiring manager. I was qualified to do the job and had experience working with all the members of the team however, the hiring manager asked me if I wanted to remove my name from the candidate list because he thought I was only applying to get a boost in pay. Another candidate had already been identified so the manager just went through the motions.

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green River, WY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FMC (Green River, WY) in March 2015.

Interview

2 day interview comprising of 6 individual interviews with Department heads and HR. Professional interview with a grand tour of the facility. Very difficult and physically/mentally exhausting interviews, but professional. Ultimately they are looking for a purple dinosaur. There was an issue with one member being prejudicial against prior career military. It manifested during the interview and my executive recruiter had tipped me off beforehand. Ultimately, I may never have had a chance. I addressed the concern - a false stereotype that career military don't deal with civilians. (couldn't be further from the truth). I really don't know what they were looking for. I thought I nailed it all. Good luck with them, - their loss. I really wanted to work for them. Some of the interview sessions were rushed and I simply did not have the time to address all of their possible questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process change you made to incorporate improvement.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green River, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FMC (Green River, WY) in January 2015.

Interview

Met recruiters at career fair and had a first round interview on campus. The recruiters said that they would pass the resumes onto their supervisor. Got a call from the HR Dept setting up an insure interview a few weeks after first interview. Drove to Wyoming and was reimbursed for mileage. Had dinner with two current process engineers to see how well I got along with the workers. Had breakfast with the supervisor and another employee. Had two interviews on site-one technical and one behavioral. Technical one was similar to a test so they could see your thinking as you worked through each process. Typical behavioral questions. Had lunch with all the process engineers on site. They drove me back to town and showed me different areas of town that I had expressed interest in seeing. Did not hear back for eight weeks.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FMC.

Interview

First phone screening with an HR, a week later got an invitation for an on-site interview, which is a 30*3 interview. People are very nice. Work environment is good.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Behavioral questions and chem lab questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was great

Rotation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Straight forward questions. Mainly machine design and Mechanics of materials. The interviewer would explain a scenario and ask that you explain your concerns with the design and how it can be improved. Made me draw it out on the board and go over my thought process. It was easy since I had just gone through senior design and presentations were part of our grade.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FMC (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Long and drawn out. They use predefined questions and a pool of interviewers who score each question. From start to hire will take about 60 days.They have an onboading porcess for new hires but they don't follow it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you can negotiate

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FMC in July 2014.

Interview

Very focused on safety. You are required to use the hand rail up and down the stairs. Seems like a over reaction considering there were only 5 steps. But it there focus. Has a two person phone interview and one week later a face to face. Did not get to see any of the operations or plants I would be managing. Interview with 5 people. The grueling 2 hour interview with HR was total torture. 4 weeks later still being told to wait. They are interviewing the whole world looking for someone willing to accept a low salary. Used ladders to catch job, stated $123 - $200K, salary has know been removed looking for low cost employees I guess. Cost of living (housing) is very very high. Was told relocation included buying house. But relocation package ended up being a grant of money, relocate and temp house yourself.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was only interested in the position for short term gain and would be moving on real quick.   4 Answers

To many lies about the relocation package. Told me everything I wanted to known hoping to lure me in. Did not work. Be very careful and ask a lot of quesitons

Enterprise Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had first round with a SAP logistics technical Lead basic questions and resume walk through. Had second round with the applications development manager again basic questions nothing unexpected. All were phone interviews. The third round was a HR round with the HR manager. Within a week I got a call regarding the job and got an offer by mail within the next few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation above average hourly rate