FMC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.8

Site Maintenance Manager Green River Wy Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FMC in July 2014.

Very focused on safety. You are required to use the hand rail up and down the stairs. Seems like a over reaction considering there were only 5 steps. But it there focus. Has a two person phone interview and one week later a face to face. Did not get to see any of the operations or plants I would be managing. Interview with 5 people. The grueling 2 hour interview with HR was total torture. 4 weeks later still being told to wait. They are interviewing the whole world looking for someone willing to accept a low salary. Used ladders to catch job, stated $123 - $200K, salary has know been removed looking for low cost employees I guess. Cost of living (housing) is very very high. Was told relocation included buying house. But relocation package ended up being a grant of money, relocate and temp house yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I was only interested in the position for short term gain and would be moving on real quick.   View Answers (4)

To many lies about the relocation package. Told me everything I wanted to known hoping to lure me in. Did not work. Be very careful and ask a lot of quesitons

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at FMC in November 2013.

Called by 3rd party recruiter that was hiring for position. Lengthy phone call that was more geared toward past experiences and work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • Self evaluation type questions. "What would you say is your worst attribute", etc.   Answer Question

Finance/Controllers/Treasury/Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at FMC.

Decent, straight-forward process. First there is a screen and then an in-person interview that should take at least three hours

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all fairly expected. Be prepared to talk about your abilities. And be relaxed.   View Answer
    I made the mistake of not negotiating, as the offer blew me away at the time and I was excited to get the job.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ewing, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FMC in August 2013.

I applied this position (analytical chemist) on line and received phone interview request in a week. The phone interview was about 30 minutes. I was asked to describe my research, why I like this positon, what career goal is, my experience with the techniques this position required.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FMC.

4 interviews of 2 people each. Each person focused on a different competency. Hiring manager focused on competences most critical to job.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly standard. Asked a few questions on company and division vision/mission/goals. Company vision clearly posted online. Division vision came from initial discussions prior to interview plus more details from asking during face to face interviews.   Answer Question

Procurement Analyst Interview

3 stage interview process. Very friendly and open, clear about responsibilities and expectations.

Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at FMC in April 2012.

1:- Telephonic Interview
    2:- Face to Face Inteview

CD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at FMC in October 2009.

I had a total of 3 interviews and they were quite long. The first one was HR, the last 2 were presentation type.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FMC in January 2009.

Phone interview with technical contact. Later face to face interview with hiring manager and and hiring managers manager. HR interview to review your personality.

Interview Questions
    little hard. will not have good raise.

Associate Strategy Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FMC in October 2010.

2 1:1 interviews with head of HR and a VP. Interview with VP consisted in discussion of resume, plus a quick market sizing problem. Interview with HR was more challenging. Wasn't enough prepared. Be prepared to articulate clearly why you wanna do the job and why that company.

Interview Questions
    • If your boss asks you to send a worker in a country at war. What would be your answer?   Answer Question

Worked for FMC? Contribute to the Community!