1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FMC Technologies (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Started off with an online application consisting of a CV submission, as well as two application questions: what makes you suitable to be an FMC technologies engineering graduate & describe a time when you had to work effectively as a team.
    I was then sent a few online tests to carry out: numerical, verbal reasoning & mechanical comprehension, which were pretty standard (they also give you tips on how to carry these out).
    After this, I was invited to the assessment centre. This consisted of a group activity where we had to build a small k'nex helicopter, with our only blueprint being a pre constructed model which 3 of us each had one minute to look at it then describe it to the others to try and build it (this was quite hectic!). It also consisted of a technical and competency based interview which were standard. Finally, you had to to a business case study for an hour where you reviewed two choices a hypothetical company could make over manufacturing sites. You then had to present your outcomes to a couple of staff in an attempt to try and convince them that your desicion was the right one.
    Overall they were pretty friendly, tried to help you out where possible.

Interview Questions

• The business case study was difficult as it was their job to try and find flaws in your argument. It is easy to start having a negative attitude due to this but what they're probably looking for is someone who is confident enough in their analysis that can remain steadfast to their own argument.   Answer Question