FMC Technologies

2.8

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Subsea Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FMC Technologies.

Contacted by phone from contractor that worked in house as a recruiter for FMC. An application emailed filled out sent back. Called in for an interview three panel person. Went on tour of facility with about 50 others in various positions had lunch two days of learning history and some benefit information. Letter of Offer sent in email went through apprenticeship basically self guided until it was discovered groups formed armed with answers and only used half a day but paid for full day. Finally went through all required rotations in bay and one 2 week off site job. Went before review board to answer questions then assigned my temporary job returned after 8 months of rotation to permanent position and rotation but it was another training and acceptance in the right click to be assigned true permanent rotational job.

Interview Questions
    • Did you locate the resources to get trough apprenticeship?   Answer Question
    None

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FMC Technologies in August 2014.

Interviewed with accounting manager. Very professional. Straightforward, no-nonsense. All business. Talked about my current position. Nice building, spacious cubicles. Seemed an environment that nurtured people; but at same time very technical. Lots of flow charts on the white board.

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at FMC Technologies in August 2014.

The interview was split evenly between the description by the hiring manager of the tasks at and at my opportunity to ask questions about role ad and work at the company. I interviewed with two people: marketing lead for the business line and a sales manager who just returned to Houston after two years' in Dubai.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult. Unexpected; what do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

WCS Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FMC Technologies in May 2014.

I was recommended for an interview by an outside recruiter. The interview took place soon after being contacted. The interview covered past experience as well as a technical q&a. Interviewed with two FMC employees, a manager and a supervisor. I was recommended by a recruiter and only required one interview before receiving an offer. The hiring process is pretty standard and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Most technical questions involved stress analysis or strengths of materials type questions. None of the non-technical questions were meant to be very difficult to answer. For example: What is the main type of stress being exerted on this bolt.   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at FMC Technologies in April 2014.

I interviewed for a position with FMC Technologies in April 2014. Technically, I was interviewing for a contract position with GHG Corp, but it was understood I would be hired by FMC if things went well. I met the hiring manager in the lobby and went to his office where we talked for about 45 minutes. The interview was very informal. The manager was interested in how much I actually knew versus asking me canned interview question. After 45 minutes we left his office and I met all his employees in a conference room. They each asked me questions which was a little nerve-wracking but they were nice. I left feeling really good about the interview and optimistic I would get the offer. It took about a month to hear back and unfortunately, I did not get the offer. I was told there was a possibility the manager would hire another person later in the summer so I got my fingers crossed I hear from them again.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any one particularly difficult question. But the manager did ask a lot of really detailed questions about my current job and how it would apply to the prospective job. You would not be able to B.S. your way through the interview if you weren't qualified!   Answer Question

Project Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FMC Technologies in April 2014.

Met recruiters at a career fair on my college campus where one interview took place. Contacted me for a 2nd interview a week later. Took about 3 weeks after the second interview for an offer. Just got the offer, so still not 100% sure on how the hiring or negotiation process will go.

Interview Questions
    • Are you more detail oriented or more of a big picture person? Wasn't a necessarily difficult, I just wasn't sure which way I wanted to answer it.   View Answer
    In process now.

Part-time Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at FMC Technologies in March 2014.

I went to one of school organization and meet the interviewing manger there. Applied later the week, have a phone call and interview the next week. got the offer three weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult or unexpected questions, very casual and relax, get to know you kind talk   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FMC Technologies.

I was interviewed by a headhunter, then the hiring manager and then met with the team I would be working with. It went by fast and with in a few days I was hired.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase lasted longer than the interview phase.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview had behavioral questions and a technical question. It was very comfortable and one on one. Everyone I met seemed genuinely excited to work for the company. One week or less after the interview I received an email with an offer. The interview process was for one day to visit the campus and I received a walk around followed by the one on one interview. Safety was a must while we toured the facility. I was always warned to check to make sure I read signs and followed safety protocol.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult or unexpected questions asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FMC Technologies in June 2013.

Usual interview process for bigger companies. First is the phone interview with HR, then face to face interview with two managers. Asked about past experience, why leaving your job, why choosing FMC. Asked technical question as well.

Interview Questions
    Very hard to negotiate. I lost 5 PTO days and some tuition assistance money.