FMC Technologies Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.8

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Informal meeting with the hiring manager was initiated, job was posted to the career page, Internal application via internal career site, interview meeting was set up by HR, then interview with the manager

Subsea Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Contacted by phone from contractor that worked in house as a recruiter for FMC. An application emailed filled out sent back. Called in for an interview three panel person. Went on tour of facility with about 50 others in various positions had lunch two days of learning history and some benefit information. Letter of Offer sent in email went through apprenticeship basically self guided until it was discovered groups formed armed with answers and only used half a day but paid for full day. Finally went through all required rotations in bay and one 2 week off site job. Went before review board to answer questions then assigned my temporary job returned after 8 months of rotation to permanent position and rotation but it was another training and acceptance in the right click to be assigned true permanent rotational job.

Interview Questions

• Did you locate the resources to get trough apprenticeship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Senior Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I had been working fro FMC Technologies as a temp thru Accountemps from 12/2011 till they made me a permanent employee 9/2//2014 and then the company downsized due to the oil economy and many were laid off. the manager of FMC Jeff Gallagher had actually requested I apply for the position and advised which position level I should apply for with my extensive experience.

Interview Questions

• If I was happy with the salary that I had been offered?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none I was told by Jeff what the position pay was , when he advised me to apply for the position!

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with accounting manager. Very professional. Straightforward, no-nonsense. All business. Talked about my current position. Nice building, spacious cubicles. Seemed an environment that nurtured people; but at same time very technical. Lots of flow charts on the white board.

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was split evenly between the description by the hiring manager of the tasks at and at my opportunity to ask questions about role ad and work at the company. I interviewed with two people: marketing lead for the business line and a sales manager who just returned to Houston after two years' in Dubai.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult. Unexpected; what do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

WCS Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I was recommended for an interview by an outside recruiter. The interview took place soon after being contacted. The interview covered past experience as well as a technical q&a. Interviewed with two FMC employees, a manager and a supervisor. I was recommended by a recruiter and only required one interview before receiving an offer. The hiring process is pretty standard and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Most technical questions involved stress analysis or strengths of materials type questions. None of the non-technical questions were meant to be very difficult to answer. For example: What is the main type of stress being exerted on this bolt.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a position with FMC Technologies in April 2014. Technically, I was interviewing for a contract position with GHG Corp, but it was understood I would be hired by FMC if things went well. I met the hiring manager in the lobby and went to his office where we talked for about 45 minutes. The interview was very informal. The manager was interested in how much I actually knew versus asking me canned interview question. After 45 minutes we left his office and I met all his employees in a conference room. They each asked me questions which was a little nerve-wracking but they were nice. I left feeling really good about the interview and optimistic I would get the offer. It took about a month to hear back and unfortunately, I did not get the offer. I was told there was a possibility the manager would hire another person later in the summer so I got my fingers crossed I hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any one particularly difficult question. But the manager did ask a lot of really detailed questions about my current job and how it would apply to the prospective job. You would not be able to B.S. your way through the interview if you weren't qualified!   Answer Question

Project Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Met recruiters at a career fair on my college campus where one interview took place. Contacted me for a 2nd interview a week later. Took about 3 weeks after the second interview for an offer. Just got the offer, so still not 100% sure on how the hiring or negotiation process will go.

Interview Questions

• Are you more detail oriented or more of a big picture person? Wasn't a necessarily difficult, I just wasn't sure which way I wanted to answer it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

In process now.

Part-time Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I went to one of school organization and meet the interviewing manger there. Applied later the week, have a phone call and interview the next week. got the offer three weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• no difficult or unexpected questions, very casual and relax, get to know you kind talk   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by a headhunter, then the hiring manager and then met with the team I would be working with. It went by fast and with in a few days I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase lasted longer than the interview phase.