FMC Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in April 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a position with FMC Technologies in April 2014. Technically, I was interviewing for a contract position with GHG Corp, but it was understood I would be hired by FMC if things went well. I met the hiring manager in the lobby and went to his office where we talked for about 45 minutes. The interview was very informal. The manager was interested in how much I actually knew versus asking me canned interview question. After 45 minutes we left his office and I met all his employees in a conference room. They each asked me questions which was a little nerve-wracking but they were nice. I left feeling really good about the interview and optimistic I would get the offer. It took about a month to hear back and unfortunately, I did not get the offer. I was told there was a possibility the manager would hire another person later in the summer so I got my fingers crossed I hear from them again.

Interview Question – I do not recall any one particularly difficult question. But the manager did ask a lot of really detailed questions about my current job and how it would apply to the prospective job. You would not be able to B.S. your way through the interview if you weren't qualified!   Answer Question

WCS Product Engineer II Interview

WCS Product Engineer II
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was recommended for an interview by an outside recruiter. The interview took place soon after being contacted. The interview covered past experience as well as a technical q&a. Interviewed with two FMC employees, a manager and a supervisor. I was recommended by a recruiter and only required one interview before receiving an offer. The hiring process is pretty standard and straightforward.

Interview Question – Most technical questions involved stress analysis or strengths of materials type questions. None of the non-technical questions were meant to be very difficult to answer. For example: What is the main type of stress being exerted on this bolt.   View Answer

Project Planner II Interview

Project Planner II
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FMC Technologies in April 2014.

Interview Details – Met recruiters at a career fair on my college campus where one interview took place. Contacted me for a 2nd interview a week later. Took about 3 weeks after the second interview for an offer. Just got the offer, so still not 100% sure on how the hiring or negotiation process will go.

Interview Question – Are you more detail oriented or more of a big picture person? Wasn't a necessarily difficult, I just wasn't sure which way I wanted to answer it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In process now.

Part-time Accounting Interview

Part-time Accounting
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at FMC Technologies in March 2014.

Interview Details – I went to one of school organization and meet the interviewing manger there. Applied later the week, have a phone call and interview the next week. got the offer three weeks after the interview.

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected questions, very casual and relax, get to know you kind talk   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Service Technician Interview

Service Technician
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FMC Technologies in February 2013.

Interview Details – Flew to Houston, spent the night in a fancy hotel. Took cab to the office, did the sit down, answered questions and got the job about 2 weeks later after H.R. found my lost paperwork.

Negotiation Details – they offered i accepted

Planner Interview

Planner
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a headhunter, then the hiring manager and then met with the team I would be working with. It went by fast and with in a few days I was hired.

Interview Question – No unusual questions or hard ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase lasted longer than the interview phase.

Program Administrator Interview

Program Administrator
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in April 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process took longer then I anticipated, but once on board everything was great. Very upbeat atmosphere, enjoyed the work environment, lucked out and had 2 fantastic managers! HPHT team very fun to work with as well as ProStaff/Atterro

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?". Does anyone REALLY know the answer to this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – simple, didn't have room to negotiate much but I was an admin

Planning Manager Interview

Planning Manager
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details – HR Screens candidates, but recommended externals can pass this initial future. Process is variable: hiring managers select between serial and panel interviews at will. The interview process will always very professional, but will definitely reflect the personality of the hiring manager. This is positive for the candidate.

Interview Question – "If you can only deliver one order today, how do prioritize?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A good offer that was practically non-negotiable. Surpisingly, they were willing to give a little on money, but utterly inflexible in terms of vacation.

Very Easy Interview

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in November 2011.

Interview Details – First Phone Call was with HR for screening purposes. Second phone call was with the hiring manager going over specific experience. Third interview was with other hiring managers with open positions.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was easy but slow. One phone interview and one face to face interview. Interview was about 2 - 3 hours. Questions were mostly from cost accounting perspective, system related and others.

Interview Question – Technical questions included SAP knowledge, strong excel and office   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FMC Technologies

Worked for FMC Technologies? Contribute to the Community!