FMC Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

Rotation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview

Met recruiters at university expo. They were great, and full of energy. Seemed to like me right away. I got an interview after applying online. Interview was on campus. Lasted about 30-45 minutes, with mostly behavioral questions. Had some engineering questions, nothing too technical. They mostly wanted to see how my thought process works.

Interview Questions

• Is the ocean a good heat sink?   1 Answer

Summer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview

Met Recruiter at College Fair, Set up appointment to review, but didn't get it. The recruiters didn't seem interested when I walked in, but I am not sure why they would have been mad but it did seem that way.

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Informal meeting with the hiring manager was initiated, job was posted to the career page, Internal application via internal career site, interview meeting was set up by HR, then interview with the manager

Subsea Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Contacted by phone from contractor that worked in house as a recruiter for FMC. An application emailed filled out sent back. Called in for an interview three panel person. Went on tour of facility with about 50 others in various positions had lunch two days of learning history and some benefit information. Letter of Offer sent in email went through apprenticeship basically self guided until it was discovered groups formed armed with answers and only used half a day but paid for full day. Finally went through all required rotations in bay and one 2 week off site job. Went before review board to answer questions then assigned my temporary job returned after 8 months of rotation to permanent position and rotation but it was another training and acceptance in the right click to be assigned true permanent rotational job.

Interview Questions

• Did you locate the resources to get trough apprenticeship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

Highly conversational interview. All questions based on your own interests and everything you listed on your resume. First interview was with the hiring manager, an employee from the department you will be working in, and a supply chain rotational employee. Second interview was with the manager of the department you will be working for. Both behavioral type questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FMC Technologies.

Interview

Interviewed by two Engineers, one asking typical behavior questions while the other handled the technical questions. Interview took about 45 minutes about 4 behavior questions and 5 technical questions.

Quality Engineer IV Interview

Interview

The interview took around 1 hour talking with 4 employees together, the talk focuses on my resume and the position, it was professional. I enjoyed the interview, I feel they were not in need to get someone in, they just want to interview some candidates and see if there somebody can bring them something new.

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with accounting manager. Very professional. Straightforward, no-nonsense. All business. Talked about my current position. Nice building, spacious cubicles. Seemed an environment that nurtured people; but at same time very technical. Lots of flow charts on the white board.

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at FMC Technologies (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was split evenly between the description by the hiring manager of the tasks at and at my opportunity to ask questions about role ad and work at the company. I interviewed with two people: marketing lead for the business line and a sales manager who just returned to Houston after two years' in Dubai.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult. Unexpected; what do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FMC Technologies (Erie, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted about available position after submitting a resume to a posting on a jobboard. I then had to go through a process where I logged into an online site, answered questions and the video was recorded. After interview the video answers were sent to FMC. I was then contacted for a face to face interview with the HR Manager and Payroll Specialist.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   Answer Question