FMC Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at FMC Technologies in August 2014.

Interviewed with accounting manager. Very professional. Straightforward, no-nonsense. All business. Talked about my current position. Nice building, spacious cubicles. Seemed an environment that nurtured people; but at same time very technical. Lots of flow charts on the white board.

Quality Engineer IV Interview

The interview took around 1 hour talking with 4 employees together, the talk focuses on my resume and the position, it was professional. I enjoyed the interview, I feel they were not in need to get someone in, they just want to interview some candidates and see if there somebody can bring them something new.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in July 2014.

Initially contacted about available position after submitting a resume to a posting on a jobboard. I then had to go through a process where I logged into an online site, answered questions and the video was recorded. After interview the video answers were sent to FMC. I was then contacted for a face to face interview with the HR Manager and Payroll Specialist.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in April 2014.

I interviewed for a position with FMC Technologies in April 2014. Technically, I was interviewing for a contract position with GHG Corp, but it was understood I would be hired by FMC if things went well. I met the hiring manager in the lobby and went to his office where we talked for about 45 minutes. The interview was very informal. The manager was interested in how much I actually knew versus asking me canned interview question. After 45 minutes we left his office and I met all his employees in a conference room. They each asked me questions which was a little nerve-wracking but they were nice. I left feeling really good about the interview and optimistic I would get the offer. It took about a month to hear back and unfortunately, I did not get the offer. I was told there was a possibility the manager would hire another person later in the summer so I got my fingers crossed I hear from them again.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any one particularly difficult question. But the manager did ask a lot of really detailed questions about my current job and how it would apply to the prospective job. You would not be able to B.S. your way through the interview if you weren't qualified!   Answer Question

WCS Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in May 2014.

I was recommended for an interview by an outside recruiter. The interview took place soon after being contacted. The interview covered past experience as well as a technical q&a. Interviewed with two FMC employees, a manager and a supervisor. I was recommended by a recruiter and only required one interview before receiving an offer. The hiring process is pretty standard and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Most technical questions involved stress analysis or strengths of materials type questions. None of the non-technical questions were meant to be very difficult to answer. For example: What is the main type of stress being exerted on this bolt.   View Answer

Project Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FMC Technologies in April 2014.

Met recruiters at a career fair on my college campus where one interview took place. Contacted me for a 2nd interview a week later. Took about 3 weeks after the second interview for an offer. Just got the offer, so still not 100% sure on how the hiring or negotiation process will go.

Interview Questions
    • Are you more detail oriented or more of a big picture person? Wasn't a necessarily difficult, I just wasn't sure which way I wanted to answer it.   View Answer
    In process now.

Part-time Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at FMC Technologies in March 2014.

I went to one of school organization and meet the interviewing manger there. Applied later the week, have a phone call and interview the next week. got the offer three weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult or unexpected questions, very casual and relax, get to know you kind talk   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FMC Technologies in February 2013.

Flew to Houston, spent the night in a fancy hotel. Took cab to the office, did the sit down, answered questions and got the job about 2 weeks later after H.R. found my lost paperwork.

they offered i accepted

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at FMC Technologies.

I was interviewed by a headhunter, then the hiring manager and then met with the team I would be working with. It went by fast and with in a few days I was hired.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase lasted longer than the interview phase.

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FMC Technologies in April 2012.

The hiring process took longer then I anticipated, but once on board everything was great. Very upbeat atmosphere, enjoyed the work environment, lucked out and had 2 fantastic managers! HPHT team very fun to work with as well as ProStaff/Atterro

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?". Does anyone REALLY know the answer to this?   View Answer
    simple, didn't have room to negotiate much but I was an admin

Worked for FMC Technologies? Contribute to the Community!