FOX Broadcasting Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

2.7

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FOX Broadcasting (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

it was a really long process. had to meet all potential supervisors and it was more of a group intervie but the people were great, great personalities no awkwardness. also had to meet the human resources department head before conducting other interviews. they also had me do three different tests for skills, grammar and typing

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FOX Broadcasting in March 2015.

Interview

They start with pre-recorded video interviews. Meaning the hiring manager has generic, non-personalized questions prerecorded and the candidates must film themselves answering the questions. Never spoke to live person. Never received a confirmation or feedback on interview. Hiring manager consistently had typos in her emails when I asked for feedback or a general timetable of hiring process. Very unprofessional. Extremely disappointed in a company as well-known as Fox...

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were not going to meet a deadline and how you handled this?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FOX Broadcasting.

Interview

Very inflexible. Surprisingly asked some personal questions that I felt were inappropriate and a tactic to make you think the interview was going well when in reality they knew you were not their candidate of choice.

Offline Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FOX Broadcasting.

Interview

You have to meet with several layers of people to be considered for this offline editor position. First- the technical side folks are great. Then, the creative people who do the hiring interviews in the open office area were nice but kind of condescending and slightly insecure. Great facility- its all new - you won't want to miss it.

Interview Questions

• do I know avid editing and writing   1 Answer

the hours are crazy over there. like-some people start at 4pm or 6pm and work late. not cool.

Spring Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FOX Broadcasting in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter online. My application was delivered to the market research department and I was scheduled an interview. The interview was not hard, nothing technical. The interviewer asked some questions about my experiences on my resume and introduced the position. I feel like they want to know what kind of person you are rather than expecting you to be knowledgeable of the tools or techniques they use.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: the interviewer told me that sometimes the intern gets bored after rush hours, and I kind of felt like the interviewer would want me to switch to another department.   Answer Question

Fox Apprenticeship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FOX Broadcasting (Syracuse, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

This was different than anything else I had ever applied for. It had a few stages. In order to apply, we were given a creative task to complete. This one was instructing us to do something creative with a triangle. Then we all had a pre-recorded interview. They used a cam service for this. They would play a video of a pre-recorded question, then record our answer. There were 3 questions, and they were all recorded. All communication was done through automated messaging. Every so often, they would reach out to tell you that you made it to the next round. It was a verye hands off process. This went on for a few rounds. When there were less than 50 people left, they finally had a second interiview. It was another webcam interivew, but this time it was with a real person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fox? They also walked through my resume.   1 Answer

Copy Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FOX Broadcasting.

Interview

Received a phone call, they wanted me to be in either the next day or the following week, only provided with two options with zero flexibility.

Stated that I needed to consult my schedule since this was a quick time frame and would reach back out within the day. After calling back after rearranging my schedule I was then told that they would no longer like to consider me for the position. Overall, a very unprofessional experience.

Fox Tax Interview

Interview

The process was a two-round interviewing process, first round was with the International team and then Cable team. they hire interns yearly and you don't get to choose which team you want to be part of. After your interviewing process, they will let you know which team you are placed in.

Production Assistant Interview

Interview

I had a friend that worked here, so he initially got me in the door. After that, I got a scheduled interview and it went really well. The atmosphere was laid back, but still very serious. I thought that their might be a lot of opportunity here, but I was wrong. The people there are happy there and they are not looking to give up their jobs. As with most competitive atmospheres, it sits up there with the best.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked many difficult questions, however it was a lot like playing golf with someone new.. You are going to spend a lot of time getting to know the person and them trying to get into your head.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an entry level position so the pay was pretty bare.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FOX Broadcasting (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was more informal than I would have thought. I interviewed at the Pittsburgh location though (keep that in mind) I met with 2 gentlemen and was asked to fill out an online application beforehand or I would not be granted access to the building for the interview. The online application was just a review of my previous employment and history.

Interview Questions

• They asked in my past sales experience how I had managed to get by the "gatekeepers" or receptionist screening calls. I was disappointed in myself that I didn't have a better answer prepared   1 Answer