FOX News Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.7

Associate Producer Interview

Interview

You have to fill out a current events test that asks specific questions about things that are going on. Local and national questions count, also be aware of local geography and major landmarks. There was also a writing test. I had to write two VOs and two VOSOTs and a tease for each of them.

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, mostly with staff from the show. The interviews involved news of the day topics, as well as technical things, like familiarity with iNews and email. It was an entry level job, so there were questions about why we want to work for the company, etc.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

Interview

Only had one phone interview - No face to face interview. Didn't get back to me about the position until I followed up via email. They had a decent program and placed you where they thought was best suited for your needs. Easy interview, usual questions about skills/likes/dislikes and experiences. Study the company beforehand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

The phone interview was pretty straight forward. It lasted about 15 minutes long, with questions ranging from my academic background to my professional career goals. The interview request came about two weeks after I initially applied. Personally, the interview felt a bit rushed and I didn't really feel any personal connection with the interviewer.

Programmer Interview

Interview

Straight Forward hiring process, fill out forms, speak to a hiring manager and then another one based on position. Quick informal test so you know what you are talking about received a decision in about a week.

Media Desk PA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

emailed a week after sent in application. Went to NYC for an interview. Brought me to HR first to ask questions about my background, what anchors I like and news headlines and then I had a separate interview with the Media Desk supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Gave a comprehensive written test on geography, politics, entertainment, technology and business.   1 Answer

Web Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

Interview

I received a 30 minute phone call based on a resume I submitted through through Fox's website. After that HR contacted me for an in person interview. After waiting in the lobby for an hour, I filled out some paperwork with HR, then interviewed with a VP and then had another interview with HR and a few days later received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a successful project you've produced. It was really general "get to know you" type questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FOX News (New York, NY).

Interview

Very detailed and long process- went through five different interviews. The process is very lengthy and competitive. You interview up the ladder as well meeting with coordinators to publicists to VP's of the company.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with crisis mainly within the breaking news atmosphere   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

Interview

I applied online for the internship and got an email back the next day that they were interested in interviewing me. A couple of days later I had the interview.

Digital Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FOX News (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted a resume and had one phone interview. Heard a week later about the position. Gave me time to think about the position before I accepted. All digital positions are in New York, no negotiations

Interview Questions

• Very simple interview - behavioral questions and asked how I would improve the Fox News website   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internships are unpaid! No negotiation