FOX News

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.8

Programmer Interview

Straight Forward hiring process, fill out forms, speak to a hiring manager and then another one based on position. Quick informal test so you know what you are talking about received a decision in about a week.

Media Desk PA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FOX News.

emailed a week after sent in application. Went to NYC for an interview. Brought me to HR first to ask questions about my background, what anchors I like and news headlines and then I had a separate interview with the Media Desk supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Gave a comprehensive written test on geography, politics, entertainment, technology and business.   View Answer

Web Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

I received a 30 minute phone call based on a resume I submitted through through Fox's website. After that HR contacted me for an in person interview. After waiting in the lobby for an hour, I filled out some paperwork with HR, then interviewed with a VP and then had another interview with HR and a few days later received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a successful project you've produced. It was really general "get to know you" type questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at FOX News.

Very detailed and long process- went through five different interviews. The process is very lengthy and competitive. You interview up the ladder as well meeting with coordinators to publicists to VP's of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Dealing with crisis mainly within the breaking news atmosphere   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

I applied online for the internship and got an email back the next day that they were interested in interviewing me. A couple of days later I had the interview.

Digital Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

Submitted a resume and had one phone interview. Heard a week later about the position. Gave me time to think about the position before I accepted. All digital positions are in New York, no negotiations

Interview Questions
    • Very simple interview - behavioral questions and asked how I would improve the Fox News website   View Answer
    Internships are unpaid! No negotiation

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FOX News.

Pretty routine. Met with HR, then manager of department. Got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    The offered, I countered and we came to an agreement somewhere in the middle

Video Editor/Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

I was contacted a few weeks after applying, and was contacted by a recruiter for Fox News. We set up an interview, and I met with the recruiter and then the department head. Everyone was very friendly and professional. We had our interview, was given a tour, and everything went smoothly. As the position required some writing, I was given an assignment which I completed on time. Unfortunately, I was not chosen for the position, as an internal candidate was hired. It took about a month to hear back. The experience was fine, even though I didn't get the job. I don't have any major complaints.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by the recruiter, "Which Fox News anchor do you feel is 'fair and balanced'?"   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Phone conversation, then in-person with HR. Typically you'll meet your potential futire boss right after for a detailed interview process

Interview Questions
    • seems simple, but: "What's your favorite news story of today?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FOX News in March 2014.

Submitted resume and cover letter on the company's website. Contacted one month later for an in-person interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Went over resume, extracurriculars, and past experience. Questioned about career ambitions, as well as interest and knowledge of the network. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. Summer program was explained. The Summer program is extremely competitive and I was encouraged to apply again in the Fall if I was not offered a position.