FOX News Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Asked me what my hobbies where and what I wanted out of the experience. I told them that I enjoyed sports and the news and then they asked me about my college courses and grades. Hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Fox?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FOX News (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole process took three months. Had 3 rounds of interviews. Very easy but long process due to everyone's busy schedule. Average interview questions. I would advise to know some names of on-air talent and why you want to work at fox news.

Interview Questions

• I was lucky and didn't have any really hard questions. Be yourself and know how you can positively contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

The process was from October to end March. I applied online for the college program in DC and New York. I had an on campus interview with a younger man because the woman who was in charge over scheduled interviews and needed help. Interview with him was very easy, said I clearly knew the company and we talked about my Media Literacy class. Interview ended and said since I was only a freshman I may be an alternate because they rarely take Freshman, but he liked me and if I didn't get it to apply again. Said I would hear back in a couple weeks or up until April. Then in December I was contacted for a phone interview with the woman who is in charge of all of it. She called earlier than she originally said and just asked if I was still interested in Fox and which location I would prefer. Said I would be given a yes or no by the end of January. On December 29th she emailed me paper work to fill out for the company to become an employee. Did not hear anything back for a couple of months after even when I reached out. At the end of march I was emailed I did not get it. I am not bitter, I will apply next year. They just have a big applicant pool and seems like they do not hire younger kids normally.

Interview Questions

• Favorite reporter, why fox, just any questions to see if you are familiar with the company.   Answer Question

Production Assistant, Media Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the production assistant position and in 2 weeks to the day I was sitting in the New York office for an interview. The HR woman emailed me asking me what my availability was and my time worked. At the interview I met with the HR woman who then passed me off to my future potential boss who showed me around the office and asked me some basic questions. They also gave me a quiz packet about current events.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a 24/7 newsroom?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX News (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Went on three interviews for PA in three different departments. The moment you sit down is the moment they decide if they will hire you or not. The interviews felt rushed. Also, you have to take a current events test so be prepared. One of the interviewers didn't even know the answers to some of the questions on the current evens test.

Associate Producer Interview

Interview

You have to fill out a current events test that asks specific questions about things that are going on. Local and national questions count, also be aware of local geography and major landmarks. There was also a writing test. I had to write two VOs and two VOSOTs and a tease for each of them.

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, mostly with staff from the show. The interviews involved news of the day topics, as well as technical things, like familiarity with iNews and email. It was an entry level job, so there were questions about why we want to work for the company, etc.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FOX News.

Interview

Only had one phone interview - No face to face interview. Didn't get back to me about the position until I followed up via email. They had a decent program and placed you where they thought was best suited for your needs. Easy interview, usual questions about skills/likes/dislikes and experiences. Study the company beforehand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FOX News.

Interview

The phone interview was pretty straight forward. It lasted about 15 minutes long, with questions ranging from my academic background to my professional career goals. The interview request came about two weeks after I initially applied. Personally, the interview felt a bit rushed and I didn't really feel any personal connection with the interviewer.

Programmer Interview

Interview

Straight Forward hiring process, fill out forms, speak to a hiring manager and then another one based on position. Quick informal test so you know what you are talking about received a decision in about a week.