FOX News

Getting the Interview

35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FOX News.

Interview Details – Pretty routine. Met with HR, then manager of department. Got an offer a few days later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Fox?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offered, I countered and we came to an agreement somewhere in the middle

Video Editor/Producer Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at FOX News.

Interview Details – I was contacted a few weeks after applying, and was contacted by a recruiter for Fox News. We set up an interview, and I met with the recruiter and then the department head. Everyone was very friendly and professional. We had our interview, was given a tour, and everything went smoothly. As the position required some writing, I was given an assignment which I completed on time. Unfortunately, I was not chosen for the position, as an internal candidate was hired. It took about a month to hear back. The experience was fine, even though I didn't get the job. I don't have any major complaints.

Interview Question – I was asked by the recruiter, "Which Fox News anchor do you feel is 'fair and balanced'?"   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Interviewed at FOX News

Interview Details – Phone conversation, then in-person with HR. Typically you'll meet your potential futire boss right after for a detailed interview process

Interview Question – seems simple, but: "What's your favorite news story of today?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FOX News in May 2013.

Interview Details – At a recruiting fair- prescheduled interview. Asked questions such about my resume, what I do in my spare time, what I know about the company, what shows by Fox do I watch and most obviously, why fox?

Interview Question – Why fox over other news channels?   Answer Question

Lead Product Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FOX News in January 2014.

Interview Details – Typical interviews with peers, manager, and manager's managers, plus one very bizarre ambush by the HR recruiter who had me to stop by to complete paperwork, but then conducted an interview. The interview and the subject matter wasn't unreasonable by any means, but being ambushed with it was. Negotiations were a little unpleasant (perhaps I'm biased since I didn't get what I asked for.

Interview Question – Which of our products do you like?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The people were great, the job would have been fun. But the money was truly terrible and I worry about the harm this brand would do to my CV.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FOX News in February 2014.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting online application, then contacted for a phone interview through campus recruiting as well.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite FOX News anchor?   Answer Question

Assignment Desk Assistant Interview

Assignment Desk Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at FOX News.

Interview Details – There were two interviews... but they will only ask you about how well you know the company.. and not much about the position you are applying for.

Interview Question – what do you think of the company...? (really?)   Answer Question

DC Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at FOX News.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by someone in HR a few weeks later. The interview was very standard. She asked about my previous experience and my favorite classes, in addition to my favorite Fox shows. She then called back a week later to offer me a position with Fox News Sunday in DC. It was a very fast/efficient process with no unnecessary waiting.

Interview Question – Where do you get your news? What's your favorite Fox show?   Answer Question

Web Producer Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FOX News in October 2010.

Interview Details – One initial phone interview, followed by in-person interview with HR and hiring manager. Follow-up call received days later, job offer within the week.

Interview Question – How do you identify with the 'goal' of the channel?   Answer Question

Freelance Production Assistant for Fox News Channel Interview

Freelance Production Assistant for Fox News Channel

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FOX News.

Interview Details – I secured an interview via employee referral. Within a week I came in to interview with the department manager and her supervisor. The entire process took approximately 2 weeks until I received an offer.

Interview Question – Would I be willing and flexible to work early morning shifts and receive short notice for shifts.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FOX News

Worked for FOX News? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FOX News interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by FOX News employees and interview candidates.