FOX Sports

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.0

Product Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports in September 2014.

I applied online through the Fox website. There were options to select which department you wanted to apply to like Fox Sports, Fox News, 20th Century Fox, etc. I was contacted about 6 weeks after I applied to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, he asked about things I put down on my resume and the only question that was more job-specific was if I followed sports.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FOX Sports.

It was very easy. I knew someone already working there who passed on my information to the Producer. I went into the office, talked with him for about 30 minutes, and received the job via email the next day. No difficult questions, pretty straight-forward. As long as you can convince that you're passionate about sports, the job should be yours. The best time to apply is before the college football season when they need employees to watch those games on Saturday. So be aware: you'll have to work every Saturday if you're a new hire. But who wouldn't want to be there on Saturdays surrounded by every possible game happening that day. So much fun!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to say no to someone above you.   Answer Question

Ingest/PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at FOX Sports.

Initial contact made through e-mail. There was one interview in person. The interview process was not stressful, the Director of Media is straightforward. There was a simple review of my qualifications, and a brief overview of the position.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports in April 2014.

A friend at FOX Sports referred me for the position, sent my resume around, etc. I applied online, and sixteen days later was contacted for a 30/45 min. phone interview with a few engineers, scheduled for two days later. Was contacted with a final decision two days after the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some general programming questions: "Why use virtual constructors?", "What is polymorphism?", "Describe Bubble Sort", "Describe your development process". Was asked about how much network programming I had done and how to set up a client/server (this was related to the work I would be doing during the internship).   Answer Question

Had a competing offer working on embedded systems where the work was more exciting.

Music Licensing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports.

Interview was 1 phone call to get a quick idea of what I have to offer, and 1 short on-site interview (20 or so) minutes. Questions were position related (cue sheets, detail oriented, experience in music/legal) and didn't really have any curve balls. Be well dressed, very respectful, and excited about the position and you're set.

No negotiation accepted.

Video Editor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports.

Regular stuff. Nothing extraordinary. They oversell the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just have thick skin. They try to gloat about how eminent their employees are but it's all a ruse.   View Answer
    Well they said it was union so the rate was fixed but then they mislead me with the wrong union paperwork.

Coordinating Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FOX Sports in August 2013.

I was flown out to LA and met with Executive Producer Fox Sports Live, Executive Vice-President of Fox Sports and toured the facility. Also met with a variety of executives and walked through the new studios. We spent time going over the format of the show and how various talent would be integrated. There were auditions taking place and I weighed in on various on-air talent. I had worked with the EVP in Charlotte, NC so he knew of my abilities and wanted me to help launch the new show on Fox Sports 1.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the most difficult part of that job is the aspect of breaking news and how to handle it. Most people have not been faced with hard news in the sports business but years of experience handling trauma and other rare news events help shape your ability to handle it.   Answer Question

The money offered was good, 210,000.00 with relocation and plenty of bonus availabilities but my focus was on University production and helping out schools improve their programs.

Master Control Operator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FOX Sports.

Pretty straight forward interview. Be yourself and show a strong passion for the job. And ASK QUESTIONS. If you show a curiosity and a basic understanding things will look good for you. The amount of equipment and consoles you see can be intimidating but they do train you for about 3 months before you are turned loose. So soak it in and things will work out. You will go through a course of atleast 2 interviews. The first being with HR, and if that goes well then with upper management. Smile, dress nice (business), and express emotion and you should be well on your way.

Interview Questions
    • The one question people always seem to talk about being stumped on, is "where do you see yourself with Fox in the next 5/10 years?". It's a tricky question because some people will say that they see themselves doing something that doesn't even have anything to do with the company. Stay in the ballpark, and have a formulated answer already outlined in your mind. Otherwise, that could flounder your interview.   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports in November 2012.

The application and interview process was a breeze. I submitted my application/resume through the network's HR portal and had an interview lined up within a week. The hiring manager was friendly and professional and even followed up with me after the interview.
    The interview was with two department heads and was very informal, which was expected since it was a creative position. It seemed they were less concerned with my skills (which were evident on my portfolio) and more interested in my personality.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a specific question that was difficult or unexpected. However, the general line of questioning was focused more on me as a person rather than my skills. Just know yourself beforehand and be read to talk about you as a person.   Answer Question

Camera Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FOX Sports in May 2010.

Interview process was one day face to face with an initial phone interview