FOX Sports Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.2

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports.

Interview

Initially contacted by the supervisor for a brief phone screening where she described more about the position and what they are looking for in a candidate. At the end of the call a follow up in-person interview was scheduled for the next week. Here I was asked typical interview questions and asked the extent of my sports knowledge/knowledge of the company. The supervisor went into more detail about the position, too.

Interview Questions

• What are you top 5 skills you can bring to this position?   Answer Question

MCO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports (Houston, TX).

Interview

They just check to see if you're bright enough to keep pace really. It's counterintuitive really because forest gump would make the best MCO but they act like they're looking for former fighter pilots.

Interview Questions

• They're gonna want to get a feel for if the repetition and monotony are gonna put you to sleep and get you fired.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I meet at a Starbucks to go over informally the job qualifications and what the job would entail. I heard back within a week that they wanted me to have a second interview. During the second Interview the guy specifically said he would let me know either way, with it being a yes or a no. It has been about a month and still have not heard from them. I have called and emailed weekly to follow-up but no response. I was very upset that they did not even have the decency to respond to my emails and let me know, instead of keeping me hanging. Very unprofessional.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FOX Sports.

Interview

Applied and got an email 2-3 weeks later. Went into the FSD offices for the interview, which lasted about half an hour. Along with the interview, you had the opportunity to go on a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• It was all very straightforward. They asked your about your work/school history, told you more about the position and asked how well you would fit in.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from recruiter. Did an financial modeling test at home and got call in for in-person interviews, which started with the hiring managers and followed by other team members at higher positions.

Product Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the Fox website. There were options to select which department you wanted to apply to like Fox Sports, Fox News, 20th Century Fox, etc. I was contacted about 6 weeks after I applied to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, he asked about things I put down on my resume and the only question that was more job-specific was if I followed sports.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FOX Sports (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was very easy. I knew someone already working there who passed on my information to the Producer. I went into the office, talked with him for about 30 minutes, and received the job via email the next day. No difficult questions, pretty straight-forward. As long as you can convince that you're passionate about sports, the job should be yours. The best time to apply is before the college football season when they need employees to watch those games on Saturday. So be aware: you'll have to work every Saturday if you're a new hire. But who wouldn't want to be there on Saturdays surrounded by every possible game happening that day. So much fun!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to say no to someone above you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Advertising Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was called for an interview within a week. I arrived for an interview and had been seated in a waiting area in the office. I was offered water and then placed in a large conference room. In the conference room, I waited another 15 minutes and then I was introduced to the national sales manager and a national sales coordinator. The interview lasted about an hour. The questions were mostly in regards to what I knew about the company, why I was interested in an internship, etc.

Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FOX Sports (The Woodlands, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Good Cop / Bad Cop. Two managers one asking easy experience based questions and the other asking ethics based. I felt very neutral heading out of the interview, but I saw what the other candidates looked like when I was heading out and felt by there age their experience would be similar.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you made a mistake, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Ingest/PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at FOX Sports (Irving, TX).

Interview

Initial contact made through e-mail. There was one interview in person. The interview process was not stressful, the Director of Media is straightforward. There was a simple review of my qualifications, and a brief overview of the position.