FOX Sports Video Editor Interview Questions

1.3

Video Editor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports.

Regular stuff. Nothing extraordinary. They oversell the job.

Interview Questions
  • Just have thick skin. They try to gloat about how eminent their employees are but it's all a ruse.   View Answer
Well they said it was union so the rate was fixed but then they mislead me with the wrong union paperwork.

Other Interview Reviews for FOX Sports

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FOX Sports in November 2012.

The application and interview process was a breeze. I submitted my application/resume through the network's HR portal and had an interview lined up within a week. The hiring manager was friendly and professional and even followed up with me after the interview.
    The interview was with two department heads and was very informal, which was expected since it was a creative position. It seemed they were less concerned with my skills (which were evident on my portfolio) and more interested in my personality.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a specific question that was difficult or unexpected. However, the general line of questioning was focused more on me as a person rather than my skills. Just know yourself beforehand and be read to talk about you as a person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at FOX Sports in February 2009.

It was just an interview with the manager, he asked questions and determined if I was eligible for the job. My experience showed that I was so that was that. Very easy.

Working there is another story. The only way to survive is to put up with people's b.s. and bite your tongue, you'll be blamed for things that aren't your fault, you'll be given lousy schedules, you'll be treated like a 2nd class citizen unless you suck up to the right people.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They asked about tape formats and black level, things that any beginning editor worth his salt would know.   View Answer
    No negotiation, it is a union job (NABET).
    If you love sports this is a pretty good place to work but make sure you suck up to the highlight supervisors or you won't get as many days/ hours as their buddies do. This sucking up includes going out for drinks with them and playing poker with them etc. Don't ever talk about anything other than sports because they don't know nor care about anything other than sports.