FTD

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

1.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTD in January 2015.

Was contacted for an interview almost immediately, went in for testing and drug screening. The whole thing took me like 1 1/2 hours. They advertise it as seasonal, but really its a TEMP position. it's not for 2 or 3 months, it's just for around Valentines and Mothers day and whenever else they need you. You MIGHT be offered to become permanent, and you MIGHT be offered to come back later. Hours are either crazy early or crazy late (work until midnight, really??????) $11/hour, no benefits, work a few weeks at a time, and then nothing? they should really say its Temp, not seasonal.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because the positions is seasonal for only a few weeks at a time, and maybe they call you back for a few more weeks. Make sure you ask if this is a regular positions, or only temp/seasonal.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTD.

Initially, I applied to the position through an online job portal. About a week later I received a phone call from the recruiter for an initial phone screening. It was relatively simply, with relaxed questions such as "where are you living" "Tell me bout your background" "do you have any experience in this related field?"

Interview Questions
    • There where not many difficult questions. If you are an outgoing person and your background matches what they are looking for, then th a interview is more of them testing you out to understand your personality   Answer Question

Member Solutions Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FTD.

My interview was like meeting a new friend. The woman did not ask me much about my previous positions.

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTD in January 2014.

A group of about 20 individuals shows up at the Downers Grove headquarters for a group screening session. Each person has to fill out a 4-page application that requires information on previous employers. At the end of the application completion process, you are given spelling test, a grammar test and a data entry test. You then fill out some personal information that allows FTD to run a background check on you. If you successfully pass these tests, you go to a conference room where an HR person tells 5-6 of the newbies about the job. You also perform a cheek swab drug test that is submitted at the end of the meeting. NOTE: THERE IS NO INTERVIEW. JUST SKILLS TESTING. I started training 2 days after the "interview."

Interview Questions
    • No interview = no surprising questions.   View Answer
    There are no negotiation for seasonal jobs. The job pays 11.00 per hour and you get to work overtime during busy periods.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTD in April 2013.

laughable at best.... As long as you could pass their tests ( I was allowed to take the spelling test 4x'x and am sure if I did not pass I would be able to take it a 5th time), as long as you passed the background and drug test... you were hired. They wanted warm bodies for the mothers day rush... nothing more , nothing less.

contracted position... only thing in question is do you want to work 8-4:30 (train 6:30-3) or work 3:30 to 12. Other than that salary was set, .... no negotiations... this is the job take it or leave it.

Help Desk Analyst Or Technical Support Or Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTD in January 2012.

This interview experience was the worse I have ever been. The HR Manager was not even dressed for the so called interview (was not even an interview). HR Manager just stated to me, irrelevant things not pertaining to the interview and went to get 3 technical guys, as he called them. Yeah Right.

I was interviewed by 3 tech guys (so they called themselves). They did not know what they were talking about in terms of technical skills required for the job. One guy was asking me questions and reading from the sheet the whole time. He was not even looking at me.

Also, when I applied for this job, the recruiter had it posted as Help Desk Analyst and when I get to the interview, they said it was not a Help Desk Analyst position but a Technical Support Rep role. 2 Different things. I was fully aware that the support would be for the end users!!!!!!

After the interview, the HR Manager wanted clarification that I understood the position to be a Technical Support Rep position and I clarified this 150% with them and he was satisfied with that.

Recruiter came back to me and stated that the HR Manager was going to "pass" on me and that I was lite in experience. No, I have more then enough experience. Also they stated that that the company got the impression that I was looking for a help desk role. I clarified with them I don't know how many times that I was fully aware that this role was a technical support role!

Anyway, as of this day....they are still looking to fill the position. LOL

Interview Questions
    • Where do you locate the configuration settings to add a printer to the network?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTD in November 2011.

Very easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Truly. Very easy interview. Be prepared for on the spot drug test. For some people, this is an issue.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. It is $11 an hour and that's it.

Field Business Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTD in May 2011.

Easy interview process. Phone interview with Regional Vice President. Face to Face interview with Regional Vice President. Phone interview with Regional Vice President from another area

Interview Questions
    • Dont really remember any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question
    Negotiate for salary at the beginning. This position does not typically receive pay increases. Commission program is set up so that most every rep makes the same amount of money no matter how well or how poorly they perform

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at FTD in December 2009.

There is a phone interview or two first. The first one was great, with the person, (an Administrative Assistant), asking questions, and being generally helpful as far as answering questions. The next interview was with an Operations Manager I believe. This one was...odd. This seemed to be one of those old fashioned companies that was experiencing an ever decreasing revenue, but decided to continue to hire, and do business in the same fashion. The manager was remarkably arrogant, and I was 'warned' about her from several people in the company. It seemed that she was looking for someone who would not have any input about the position or the people, but who would do as they were told...constantly. Why hire someone then? Just do it yourself.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. There was only a couple of odd statements from the manager such as: "I like it when people hold the door open for me."   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTD in January 2008.

I filed an application and was immediately called in to perform a typing test, and went through a basic interview (they were hiring for holiday help at the time) and was hired right there.

No Negotiation, I was hired for holiday help and was notified what the pay was.