FTI Consulting

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – 1st round interview- on campus- mostly just go through your resume questions. asked about analytical skills, what coursework could help me with the job, what sort of outside experiences. asked about specific points on my resume.

Interview Question – There was nothing that difficult in the first round.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Pass/Fail exhaustive data management test - including converting 3 flat files with millions of lines of data into trended financial statements for a healthcare system.

Interview Question – Pass/Fail exhaustive data management test - including converting 3 flat files with millions of lines of data into trended financial statements for a healthcare system.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was eager to make the move, and I accepted the initial offer.

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received interview through employee referral. Interview was 1:1 in the campus recruiting center. Mainly consisted of going through resume/CV. Not a whole lot of questions, mainly about fit/feel, career goals, etc. Was not offered, probably because I was hesitant to express my love for auditing when he asked (accounting major).

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for FTI?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in August 2008.

Interview Details – I met with 2 other analyst and 3 senior staff members. Interview consists of a case study to test your qualitative and quantitative skills

Interview Question – Common questions were asked.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – Cv and covering letter application followed by an online maths test which wasn't too hard. Then invited to an assessment day with a very difficult non calculator maths test, verbal reasoning test and writing test along with a group task.

Final stage is 3 1 to 1 interviews and an excel case study assessing the loss to a business from the breach of contract by another. Interviews were 1 CV, 1 based on the case study and 1 with a Senior MD where they can cover anything they like.

Interview Question – Maths test is very hard, prepare with GMAT style questions   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – Mine was two round. First round is quantitative test, verbal reasoning test, summarizing an article and a group interview. The group interview question was about implementing a lottery in a new country and included a presentation

Interview Question – Just look online and you can find most of the interview questions already posted somewhere. They seem to create everything in house and they don't update them.   Answer Question

Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview
two 1:1 interviews with a consultant and a managing director
1 task to complete (financial data analysis, excel, etc)

Interview Question – How would you value a firm?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – Several behavioral questions, like why you choose this grad schoo, how did you handle a difficult situation. The interviewer was very nice and had very relax conversation. But then she gave me a printed out spreadsheet to analyze the aggregate profits and followed up many accounting detailed questions.. Didn't expect that :(

Interview Question – What is the aggregate profits of this company?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.