FTI Consulting

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

General interview with a case.

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

3 one on one interview with a technical section for one interview

Interview Questions
    • If the earths polar ice caps were melting how would you calculate if you could still commute to work in NYC or you had to take a boat   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

general interview questions, behavioral questions, technical case question: how would you advise an ice-cream company that is dealing with a new competitor? Energy sector specific question.

Interview Questions
    • What factors would you take into consideration when deciding whether or not to open an ice-cream shop in your hometown   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Very nice interview process. Two nights of drinks with the staff. The interview is 6 hours long with a case study, presentation, and 6 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

I interviewed for FTI through campus recruiting. I submitted a resume through career services (no cover letter) and was contacted to do a first round on campus interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes and was behavioral. After about a week and a half I was contacted for a final round interview at their office. This was comprised of 3 45 minute behavioral interviews. Each interview had one senior level and one junior level employee.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top challenges facing the healthcare industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2008.

1 on campus interview and 6 behavioral interviews at office.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

On campus interview, very friendly, mostly behavioral for the first round, few basic finance questions (3 financial statements). Final rounds were mostly behavioral and one case interview. The case interview dealt with a finance related problem in my interview but that wont always be the case. Make sure you know why you want to go into financial consulting.

Interview Questions
    • You should know basic finance (Valuation, Financial Statements)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Was originally contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the recruiter at FTI. Had the normal phone screen with the recruiter and then had another phone screen with a manager. Both were relatively straight forward and easy. I was then invited to the Chicago office where I met with two Directors. Both interviews went well. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said the Director's really liked me, so she asked if she could contact my references as that was the last step before they give the official offer. After contacting my references, she extended me a verbal offer! She said she would send over the official (paper) offer the next day; however, I never heard from her. A few days later, I called the recruiter and she said they didn't have a project to staff me on that time, so they were going to wait a month before officially signing me. Never heard from her. A few months later, they ended up contacting a friend of mine for the exact same role. Not sure if they ever intended to give me a real offer, but if they didn't and they were merely stringing me along, they should have never asked to speak to my references as some of them were my coworkers. Also, don't make someone go through the whole process of leaving work and taking time off if you don't even have the capacity to hire them.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you exceeded your superior's expectations.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Both phone and in person interviews. This was not an adversarial process, they were friendly and wanted to make sure they hired the right people.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked in stressful situations.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.