FTI Consulting

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview Details – General interview with a case.

Interview Questions

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Interview Details – 3 one on one interview with a technical section for one interview

Interview Question – If the earths polar ice caps were melting how would you calculate if you could still commute to work in NYC or you had to take a boat   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – general interview questions, behavioral questions, technical case question: how would you advise an ice-cream company that is dealing with a new competitor? Energy sector specific question.

Interview Question – What factors would you take into consideration when deciding whether or not to open an ice-cream shop in your hometown   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice interview process. Two nights of drinks with the staff. The interview is 6 hours long with a case study, presentation, and 6 interviews.

Interview Question – Why you?   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Question – The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – I interviewed for FTI through campus recruiting. I submitted a resume through career services (no cover letter) and was contacted to do a first round on campus interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes and was behavioral. After about a week and a half I was contacted for a final round interview at their office. This was comprised of 3 45 minute behavioral interviews. Each interview had one senior level and one junior level employee.

Interview Question – What are the top challenges facing the healthcare industry?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Interview Question – normal questions   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through the online portal, I then got called by an HR to schedule an onsite interview,
The first round was conducted by two managing directors, it was pretty easy going through CV,
career aspirations, knowledge of e-discovery
The second round was pretty much an extended version of the first one, nothing
to worry about.

Interview Question – Tell me how your friends would describe you in a bar   Answer Question

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1st Round prenight. The interview was just a fit interview with questions on resume and consulting. Lots of time for questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do this specific type of consulting?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview Details – First round was one on one with HR. Plus a writing test....
Everything was easy. Just a standard "tell me about yourself" type of question and why us type... fairly standard.
the essay portion was to write about anything in about 10 minutes. so I just wrote about a pretty standard SAT/GMAT type essay.

Second round with about four people at the division. Nothing special. No trick question.

Interview Question – Why FTI?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting Consultant interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.