FTI Consulting

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details – First round behavioral on campus - 45 min w/ basic questions that were to be expected. General conversation about my background and the core of the business.

Second round in office - 3 1 hr interviews. Asked basic questions, opportunity to ask interviewers many questions.

The entire process felt very fit based.

Interview Question – How would you evaluate the debt of a company?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interviews. At the second there are 4 rounds of 1 on 1 interviews with the managing directors. Very cool people not a high stress environment. However, there is a skills evaluation portion which tests financial/accounting knowledge and computer skills.

Interview Question – What is a p-value?   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Interview Details – Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not right role

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was primarily behavioral. I met with a Managing Director and a Senior Managing Director. Most of the questions were related to my background and my future goals.

Interview Question – Most students work in industry first. Why do you want to go directly into consulting?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in August 2011.

Interview Details – The senior consultant interviewed me. His phone was breaking out. I did not get him very clearly. He sounds nice. There wasn't much professional or difficult questions. He kept telling his own stories. I don't think they need people urgently.

Interview Question – What did you do at your last internship   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was called into the office to conduct 4 1:1 interviews that each took 30 minutes each. I was asked simple questions about my background, resume, and experiences. I was also given a couple brain teaser questions to test my analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you finance internship? What did you do/learn during this experience?   Answer Question
  • How many gallons of water are there in the great lakes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Question – None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Question – They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Interview Question – normal questions   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through the online portal, I then got called by an HR to schedule an onsite interview,
The first round was conducted by two managing directors, it was pretty easy going through CV,
career aspirations, knowledge of e-discovery
The second round was pretty much an extended version of the first one, nothing
to worry about.

Interview Question – Tell me how your friends would describe you in a bar   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting Consultant interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.