FTI Consulting

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

First round behavioral on campus - 45 min w/ basic questions that were to be expected. General conversation about my background and the core of the business.

Second round in office - 3 1 hr interviews. Asked basic questions, opportunity to ask interviewers many questions.

The entire process felt very fit based.

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

There are two rounds of interviews. At the second there are 4 rounds of 1 on 1 interviews with the managing directors. Very cool people not a high stress environment. However, there is a skills evaluation portion which tests financial/accounting knowledge and computer skills.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2013.

Phone call from in-house recruiter. I got an email and then they followed up with a call. I had applied online through their website. The recruiter was doing the typical phone screen to see if I basically had a pulse and could communicate. They were pleasant and I got the feeling they were doing a bunch of these in a row so it was pretty mechanical.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly about my resume, ideal type of job, and salary. It was a phone screen so they were trying to see if I should come in for an interview. It was the basic questions that they could just get off my resume.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question
    They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Learned of the position through TAMU Engineering Career. Applied online and received an email after a couple weeks to schedule an on-campus interview. I was unable to attend in person, but they allowed me to participate in a 20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to work through a problem.   View Answer

They offered to fly me to Houston for a second interview, but I decided it was better for me to pursue an opportunity that was "real" engineering, where I would actually put my degree to work for a bit. It didn't sound like a bad gig at all down the line though, no technical number crunching, more analytical thinking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2012.

I was called into the office to conduct 4 1:1 interviews that each took 30 minutes each. I was asked simple questions about my background, resume, and experiences. I was also given a couple brain teaser questions to test my analytical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about you finance internship? What did you do/learn during this experience?   Answer Question
    • How many gallons of water are there in the great lakes?   View Answer
    N/A

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Questions
    • None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Not right role

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2009.

The interview was primarily behavioral. I met with a Managing Director and a Senior Managing Director. Most of the questions were related to my background and my future goals.

Interview Questions
    • Most students work in industry first. Why do you want to go directly into consulting?   Answer Question