FTI Consulting

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details – First round behavioral on campus - 45 min w/ basic questions that were to be expected. General conversation about my background and the core of the business.

Second round in office - 3 1 hr interviews. Asked basic questions, opportunity to ask interviewers many questions.

The entire process felt very fit based.

Interview Question – How would you evaluate the debt of a company?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interviews. At the second there are 4 rounds of 1 on 1 interviews with the managing directors. Very cool people not a high stress environment. However, there is a skills evaluation portion which tests financial/accounting knowledge and computer skills.

Interview Question – What is a p-value?   View Answer

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in August 2011.

Interview Details – The senior consultant interviewed me. His phone was breaking out. I did not get him very clearly. He sounds nice. There wasn't much professional or difficult questions. He kept telling his own stories. I don't think they need people urgently.

Interview Question – What did you do at your last internship   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was called into the office to conduct 4 1:1 interviews that each took 30 minutes each. I was asked simple questions about my background, resume, and experiences. I was also given a couple brain teaser questions to test my analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you finance internship? What did you do/learn during this experience?   Answer Question
  • How many gallons of water are there in the great lakes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Question – None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was primarily behavioral. I met with a Managing Director and a Senior Managing Director. Most of the questions were related to my background and my future goals.

Interview Question – Most students work in industry first. Why do you want to go directly into consulting?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Interview Details – Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not right role

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2008.

Interview Details – 1 on campus interview and 6 behavioral interviews at office.

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Was originally contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the recruiter at FTI. Had the normal phone screen with the recruiter and then had another phone screen with a manager. Both were relatively straight forward and easy. I was then invited to the Chicago office where I met with two Directors. Both interviews went well. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said the Director's really liked me, so she asked if she could contact my references as that was the last step before they give the official offer. After contacting my references, she extended me a verbal offer! She said she would send over the official (paper) offer the next day; however, I never heard from her. A few days later, I called the recruiter and she said they didn't have a project to staff me on that time, so they were going to wait a month before officially signing me. Never heard from her. A few months later, they ended up contacting a friend of mine for the exact same role. Not sure if they ever intended to give me a real offer, but if they didn't and they were merely stringing me along, they should have never asked to speak to my references as some of them were my coworkers. Also, don't make someone go through the whole process of leaving work and taking time off if you don't even have the capacity to hire them.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation where you exceeded your superior's expectations.   Answer Question

Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Question – There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting Consultant interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.