FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2013.

Phone call from in-house recruiter. I got an email and then they followed up with a call. I had applied online through their website. The recruiter was doing the typical phone screen to see if I basically had a pulse and could communicate. They were pleasant and I got the feeling they were doing a bunch of these in a row so it was pretty mechanical.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly about my resume, ideal type of job, and salary. It was a phone screen so they were trying to see if I should come in for an interview. It was the basic questions that they could just get off my resume.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2013.

I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Questions
    • There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2012.

I was called into the office to conduct 4 1:1 interviews that each took 30 minutes each. I was asked simple questions about my background, resume, and experiences. I was also given a couple brain teaser questions to test my analytical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about you finance internship? What did you do/learn during this experience?   Answer Question
    • How many gallons of water are there in the great lakes?   View Answer
    N/A

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

general interview questions, behavioral questions, technical case question: how would you advise an ice-cream company that is dealing with a new competitor? Energy sector specific question.

Interview Questions
    • What factors would you take into consideration when deciding whether or not to open an ice-cream shop in your hometown   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Very nice interview process. Two nights of drinks with the staff. The interview is 6 hours long with a case study, presentation, and 6 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Campus resume drop. On-campus interview (30 minutes). In-office Super Day (4 hours).

The process was fairly efficient except for the happenings after the Super Day - it took 2 weeks for FTI to extend an offer.

I would suggest attending their events to get your face out their. The on-campus interview is focused on your past experience, and the in-house interview is more forward-looking in terms of evaluating your fit at FTI.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in consulting and not quantitative finance?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2011.

One on one campus interview with managing director. Very nice guy who did most of the talking. Wasn't sure if he was looking for me to take control of the interview. Interview seemed a little casual as we discussed things like travel and cultures and economics. He spent some time describing how selective they were. He asked me what I knew about the position, my background, and why I waited so long to apply.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

The interviewer was a senior consultant. The interview was 45 minutes long and had to do a case analysis. We spend about 5 minutes talking about the resume and why i want to work for the company. The rest of time was devoted to the case analysis.

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about FTI consulting and why do you want to work for FTI consulting   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

First round was one on one with HR. Plus a writing test....
    Everything was easy. Just a standard "tell me about yourself" type of question and why us type... fairly standard.
    the essay portion was to write about anything in about 10 minutes. so I just wrote about a pretty standard SAT/GMAT type essay.

Second round with about four people at the division. Nothing special. No trick question.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2009.

The interview was primarily behavioral. I met with a Managing Director and a Senior Managing Director. Most of the questions were related to my background and my future goals.

Interview Questions
    • Most students work in industry first. Why do you want to go directly into consulting?   Answer Question