FTI Consulting

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2014.

Came across the job posting via my university's recruiting website. Applied online and was emailed back about a week later regarding an on campus interview. Interviewed with 2 recruiters at the same time. Both seemed like very friendly and intelligent people.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2012.

Consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Almost all behavioral questions. Not too hard.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2015.

On-Campus recruiting, resume Drop with Cover Letter, on campus interviews within two weeks. The interview was with a recruiting manager from the New York office for the Corporate Finance/Restructuring summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • It was an overall awkward experience. I am an Economics major and the recruiter began the interviewer asking what other internships that I was applying for. I think they were only interested in Accounting majors   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Met them at a career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview taking place a week later. After that it was about three or four weeks before they made their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to solve a problem on the white board, asked other questions about projects I worked on and how I went about them   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2012.

Applied for summer internship through campus career center. Was selected for first round (1:1 interview with senior analyst). Asked about courses (econometrics specifically) and asked for details about projects, and some specific questions about regressions. Rest of the interview was behavioral questions. Interviewer was not that personable, and did not feel like I connected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience where you had to work with someone who was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2009.

It was a general fit interview. There were two representatives in the room, where one took notes and the other asked questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard or difficult questions. The interview consisted of just standard fit type questions about past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2008.

Had an initial interview on campus and then a superday at their office. On the superday, I interviewed with 4 different people at different hierarchical levels. Everyone was very nice. No accounting or technical questions. Mostly behavioral and fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2010.

A current analyst from FTI who is an alum of my college came to campus and did one on one interviews. Was nice and relaxed. He mostly asked me about my resume and didn't do any cases or really asked any hard questions at all. He called and offered me a job the next day.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2008.

Recruited on-campus; first round interview based on fit and minimal technical questions. Second round consisted of three interviews - two of which were focused on fit and one of which was focused on technical skills. Company places a premium on fit since so much work is based on deal teams and interacting with clients and referral sources.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to value a company with negative equity   View Answer
    Was not able to negotiate