FTI Consulting

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Easy Interview

Cape Town (South Africa)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Though they were not actively recruiting at the time, I sent through my CV and a cover letter and then followed up with a phone call. They admired my tenacity and asked me to come through for an interview. The process just involved an informal conversation with the HR management where I was asked what I understood about the company and my experience.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions because they all involved fit questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview Details – Only one fit interview - no cases or technicals. Talked about my previous internships and my accomplishments at school. Very informal and unstructured - much of it was actually informational about FTI. Just be sure to appear articulate and show a logical thought process when talking through your fit questions.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most useful trait as an intern?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2008.

Interview Details – Recruited on-campus; first round interview based on fit and minimal technical questions. Second round consisted of three interviews - two of which were focused on fit and one of which was focused on technical skills. Company places a premium on fit since so much work is based on deal teams and interacting with clients and referral sources.

Interview Question – Explain how to value a company with negative equity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2009.

Interview Details – It was a general fit interview. There were two representatives in the room, where one took notes and the other asked questions.

Interview Question – There were no hard or difficult questions. The interview consisted of just standard fit type questions about past experiences.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for summer internship through campus career center. Was selected for first round (1:1 interview with senior analyst). Asked about courses (econometrics specifically) and asked for details about projects, and some specific questions about regressions. Rest of the interview was behavioral questions. Interviewer was not that personable, and did not feel like I connected.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience where you had to work with someone who was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Writing sample and three back-to-back interviews. Everyone was extremely nice, so the interviews weren't too bad.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Almost all behavioral questions. Not too hard.

Interview Question – Why did you chose your major?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2008.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview on campus and then a superday at their office. On the superday, I interviewed with 4 different people at different hierarchical levels. Everyone was very nice. No accounting or technical questions. Mostly behavioral and fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2010.

Interview Details – A current analyst from FTI who is an alum of my college came to campus and did one on one interviews. Was nice and relaxed. He mostly asked me about my resume and didn't do any cases or really asked any hard questions at all. He called and offered me a job the next day.

Interview Question – What statistical software have you used?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting Intern interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.