FTI Consulting

Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2014.

Came across the job posting via my university's recruiting website. Applied online and was emailed back about a week later regarding an on campus interview. Interviewed with 2 recruiters at the same time. Both seemed like very friendly and intelligent people.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2012.

Applied for summer internship through campus career center. Was selected for first round (1:1 interview with senior analyst). Asked about courses (econometrics specifically) and asked for details about projects, and some specific questions about regressions. Rest of the interview was behavioral questions. Interviewer was not that personable, and did not feel like I connected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience where you had to work with someone who was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2012.

Found an employee's contact information online and asked if they had internship opportunities. Very welcoming and kind during interview. Asked about previous experience in Marketing and other job experiences in general. Wanted to get an idea of my skill set to see what I could contribute to the company. Asked about my long-term career goals.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Writing sample and three back-to-back interviews. Everyone was extremely nice, so the interviews weren't too bad.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2008.

Recruited on-campus; first round interview based on fit and minimal technical questions. Second round consisted of three interviews - two of which were focused on fit and one of which was focused on technical skills. Company places a premium on fit since so much work is based on deal teams and interacting with clients and referral sources.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to value a company with negative equity   View Answer
    Was not able to negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Though they were not actively recruiting at the time, I sent through my CV and a cover letter and then followed up with a phone call. They admired my tenacity and asked me to come through for an interview. The process just involved an informal conversation with the HR management where I was asked what I understood about the company and my experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult questions because they all involved fit questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2012.

Consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Almost all behavioral questions. Not too hard.