FTI Consulting

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Full day interview process. Generally starts with 5 half an hour interviews though I interviewed on an off cycle so my interviews got extended to about 45 mins each. Then a 2 hour finance/accounting exam. The exam itself is pretty easy, simple DCF and balance sheet analysis plus some economic questions. It is a long day though and different from most super days due to so many interviews and a 2 hour exam.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2015.

On-Campus recruiting, resume Drop with Cover Letter, on campus interviews within two weeks. The interview was with a recruiting manager from the New York office for the Corporate Finance/Restructuring summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • It was an overall awkward experience. I am an Economics major and the recruiter began the interviewer asking what other internships that I was applying for. I think they were only interested in Accounting majors   Answer Question

FEDA Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2015.

I had attended an information session prior to submitting my application. The interview was a 30 minute session in the campus career center. The interviewer was friendly and informative, and the format of the interview was entirely behavioral. I had to explain projects and skills from my previous internships, and there was about 10 minutes at the end for additional questions.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you are qualified for this position? How have you handled situations in which you don't get along with someone you're working with?   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Applied through school website and had an on campus interview one week after the deadline. Normal behavioral questions. Recruiter spent a lot of time introduce the company as well as the position's responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. All the questions were based on my experience in my resume.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Recruiter screening, one in-person interview at headquarters with fellow candidates interviewing for segment intern positions. Multiple interviews with different levels of management throughout the day. Each interview did not last more than 10 minutes.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview included meetings with multiple levels of staff, including junior staff who would be working below the applicant. Descriptions of the role were relatively vague and interview questions included many standard consulting case interview problems. The interview ended with a 2-hour finance/accounting computer exam. This included DCF and other financial modeling questions, plus some basic economics questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many automobile tires currently exist in the U.S.?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I got a first round interview, we were taken out for a meet and greet the night prior. The representatives that came were easy going and engaging. The interview was the next morning, questions were behavioral with a light touch on technical situations. I thought I did pretty well but they didn't even reach out with a response.

Interview Questions
    • If Apple decided they wanted to sell refrigerators, how would you determine the price of the refrigerator?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Met them at a career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview taking place a week later. After that it was about three or four weeks before they made their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to solve a problem on the white board, asked other questions about projects I worked on and how I went about them   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Surprisingly no behavioral questions at all. They tried to see how I handled pressure by asking me VERY technical questions, despite knowing that my finance experience was very limited. They also tried to make me nervous by asking me a couple of questions in Spanish (so be aware of what you put on your resume).

Interview Questions
    • Very specific technical questions (ex. specifics about FCF growth percentage in Gordon Growth method)   Answer Question