FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

First, there was a resume and cover letter drop onto an applicant portal. This was followed by a followup phone call, that served as an initial screening and informational interview. This included basic questions regarding interest in the specific position. This was followed by an in office interview that lasted approximately an hour.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by all "non-staff" employees. They had obviously never been given interview direction. They were awkward people in general. It lasted about 30 minutes total. They didn't ask me any questions relative to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good employee?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in office interview with three Senior Managing Directors in the Boston Office and one Skype interview (the interviewer was in a conference call during our scheduled meeting time).

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. Some easy statistics questions and questions regarding Stata.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, great offer.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus - 1 interview. Same question asked to all the candidates interviewing that day. Interviewers are friendly. Process is quick.

Questions on background, resume, data structure .
    How would you test your code. Write down all the test cases. Some questions on SQL.
     Not very tough. They expect you to ask good questions at the end.

The entire process has only one round.

Interview Questions

• Background, resume, data structure.
      How would you test your code. Some questions on SQL

Answer Question

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

very brief, only had to talk to project manager on the phone. About 4-5 general questions to guage your willingness to commit to the project they're staffing, how serious you are, whether or not you might be crazy, etc.

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about document review?   1 Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Full day interview process. Generally starts with 5 half an hour interviews though I interviewed on an off cycle so my interviews got extended to about 45 mins each. Then a 2 hour finance/accounting exam. The exam itself is pretty easy, simple DCF and balance sheet analysis plus some economic questions. It is a long day though and different from most super days due to so many interviews and a 2 hour exam.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting, resume Drop with Cover Letter, on campus interviews within two weeks. The interview was with a recruiting manager from the New York office for the Corporate Finance/Restructuring summer internship.

Interview Questions

• It was an overall awkward experience. I am an Economics major and the recruiter began the interviewer asking what other internships that I was applying for. I think they were only interested in Accounting majors   Answer Question

FEDA Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had attended an information session prior to submitting my application. The interview was a 30 minute session in the campus career center. The interviewer was friendly and informative, and the format of the interview was entirely behavioral. I had to explain projects and skills from my previous internships, and there was about 10 minutes at the end for additional questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are qualified for this position? How have you handled situations in which you don't get along with someone you're working with?   Answer Question

Restructuring Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Amherst, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty difficult, they asked a lot of technical questions after getting through the fit questions relatively quickly. Most of the fit questions were pretty standard however, so there's not much surprise there. Be prepared to know about their company and what they do, why you want to work there, and how to evaluate the financial health of companies / fix problems you might find (remove stores for example if a company needs some liquidation).

Interview Questions

• If you were to evaluate the financial health of a company, how would you do so?   1 Answer

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Interview

Applied through school website and had an on campus interview one week after the deadline. Normal behavioral questions. Recruiter spent a lot of time introduce the company as well as the position's responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. All the questions were based on my experience in my resume.   Answer Question