FTI Consulting

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview included meetings with multiple levels of staff, including junior staff who would be working below the applicant. Descriptions of the role were relatively vague and interview questions included many standard consulting case interview problems. The interview ended with a 2-hour finance/accounting computer exam. This included DCF and other financial modeling questions, plus some basic economics questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many automobile tires currently exist in the U.S.?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Recruiter screening, one in-person interview at headquarters with fellow candidates interviewing for segment intern positions. Multiple interviews with different levels of management throughout the day. Each interview did not last more than 10 minutes.

Associate Interview

I got a first round interview, we were taken out for a meet and greet the night prior. The representatives that came were easy going and engaging. The interview was the next morning, questions were behavioral with a light touch on technical situations. I thought I did pretty well but they didn't even reach out with a response.

Interview Questions
    • If Apple decided they wanted to sell refrigerators, how would you determine the price of the refrigerator?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

First we had a pre interview "networking" night (aka the interviewers got drunk at the open bar while we were trying to ask them real questions). It seems as though they came to our school to recruit only because they went there for undergrad, and wanted to relive their "party years". They never intended on seriously interviewing any of us. The next day the interview was pretty ridiculous, a lot of specific technical questions... For an entry level job? They were interviewing college seniors! Needless to say, none of us that they interviewed went on to the final round. Now that I've graduated and have settled into a career at a firm where I am satisfied, I have realized that the culture at FTI is incredibly sexist and old fashioned, think 1950s era. This is what I have heard. So obviously, they don't hire many women.

Interview Questions
    • Do you kids still go out to (name of local bar in college town) ? Seriously they asked us about this.   Answer Question

Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied on school career service website and got pre-selected in two weeks. Back-to-back interview: lasted exactly an hour, 30 mins each with different interviewer. The first lady I talked to work for forensic, not actually healthcare. Asked some general questions, went through the resume, and one behavioral question. When time was up I was guided to another room talking with the healthcare director. Basically he went through the resume again and wanna know why I'm interested in FTI. In the end he emphasized "Do you have any questions for ME". Everyone is nice and approachable, and I really enjoyed talking with them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you managed to settle down a conflict in work.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Consulting Interview

First round on campus with one analyst. Half Technical Half Behavioral. Second round in office with 3 different MDs. Mostly Behavioral but one or two technicals. Went out to lunch with one of the MDs.

FEDA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

On campus interview then when on to Super day interviews. Great people interested in knowing what you're like as a person. There were no case interviews. They had a technical interview that was more focused on your resume and experience.

Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   View Answer