FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

General interview with a case.

Director Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2008.

behavior interview is the way to do it.

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2011.

Started off with numerical and verbal reasoning, no calculator allowed. Followed by a group exercise/ role play where you analyse a case study and suggest solutions for the client. The company tend to look for economic analysis and some calculation, similar to project management. Knowledge in Corporate Finance could help.

Interview Questions
    • We were given a case that the client wanted to start a plan and had a few investment options available. You need to do an extensive calculation and determine which plan is the most profitable meanwhile satisfying some other social limitations.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Questions
    • Pass/Fail exhaustive data management test - including converting 3 flat files with millions of lines of data into trended financial statements for a healthcare system.   Answer Question
    I was eager to make the move, and I accepted the initial offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Assessment center: numerical, verbal and written test and group exercise.

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

After submitting the initial application, I was invited to do an online numerical test. The test was not too hard and I was invited for an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of numerical test without a calculator. The numerical test was quite different as it had a few statistics and algebra related questions. After that there was a verbal reasoning test which was followed by a group exercise that included a case study of evaluating lottery operators. There was also a reading comprehension where you are required to summarise a text that they provide.

Interview Questions
    • The text provided in the reading comprehension was quite hard to summarise effectively.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Finance and Economic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Process took 2 weeks. Applied through campus recruitment and was invited to an online assessment test. The test was numerical, not too difficult, but would require you to pace through. One week later, got an email invitation to assessment centre in London.

The day started from 9.30 am. Introduction session followed by two tests. One numerical with no calculator and a verbal (GMAT style), both 30 questions in 30 minutes if I recall correctly. Very time-restricted.

After that, we had lunch with first year associates. Afternoon included a group case then a written exam. Had to summarize an economic article (more like a story).

Interview Questions
    • Case: You are a firm (bank/lottery operator) bidding for a lottery contract from a developing country government   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2014.

Came across the job posting via my university's recruiting website. Applied online and was emailed back about a week later regarding an on campus interview. Interviewed with 2 recruiters at the same time. Both seemed like very friendly and intelligent people.

Interview Questions

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!