FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.8

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2008.

Interview

behavior interview is the way to do it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Pass/Fail exhaustive data management test - including converting 3 flat files with millions of lines of data into trended financial statements for a healthcare system.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was eager to make the move, and I accepted the initial offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Annapolis, MD).

Interview

Phone Interview with HR followed. HR's interview was fairly in-depth for HR. They were fairly well briefed on the job requirements and asked good questions right off the bat. In-person interview with two levels of management. It was detailed and thorough. Nothing was out of line, but it was involved. Come prepared with your own questions and lead the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviews were more relaxed than I had anticipated and I was not expected to have a great deal of knowledge about the industry. The focus was more on being able to work through problems and communicate solutions. Aside from the interview, there was a writing exercise, a maths test, and a case study exercise which were all challenging but approachable. Don't worry too much about learning the technicalities of the industry, just make sure you turn up switched on and prepared to think.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through something you're studying at university.   Answer Question

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

emailed CV to HR. 3 stage interview process. 1st with one member of the team. 2nd with two members of the team. 3rd with two members of the team. 2nd interview also included a psychometric interview.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

First you have to complete an online numerical test issued by Saville Consulting. If you pass this test you get invited to a 4-5 hr assessment day. This involves a numerical test without calculator (hard), a verbal reasoning test (you do not have enough time), and then a group exercise. By the time I interview, they still used the lottery case. But there's not much you can do to prepare for this, researching government lotteries would not be beneficial. After the group exercise you have to complete a writing test. The people are nice and friendly, but the day is structured like an exam day. You have an informal lunch with graduates hired last year to ask some questions.

Interview Questions

• The exams were hard and you are rather tired by the end to do the writing test well.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Surprisingly no behavioral questions at all. They tried to see how I handled pressure by asking me VERY technical questions, despite knowing that my finance experience was very limited. They also tried to make me nervous by asking me a couple of questions in Spanish (so be aware of what you put on your resume).

Interview Questions

• Very specific technical questions (ex. specifics about FCF growth percentage in Gordon Growth method)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Campus resume drop. On-campus interview (30 minutes). In-office Super Day (4 hours). The process was fairly efficient except for the happenings after the Super Day - it took 2 weeks for FTI to extend an offer. I would suggest attending their events to get your face out their. The on-campus interview is focused on your past experience, and the in-house interview is more forward-looking in terms of evaluating your fit at FTI.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in consulting and not quantitative finance?   1 Answer

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was invited to attend the first round interview which comprises two tests (verbal and Maths) and a CV based interview. The tests are difficult. I prepared GMAT style questions for both. However, I found the Maths test is actually more a SHL style - except, you will find time very limited and unable to finish. There are graph reading kind of questions, simple in nature, but also as I mentioned, you would really struggle with time. Verbal is GMAT style, including Verbal reasoning (which answer would weaken the argument kind of question), Reading comprehensive (one very long article with several questions) and Grammar correction (this takes about 1/3 of the total questions). You will find time limited but it's doable to finish all of them. The CV based interview is very straightforward, you will be asked "tell me about yourself", "have you ever been criticized in working", "how do you like managing people" kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about yourself", "have you ever been criticized in working", "how do you like managing people" kind of questions.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 phone interview with a recruiter, a meeting with 3 higher ups in office, and a phone interview. The meeting with the three higher ups in the office also consisted of a test.