FTI Consulting

115 candidate interviews

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details – First round behavioral on campus - 45 min w/ basic questions that were to be expected. General conversation about my background and the core of the business.

Second round in office - 3 1 hr interviews. Asked basic questions, opportunity to ask interviewers many questions.

The entire process felt very fit based.

Interview Question – How would you evaluate the debt of a company?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interviews. At the second there are 4 rounds of 1 on 1 interviews with the managing directors. Very cool people not a high stress environment. However, there is a skills evaluation portion which tests financial/accounting knowledge and computer skills.

Interview Question – What is a p-value?   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
London, England (UK)

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details – First Round - math and verbal test, group case study, networking lunch

The case study was not easy and took a lot of collaboration. In the end, what mattered most was being concise and communicating information effectively.

Second round: writing exercise, 2 1-1 interviews

Interview Question – Question on explaining what happened with LTCM   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details – Interviewed with four directors and managing directors. Very informal and mostly just wanted to see if we got along. Once passing that they brought me in for a written test.

Interview Question – Essay test asking finance questions.   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Summer Intern Interview

Forensic and Litigation Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Two first round interviews, mostly behavioral

Superday consisted of 3 interviews with directors and partners and a case study

Interview Question – How would you assess the financial health of a company?   Answer Question

Restructuring Consultant Interview

Restructuring Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – After the initial screening, I had to complete a case study before being brought in for 4 face to face interviews. I met with people the consultant level to a managing director and then had lunch with them as well as the other candidates.

Interview Question – Why would I hire someone from an accounting background when I could hire an MBA or a consultant with experience?   Answer Question

First Year Associate Interview

First Year Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – First round is quite simple-30 minutes, behavioral questions. No tricks, they just want to understand why you are interested in their particular type of consulting. Major plus points if you have accounting experience.

Interview Question – Very easy, nothing really comes to mind   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – 1st round interview- on campus- mostly just go through your resume questions. asked about analytical skills, what coursework could help me with the job, what sort of outside experiences. asked about specific points on my resume.

Interview Question – There was nothing that difficult in the first round.   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Economic and Financial Consulting
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – applied online, first round numerical and verbal test, then group work. second round two interviews, a written case then interview about that.

Interview Question – our recent projects   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details – Applied through college website. Took about a month until I got a response. Interviewed with 2 Analysts. They were very nice and wanted to know more about me and my experience. They also had a Greeter in the waiting room which I had never seen done before. It seems that they really care about their employees and fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about _____ project and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!