FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting (Annapolis, MD).

Interview

Phone Interview with HR followed. HR's interview was fairly in-depth for HR. They were fairly well briefed on the job requirements and asked good questions right off the bat.
    In-person interview with two levels of management. It was detailed and thorough. Nothing was out of line, but it was involved. Come prepared with your own questions and lead the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Reached out through email at first and scheduled call. Asked about my background in the industry and to talk about some of the jobs I worked on to basically see if I was qualified for the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging client on one of the jobs you worked on   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in office interview with three Senior Managing Directors in the Boston Office and one Skype interview (the interviewer was in a conference call during our scheduled meeting time).

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. Some easy statistics questions and questions regarding Stata.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, great offer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Informal process very chatty, quick responsive, keen to show me about the firm, friendly, informative, smooth, explained ambition of firm, type of work, travel requirements, salary open and bonus discussed

Interview Questions

• Why FTI, why Resturcturing, experience, view in travel   Answer Question

Restructuring Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Amherst, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty difficult, they asked a lot of technical questions after getting through the fit questions relatively quickly. Most of the fit questions were pretty standard however, so there's not much surprise there. Be prepared to know about their company and what they do, why you want to work there, and how to evaluate the financial health of companies / fix problems you might find (remove stores for example if a company needs some liquidation).

Interview Questions

• If you were to evaluate the financial health of a company, how would you do so?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

First, there was a resume and cover letter drop onto an applicant portal. This was followed by a followup phone call, that served as an initial screening and informational interview. This included basic questions regarding interest in the specific position. This was followed by an in office interview that lasted approximately an hour.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Campus resume drop. On-campus interview (30 minutes). In-office Super Day (4 hours).

The process was fairly efficient except for the happenings after the Super Day - it took 2 weeks for FTI to extend an offer.

I would suggest attending their events to get your face out their. The on-campus interview is focused on your past experience, and the in-house interview is more forward-looking in terms of evaluating your fit at FTI.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in consulting and not quantitative finance?   1 Answer

Health Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting. The initial interview was essentially a 30 minutes resume walk through. The second round consisted of three 45 minute interviews. All interviews were one on one. They were interested in hearing about relevant academic and work experience in relation to health care, data analysis, and team work.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my interest in healthcare, experience with Excel, interest in data analysis, my skillset, and other general questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by all "non-staff" employees. They had obviously never been given interview direction. They were awkward people in general. It lasted about 30 minutes total. They didn't ask me any questions relative to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good employee?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus - 1 interview. Same question asked to all the candidates interviewing that day. Interviewers are friendly. Process is quick.

Questions on background, resume, data structure .
    How would you test your code. Write down all the test cases. Some questions on SQL.
     Not very tough. They expect you to ask good questions at the end.

The entire process has only one round.

Interview Questions

• Background, resume, data structure.
      How would you test your code. Some questions on SQL