FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was primarily behavioral. I met with a Managing Director and a Senior Managing Director. Most of the questions were related to my background and my future goals.

Interview Questions

• Most students work in industry first. Why do you want to go directly into consulting?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

The culture seemed like a true meritocracy. There seem to be ample opportunity for advancement. However, the backgrounds of the professionals in the los angeles office are quite varied and it appeared to be a bit of a motley crew. Compared to peers such as AlixPartners and Alvarez & Marsal, overall the professionals were less impressive and less polished.

Interview Questions

• if you were meeting with a new client and needed to immediately rectify some immediate solvency issues, what would you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2009.

Interview

It was a general fit interview. There were two representatives in the room, where one took notes and the other asked questions.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard or difficult questions. The interview consisted of just standard fit type questions about past experiences.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The first round interview was a 1:1 and not difficult to get past. Before the second round interviews began, a formal lunch was served off-site. Don't be fooled, this is an informal interview. The second interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews in which one tended to be more of a technical skills administered through a simple case study. The corporate culture was quiet and there was a lot of young and talented individuals.

Everyone was welcoming and observant of everything you do from the time you first walk in the office. You will be judged by your lunch partners, your buddy, and your interviews. If you like the environment that is similar to the quiet accounting office, this may be a good fit. Do your research of the evolution of the corporation since its inception and come prepared with lots of well thought out questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the FEDA team?   Answer Question
    • Review this case and give me the number and process of how you would calculate the settlement figure.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2009.

Interview

1st Round prenight. The interview was just a fit interview with questions on resume and consulting. Lots of time for questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this specific type of consulting?   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

1st Round
    1. Case: You have 3 communications groups: Big-box, mid-size, black market. How would each of
    the groups be affected if a new law passes that penalizes groups that conduct in unbusiness-like
    practices. This law penalizes any company that breaks the agreement signed by the big box and
    mid size companies, but not the black market. How does this affect market share? How does
    this affect sales? How would you measure the change in share, and capture of the market. Draw
    a graph of the change in market size that you believe will happen.
    2. You are given an excel spreadsheet, and the interviewer asks you to go through line item by line
    item and analyze the data and what the spreadsheet means.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

1st round is behavioral interview, very typical. 2nd round is in the office, 4 interviews with Managers, then lunch with two consultants.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

First round was one on one with HR. Plus a writing test....
    Everything was easy. Just a standard "tell me about yourself" type of question and why us type... fairly standard.
    the essay portion was to write about anything in about 10 minutes. so I just wrote about a pretty standard SAT/GMAT type essay.

Second round with about four people at the division. Nothing special. No trick question.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview

General interview with a case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at FTI?   1 Answer

Forensic Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

General discussion about my background and what I was looking for in a new position. FTI weren't currently hiring at the time. Very friendly and open/honest interview.