FTI Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Negotiation Details – Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Interview Question – How do you evaluate a company   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Internal Sorcing Interview

Internal Sorcing
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details – Lacked structure.

Interview Question – They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very bland, they had no benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Duration :1- week
Phone Screen; 1-1 with a group. 4 Rounds in total.

Interview Question – No difficult question asked, to the point and precise,. Questions based on one's experience only.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details – Applied through college website. Took about a month until I got a response. Interviewed with 2 Analysts. They were very nice and wanted to know more about me and my experience. They also had a Greeter in the waiting room which I had never seen done before. It seems that they really care about their employees and fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about _____ project and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Healthcare Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting, and they asked for an interview. At the interview, the interviewer was extremely stiff and awkward. He asked me a bunch of typical questions -- walk me through your resume, what are you involved in, why did you choose your major, what are the biggest issues in healthcare, etc. The interviewer also seemed flustered when I asked a question he didn't seem to know the answer to. Overall, very odd experience.

Interview Question – What are the biggest problems in healthcare?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Question – Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Litigation Consulting Intern Interview

Litigation Consulting Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – One on-campus interview that was 30 minutes, super easy random behavioral questions. Asked things like "talk about a time you worked with someone difficult". Then did a three hour interview at their office- meeting three main people and then went to lunch with one of them and a recent hire. The interview was completely behavioral and asked about what technical capabilities I have. The lunch was really awkward and they didn't ask me any interview type questions, were just very social.

Interview Question – Asked very specific questions about how much research you've done in the field of consulting and why this position is the one you want out of all the firms   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Question – None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – I interviewed for FTI through campus recruiting. I submitted a resume through career services (no cover letter) and was contacted to do a first round on campus interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes and was behavioral. After about a week and a half I was contacted for a final round interview at their office. This was comprised of 3 45 minute behavioral interviews. Each interview had one senior level and one junior level employee.

Interview Question – What are the top challenges facing the healthcare industry?   Answer Question