FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

very brief, only had to talk to project manager on the phone. About 4-5 general questions to guage your willingness to commit to the project they're staffing, how serious you are, whether or not you might be crazy, etc.

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about document review?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Full day interview process. Generally starts with 5 half an hour interviews though I interviewed on an off cycle so my interviews got extended to about 45 mins each. Then a 2 hour finance/accounting exam. The exam itself is pretty easy, simple DCF and balance sheet analysis plus some economic questions. It is a long day though and different from most super days due to so many interviews and a 2 hour exam.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that I thought went very well but I was not invited to the super day. It was all behavioral. No technical questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting, resume Drop with Cover Letter, on campus interviews within two weeks. The interview was with a recruiting manager from the New York office for the Corporate Finance/Restructuring summer internship.

Interview Questions

• It was an overall awkward experience. I am an Economics major and the recruiter began the interviewer asking what other internships that I was applying for. I think they were only interested in Accounting majors   Answer Question

Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Amherst, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty difficult, they asked a lot of technical questions after getting through the fit questions relatively quickly. Most of the fit questions were pretty standard however, so there's not much surprise there. Be prepared to know about their company and what they do, why you want to work there, and how to evaluate the financial health of companies / fix problems you might find (remove stores for example if a company needs some liquidation).

Interview Questions

• If you were to evaluate the financial health of a company, how would you do so?   1 Answer

Life Sciences Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1 hour on campus, then superday. Nothing too technical, but hardcore behavioral questions. they want to see how you fit/ how you think, can you talk to people. They are also looking for someone who is good with data analysis and someone who can be personable. The Superday was not too long , no case questions.

Interview Questions

• If I give you a large amount of information, how do you filter through it?   Answer Question

FEDA Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had attended an information session prior to submitting my application. The interview was a 30 minute session in the campus career center. The interviewer was friendly and informative, and the format of the interview was entirely behavioral. I had to explain projects and skills from my previous internships, and there was about 10 minutes at the end for additional questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are qualified for this position? How have you handled situations in which you don't get along with someone you're working with?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through school website and had an on campus interview one week after the deadline. Normal behavioral questions. Recruiter spent a lot of time introduce the company as well as the position's responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. All the questions were based on my experience in my resume.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

I got a first round interview, we were taken out for a meet and greet the night prior. The representatives that came were easy going and engaging. The interview was the next morning, questions were behavioral with a light touch on technical situations. I thought I did pretty well but they didn't even reach out with a response.

Interview Questions

• If Apple decided they wanted to sell refrigerators, how would you determine the price of the refrigerator?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Recruiter screening, one in-person interview at headquarters with fellow candidates interviewing for segment intern positions. Multiple interviews with different levels of management throughout the day. Each interview did not last more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

See What FTI Consulting Employees Are Saying

Current Managing Director, Strategic Communications in Chicago, IL

Pros: “You are exposed to a WORLD of clients in every imaginable sector from law to corporate to finance to healthcare to energy to manufacturing/retail. Point to the WSJ any given day, and our...”“You are exposed to a WORLD of clients in every imaginable sector from law to corporate to finance to healthcare to energy to manufacturing/retail. Point to the WSJ any given day, and our clients aren't just featured...but usually a matter/case/engagement on which we're working with them. And unlike Big 4 or other traditional agencies, FTI allows you a great deal more creativity and input to the engagement than you would in a cookie-cutter agency/firm approach.” – Full Review