FTI Consulting

115 candidate interviews

Economic Consultant Interview

Economic Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details – emailed CV to HR. 3 stage interview process. 1st with one member of the team. 2nd with two members of the team. 3rd with two members of the team. 2nd interview also included a psychometric interview.

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – Several behavioral questions, like why you choose this grad schoo, how did you handle a difficult situation. The interviewer was very nice and had very relax conversation. But then she gave me a printed out spreadsheet to analyze the aggregate profits and followed up many accounting detailed questions.. Didn't expect that :(

Interview Question – What is the aggregate profits of this company?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2011.

Interview Details – First round interview was with a group of 7 other interviewees. First we had a group discussion/case study. I think at this stage they are looking to see if you can work in a group. Then was a numerical/logical reasoning test and then a verbal reasoning test. These are pretty tough and time pressured but if you enjoy problem solving then you should be fine. The second round interview consisted of a written case study. Mine had to do with valuation. It is quite quantitative. Then I had a 1:1 interview with a senior consultant. It was pretty competency based. The final interview was with another senior consultant. This last interview was pretty tough and contained two mini case studies. Interviews probably depend on what expertise your interviewer might have. There were also a lot of questions about past education/work experiences. Know your cv well and know exactly what the company does and what your position will be. Understand the notion of PDV. Since their acquisition of LECG they still have to sort out their interview process as they've incorporated aspects of each firms' interview process.

Interview Question – How would you decide the level of a congestion charge?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
London, England (UK)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews were more relaxed than I had anticipated and I was not expected to have a great deal of knowledge about the industry. The focus was more on being able to work through problems and communicate solutions.

Aside from the interview, there was a writing exercise, a maths test, and a case study exercise which were all challenging but approachable. Don't worry too much about learning the technicalities of the industry, just make sure you turn up switched on and prepared to think.

Interview Question – Talk me through something you're studying at university.   Answer Question

Director - Restructuring Interview

Director - Restructuring
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview Details – FTI is good at restructuring work. I spent 6 months following up with the Managing Directors, at their request, once per week or so that were initally respectful. Don't waste your time as I was told we're "3 1/2 years from needing someone." Understanding you won't interview Friday and start Monday, why are you wasting time talking to folks when you say multiple times we'll need people over the next month, and then after a face to face you come back with this. Are you kidding me! What a joke and utter waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Generic case... Here's a client situations and the challenges around it. Please come back with your recommendations.   Answer Question
  • We travel out on travel the first of the month and back the 21st. Why would you want to do this it's a horrible life.   View Answer

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Analyst Interview

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Analyst
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1st Round
1. Case: You have 3 communications groups: Big-box, mid-size, black market. How would each of
the groups be affected if a new law passes that penalizes groups that conduct in unbusiness-like
practices. This law penalizes any company that breaks the agreement signed by the big box and
mid size companies, but not the black market. How does this affect market share? How does
this affect sales? How would you measure the change in share, and capture of the market. Draw
a graph of the change in market size that you believe will happen.
2. You are given an excel spreadsheet, and the interviewer asks you to go through line item by line
item and analyze the data and what the spreadsheet means.

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Interview Details – 3 one on one interview with a technical section for one interview

Interview Question – If the earths polar ice caps were melting how would you calculate if you could still commute to work in NYC or you had to take a boat   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – general interview questions, behavioral questions, technical case question: how would you advise an ice-cream company that is dealing with a new competitor? Energy sector specific question.

Interview Question – What factors would you take into consideration when deciding whether or not to open an ice-cream shop in your hometown   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview
two 1:1 interviews with a consultant and a managing director
1 task to complete (financial data analysis, excel, etc)

Interview Question – How would you value a firm?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice interview process. Two nights of drinks with the staff. The interview is 6 hours long with a case study, presentation, and 6 interviews.

Interview Question – Why you?   View Answer