FTI Consulting

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Getting the Interview

108 candidate interviews

Forensic and Litigation Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Two first round interviews, mostly behavioral

Superday consisted of 3 interviews with directors and partners and a case study

Interview Question – How would you assess the financial health of a company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview Details – Only one fit interview - no cases or technicals. Talked about my previous internships and my accomplishments at school. Very informal and unstructured - much of it was actually informational about FTI. Just be sure to appear articulate and show a logical thought process when talking through your fit questions.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most useful trait as an intern?   View Answer

Internal Sorcing Interview

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details – Lacked structure.

Interview Question – They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very bland, they had no benefits.

Intern Interview

Intern
Cape Town (South Africa)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Though they were not actively recruiting at the time, I sent through my CV and a cover letter and then followed up with a phone call. They admired my tenacity and asked me to come through for an interview. The process just involved an informal conversation with the HR management where I was asked what I understood about the company and my experience.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions because they all involved fit questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this group?   Answer Question

Financial Enterprise Data Analytics Associate Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview took place on campus where I was interviewed by one of the managers.
I didn't make it to the second round interviews but the first interview consisted of behavioral questions.
The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and seemed like she really cared about my answers and our interview.
I asked her various questions about the firm such as work culture as well as the quality of employees and she did a wonderful job in answering them.
FTI is different from other consulting firms in that they're a litigation consulting firm but I have had a couple of friends who worked for FTI and have told me it was a pretty awesome consulting gig.

Interview Questions

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in August 2011.

Interview Details – The senior consultant interviewed me. His phone was breaking out. I did not get him very clearly. He sounds nice. There wasn't much professional or difficult questions. He kept telling his own stories. I don't think they need people urgently.

Interview Question – What did you do at your last internship   Answer Question

Senior Managing Director Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted directly by the company and had several interviews. I found the employees of the company to be intelligent and engaged. The physical office spaces I visited were professional, albeit a bit tired. In the end, I did not choose to pursue employment with the firm because they did not have a strong enough footing in my practice area and several of my existing clients were hesitant about my going to the firm. Nevertheless, if FTI were more visible in my practice area, I likely would have tried to make the move.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate to New York if we paid for the move and provided an apartment for the duration of your employment?   View Answer

Intern- Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Two back-to-back 30 minute interviews, each with two consultants from the local branch (4 interviewers total). One interviewer was an analyst and the other was a senior consultant or director. All behavioral questions and really laid back interviewers. I felt very comfortable considering it was my first interview

Interview Question – What is a mistake you have made, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

FTI, Forensic and Litigation Internship Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Brief on campus interview, asked if I was proficient in excel and to describe my prior work experiences. Interviewer was professional, though arrived late to my interview (likely stuck in traffic, frustrating none the less).

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting