FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

Interview

I had two 30 minute interviews for the intern position. The timeline for their hiring process is very long. They took well over two weeks following the interview to get back to applicants. They asked a lot about data analysis experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to explain a difficult concept or theory to someone who had no background knowledge about the subject.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   1 Answer

Interview

First round on campus with one analyst. Half Technical Half Behavioral. Second round in office with 3 different MDs. Mostly Behavioral but one or two technicals. Went out to lunch with one of the MDs.

Graduate European Tax Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Standard online numerical and verbal reasoning tests, then an half hour telephone interview with a memeber of HR and a senior memeber of the team. Then a interview at the offices with two senior memebers of the team, and a maths test. Final round interview with a senior managing director for about an hour.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by all "non-staff" employees. They had obviously never been given interview direction. They were awkward people in general. It lasted about 30 minutes total. They didn't ask me any questions relative to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good employee?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

First, there was a resume and cover letter drop onto an applicant portal. This was followed by a followup phone call, that served as an initial screening and informational interview. This included basic questions regarding interest in the specific position. This was followed by an in office interview that lasted approximately an hour.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone call from in-house recruiter. I got an email and then they followed up with a call. I had applied online through their website. The recruiter was doing the typical phone screen to see if I basically had a pulse and could communicate. They were pleasant and I got the feeling they were doing a bunch of these in a row so it was pretty mechanical.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my resume, ideal type of job, and salary. It was a phone screen so they were trying to see if I should come in for an interview. It was the basic questions that they could just get off my resume.   1 Answer

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

very brief, only had to talk to project manager on the phone. About 4-5 general questions to guage your willingness to commit to the project they're staffing, how serious you are, whether or not you might be crazy, etc.

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about document review?   1 Answer

Internal Sorcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Newark, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Lacked structure.

Interview Questions

• They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very bland, they had no benefits.