FTI Consulting

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.

FEDA Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Got through the first round and this more focuses on the 2nd round. This round is all about behavioral. You will go through three separate interviews with nothing too technical. They just want to see if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What news story in the last two days is most interesting to you?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2012.

We had dinner with several people including other candidates the night before the interview. Everyone was either a marathon runner or a JMU graduate or both. They talked a mainly about past college football games. During the interview I was led around by one person to different offices. I met with 3 people total. The managers (2) asked more analytical questions about past work and how I would handle certain data situations while the partner (1) asked more personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a question on how to deal with outlier observations in a categorical dataset. The interviewer was very stoic when asking questions. My answer was to flag it and follow up with the source to check the integrity of the data. But I think it would've been better to elaborate more.   View Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting in August 2014.

Three stages. First screening by recruiter then interviewed by project manager then have to go to their office for in person registration (criminal background check and work history basically). No discussion of specifics during screening (rate of pay, hours, if there is OT); project managers provide details. This company previously used staffing agencies and is now doing the hiring directly so they have recruiters out in CA doing the screening for the project managers.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions for this type of work; but did ask about "how" skills were acquired.   View Answer

Accepted another offer before FTI made me an offer.

Consultant (VFAS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied on Linkedin. Initial phone screening with HR (nothing technical). All the members in hiring committee were traveling so it took 2-3 weeks to schedule an in-house interview. Met up with 1 SMD, 1MD, and one Director. Each took 30 min or so.

Interview Questions
    • Write an e-mail to a PE client about the process of the engagement. (After I gave the answer) Do you think I would like that answer? It was not about the question itself but his attitude all along the interview that made the conversation very difficult.   Answer Question

E-Discovery Team Lead Interview

I received a response from the Recruiting team about 15 minutes after I applied for the position. I had a telephone interview that same day. She seemed helpful and honest and truly enjoyed speaking with her. Then a week later, I had a phone interview with a Director- who was also very honest and straightforward. Unfortunately, I wasn't a right fit for the position and she let me know.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Initial interview with MD of GRIP after being put in touch with a recruiter. In-person interview was fairly informal, straight-forward and altogether fairly easy. Seemed like more of an assessment of my interest and dedication to the industry as opposed to competency (my CV more or less speaks for itself in terms of experience).

Second interview was scheduled shortly thereafter with 3 additional MDs. This interview as well was fairly simple, with the only added layer of difficulty being that it was a 3on1 interview. There was also a Chinese language component (due to this position being in greater China).

Topics covered include anti-corruption compliance, enhanced due diligence, fraud investigations, etc.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Saw an online ad, sent in my resume and had an initial phone interview with HR that lasted about 15 minutes. Was scheduled to have another phone interview with the principals but that was changed to an in person interview with both the managing director and the senior managing director. The discussion with the managing director was straight forward, no real challenging/difficult questions. I had to wait about 45 minutes for the discussion with the senior managing director, even though I was told it would be only 5-10 minutes. No real challenging questions during this discussion either.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked about experience related to crisis communications, communications plan, coalition work and experience working with clients.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2012.

The interview process was actually very pleasant. It started with a couple of phone calls in which I was invited to do most of the talking. There's a lot of focus on the candidate's background and not quite as much about the company's day-to-day operations as I would have liked to have seen. Once I got there, I can kind of see why they didn't have a lot to say. You are very much on your own with no training.

Interview Questions
    • How to you value a corporation? This one is so open ended, I had a hard time encapsulating the right answer given the narrow focus of the financial job I was applying for at the time.   Answer Question
    None.