FTI Consulting

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

Health Solutions Intern Interview

I had two 30 minute interviews for the intern position. The timeline for their hiring process is very long. They took well over two weeks following the interview to get back to applicants. They asked a lot about data analysis experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to explain a difficult concept or theory to someone who had no background knowledge about the subject.   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

I applied for the position through on campus hiring by filling out an application on the university's website and the company's website. They conducted on campus interviews, which lasted about thirty minutes. Very simple interview, though the interviewer (a senior level consultant) was more concerned about what I knew about FTI than actually asking about me. I sent him a follow up email the day after thanking him for the opportunity to interview, but didn't receive any communication from the company until a month later, rejecting me.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2014.

Came across the job posting via my university's recruiting website. Applied online and was emailed back about a week later regarding an on campus interview. Interviewed with 2 recruiters at the same time. Both seemed like very friendly and intelligent people.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Duration :1- week
    Phone Screen; 1-1 with a group. 4 Rounds in total.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question asked, to the point and precise,. Questions based on one's experience only.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through college website. Took about a month until I got a response. Interviewed with 2 Analysts. They were very nice and wanted to know more about me and my experience. They also had a Greeter in the waiting room which I had never seen done before. It seems that they really care about their employees and fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about _____ project and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Questions
    • Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question
    Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Litigation Consulting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

One on-campus interview that was 30 minutes, super easy random behavioral questions. Asked things like "talk about a time you worked with someone difficult". Then did a three hour interview at their office- meeting three main people and then went to lunch with one of them and a recent hire. The interview was completely behavioral and asked about what technical capabilities I have. The lunch was really awkward and they didn't ask me any interview type questions, were just very social.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very specific questions about how much research you've done in the field of consulting and why this position is the one you want out of all the firms   Answer Question

Foreign Legal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Brief phone interview then brought in for an interview with 5 people. Originally set with 5 kind of higher up people, but 3 cancelled last minute and sent in random underlings to interview me. They did answer questions I had, but seemed more interested in talking about themselves than finding out if I would be a good fit. I feel like I didn't get the chance to tell them why I would be a good fit because I did not interrupt them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a half an hour quiz on a computer. It was like reliving the LSATs.   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting, and they asked for an interview. At the interview, the interviewer was extremely stiff and awkward. He asked me a bunch of typical questions -- walk me through your resume, what are you involved in, why did you choose your major, what are the biggest issues in healthcare, etc. The interviewer also seemed flustered when I asked a question he didn't seem to know the answer to. Overall, very odd experience.