FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Surprisingly no behavioral questions at all. They tried to see how I handled pressure by asking me VERY technical questions, despite knowing that my finance experience was very limited. They also tried to make me nervous by asking me a couple of questions in Spanish (so be aware of what you put on your resume).

Interview Questions

• Very specific technical questions (ex. specifics about FCF growth percentage in Gordon Growth method)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview taking place a week later. After that it was about three or four weeks before they made their decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to solve a problem on the white board, asked other questions about projects I worked on and how I went about them   Answer Question

Health Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting. The initial interview was essentially a 30 minutes resume walk through. The second round consisted of three 45 minute interviews. All interviews were one on one. They were interested in hearing about relevant academic and work experience in relation to health care, data analysis, and team work.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my interest in healthcare, experience with Excel, interest in data analysis, my skillset, and other general questions.   Answer Question

Document Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy and brief, only lasting about 10-15 minutes. The interviewer was interested in what my previous experiences have been in the field and how I felt I would be a good fit for what they were doing. I explained what I have been doing in my career over the last few years and what brought me to choose FTI as my next step. She was very pleasant to speak with and spoke highly of her experience working with FTI over the last few years. Overall, I felt very comfortable with the experience and was invited to join their team at the end, pending additional conflicts checks for a project starting immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for FTI?   1 Answer

Corporate Finance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Amherst, MA).

Interview

First we had a pre interview "networking" night (aka the interviewers got drunk at the open bar while we were trying to ask them real questions). It seems as though they came to our school to recruit only because they went there for undergrad, and wanted to relive their "party years". They never intended on seriously interviewing any of us. The next day the interview was pretty ridiculous, a lot of specific technical questions... For an entry level job? They were interviewing college seniors! Needless to say, none of us that they interviewed went on to the final round. Now that I've graduated and have settled into a career at a firm where I am satisfied, I have realized that the culture at FTI is incredibly sexist and old fashioned, think 1950s era. This is what I have heard. So obviously, they don't hire many women.

Interview Questions

• Do you kids still go out to (name of local bar in college town) ? Seriously they asked us about this.   Answer Question

Healthcare Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Applied on school career service website and got pre-selected in two weeks. Back-to-back interview: lasted exactly an hour, 30 mins each with different interviewer. The first lady I talked to work for forensic, not actually healthcare. Asked some general questions, went through the resume, and one behavioral question. When time was up I was guided to another room talking with the healthcare director. Basically he went through the resume again and wanna know why I'm interested in FTI. In the end he emphasized "Do you have any questions for ME". Everyone is nice and approachable, and I really enjoyed talking with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you managed to settle down a conflict in work.   Answer Question

Interview

First round on campus with one analyst. Half Technical Half Behavioral. Second round in office with 3 different MDs. Mostly Behavioral but one or two technicals. Went out to lunch with one of the MDs.

FEDA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus interview then when on to Super day interviews. Great people interested in knowing what you're like as a person. There were no case interviews. They had a technical interview that was more focused on your resume and experience.

Macy's Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   1 Answer