FTI Consulting

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

general interview questions, behavioral questions, technical case question: how would you advise an ice-cream company that is dealing with a new competitor? Energy sector specific question.

Interview Questions
    • What factors would you take into consideration when deciding whether or not to open an ice-cream shop in your hometown   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

Group interview
    two 1:1 interviews with a consultant and a managing director
    1 task to complete (financial data analysis, excel, etc)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Very nice interview process. Two nights of drinks with the staff. The interview is 6 hours long with a case study, presentation, and 6 interviews.

Recruiter Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2011.

I met with 2 individuals who asked me many questions. I felt the interview was thourough and I had plenty of time to express my accomplishments

Economic and Financial Consultant, London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2012.

After submitting CV and Cover Letter I was invited to a 'first assessment day' - I am yet to find out if I'm through to the second.
    First Day assessment Centre:
    -A numerical test that is designed by them - not like GMAT format. 26 questions in 30 minutes that were difficult! Just try to be as fast as possible - the best ability to have due to time restrictions is ability to estimate effectively.
    -A verbal reasoning test that is very much the same as GMAT format.
    -A Group Exercise about introducing a lottery operator to a highly developed country. You are certainly guided through this and your group will consist of three people. The best advice is - start crunching the figures and numbers from the beginning. First you are given facts and figures about the cities of this country and chances of a lottery&advertising figures - why the government would want to introduce a lottery etc. You are asked to give the three main objectives you would have for an operator before you are given the figures of a hypothetical operator and you have to present in 5 minutes why you think this operator is best.
    -Written test: Had to summarise 2 pages on cigarettes becoming a form of currency in PoWs.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2012.

Consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Almost all behavioral questions. Not too hard.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Writing sample and three back-to-back interviews. Everyone was extremely nice, so the interviews weren't too bad.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

CME Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

FTI's website said first-round was behavioral/traditional interview questions only. My first-round was completely technicals - no behaviorals were asked. Honestly, it was my fault for not reviewing my technicals beforehand, but I was still disappointed that I was caught off-guard. I wish the interviewer at least tried to get to know me before he started throwing technicals at me.

Interview Questions
    • terminal growth rate for a mature entertainment company   Answer Question

FTI Communications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

applied through company website, two rounds: phone interview followed by Assessment Day including two one-to-one interview, writing exercise, group discussion and role play.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Was originally contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the recruiter at FTI. Had the normal phone screen with the recruiter and then had another phone screen with a manager. Both were relatively straight forward and easy. I was then invited to the Chicago office where I met with two Directors. Both interviews went well. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said the Director's really liked me, so she asked if she could contact my references as that was the last step before they give the official offer. After contacting my references, she extended me a verbal offer! She said she would send over the official (paper) offer the next day; however, I never heard from her. A few days later, I called the recruiter and she said they didn't have a project to staff me on that time, so they were going to wait a month before officially signing me. Never heard from her. A few months later, they ended up contacting a friend of mine for the exact same role. Not sure if they ever intended to give me a real offer, but if they didn't and they were merely stringing me along, they should have never asked to speak to my references as some of them were my coworkers. Also, don't make someone go through the whole process of leaving work and taking time off if you don't even have the capacity to hire them.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you exceeded your superior's expectations.   Answer Question