FTI Consulting

116 candidate interviews

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Economic and Financial Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting the initial application, I was invited to do an online numerical test. The test was not too hard and I was invited for an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of numerical test without a calculator. The numerical test was quite different as it had a few statistics and algebra related questions. After that there was a verbal reasoning test which was followed by a group exercise that included a case study of evaluating lottery operators. There was also a reading comprehension where you are required to summarise a text that they provide.

Interview Question – The text provided in the reading comprehension was quite hard to summarise effectively.   Answer Question

Finance and Economic Analyst Interview

Finance and Economic Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – Process took 2 weeks. Applied through campus recruitment and was invited to an online assessment test. The test was numerical, not too difficult, but would require you to pace through. One week later, got an email invitation to assessment centre in London.

The day started from 9.30 am. Introduction session followed by two tests. One numerical with no calculator and a verbal (GMAT style), both 30 questions in 30 minutes if I recall correctly. Very time-restricted.

After that, we had lunch with first year associates. Afternoon included a group case then a written exam. Had to summarize an economic article (more like a story).

Interview Question – Case: You are a firm (bank/lottery operator) bidding for a lottery contract from a developing country government   Answer Question

Litigation Consulting Intern Interview

Litigation Consulting Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – One on-campus interview that was 30 minutes, super easy random behavioral questions. Asked things like "talk about a time you worked with someone difficult". Then did a three hour interview at their office- meeting three main people and then went to lunch with one of them and a recent hire. The interview was completely behavioral and asked about what technical capabilities I have. The lunch was really awkward and they didn't ask me any interview type questions, were just very social.

Interview Question – Asked very specific questions about how much research you've done in the field of consulting and why this position is the one you want out of all the firms   Answer Question

Summer Intern - Valuation & Financial Advisory Services Interview

Summer Intern - Valuation & Financial Advisory Services
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied to internship posting on university career website. Contacted 2 weeks later to come in for 1st round interview on campus. Interviewed 1-on-1 with Director, asked all the typical behavioral questions just to get to know me and my past experience better. Very nice and casual/laid-back, wasn't stressful at all. Scheduled for a 30 minute interview but ended up talking for over 45 minutes, seemed like he was really there to get to know the candidates rather than being there out of duty.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Economics and Financial Consulting

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details – Numerical test without a calculator and a GRE style verbal test - verbal test was straight forward but most candidates had trouble finishing the numerical test in time.
Group case study where you need to discuss with two or three other candidates in the team, and a 5 minute presentation in the end.

Interview Question – relatively straight forward questions.   Answer Question

CME Intern Interview

CME Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details – FTI's website said first-round was behavioral/traditional interview questions only. My first-round was completely technicals - no behaviorals were asked. Honestly, it was my fault for not reviewing my technicals beforehand, but I was still disappointed that I was caught off-guard. I wish the interviewer at least tried to get to know me before he started throwing technicals at me.

Interview Question – terminal growth rate for a mature entertainment company   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Was originally contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the recruiter at FTI. Had the normal phone screen with the recruiter and then had another phone screen with a manager. Both were relatively straight forward and easy. I was then invited to the Chicago office where I met with two Directors. Both interviews went well. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said the Director's really liked me, so she asked if she could contact my references as that was the last step before they give the official offer. After contacting my references, she extended me a verbal offer! She said she would send over the official (paper) offer the next day; however, I never heard from her. A few days later, I called the recruiter and she said they didn't have a project to staff me on that time, so they were going to wait a month before officially signing me. Never heard from her. A few months later, they ended up contacting a friend of mine for the exact same role. Not sure if they ever intended to give me a real offer, but if they didn't and they were merely stringing me along, they should have never asked to speak to my references as some of them were my coworkers. Also, don't make someone go through the whole process of leaving work and taking time off if you don't even have the capacity to hire them.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation where you exceeded your superior's expectations.   Answer Question

FTI Communications Analyst Interview

FTI Communications Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details – applied through company website, two rounds: phone interview followed by Assessment Day including two one-to-one interview, writing exercise, group discussion and role play.

Interview Question – What are our competitors?   View Answer

Forensics & Litigations - FEDA Consultant Interview

Forensics & Litigations - FEDA Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and cover letter on University recruiting website and interviewed on campus with the partner of the FEDA team. Got a phone call the next day for a second interview the following week at the San Francisco office. Met with the FEDA team the night before the actual interviews for a Happy Hour social event to get to know the people better. Went through 3 rounds of 30-minute interviews the next day; 1 technical, 1 behavioral, and 1 for company fit. The people that I met was really great and I really enjoyed the company culture so I was very sad that I wasn't able to get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken Stats before? If so, can you tell me what a p-value is?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time where you had to analyze something.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Data Analytics

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview questions. Consisted of several short interviews with different employees.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question