FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview

Only one fit interview - no cases or technicals. Talked about my previous internships and my accomplishments at school. Very informal and unstructured - much of it was actually informational about FTI. Just be sure to appear articulate and show a logical thought process when talking through your fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most useful trait as an intern?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Cape Town (South Africa)).

Interview

Though they were not actively recruiting at the time, I sent through my CV and a cover letter and then followed up with a phone call. They admired my tenacity and asked me to come through for an interview. The process just involved an informal conversation with the HR management where I was asked what I understood about the company and my experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions because they all involved fit questions.   Answer Question

Financial Enterprise Data Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

The interview took place on campus where I was interviewed by one of the managers. I didn't make it to the second round interviews but the first interview consisted of behavioral questions. The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and seemed like she really cared about my answers and our interview. I asked her various questions about the firm such as work culture as well as the quality of employees and she did a wonderful job in answering them. FTI is different from other consulting firms in that they're a litigation consulting firm but I have had a couple of friends who worked for FTI and have told me it was a pretty awesome consulting gig.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

Referred through agency in New York. Project manager called for phone interview. Hired me during that conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the company and had several interviews. I found the employees of the company to be intelligent and engaged. The physical office spaces I visited were professional, albeit a bit tired. In the end, I did not choose to pursue employment with the firm because they did not have a strong enough footing in my practice area and several of my existing clients were hesitant about my going to the firm. Nevertheless, if FTI were more visible in my practice area, I likely would have tried to make the move.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to New York if we paid for the move and provided an apartment for the duration of your employment?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was primarily behavioral. I met with a Managing Director and a Senior Managing Director. Most of the questions were related to my background and my future goals.

Interview Questions

• Most students work in industry first. Why do you want to go directly into consulting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Duration :1- week Phone Screen; 1-1 with a group. 4 Rounds in total.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question asked, to the point and precise,. Questions based on one's experience only.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Annapolis, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

A recruiter phone screen me and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. Has a short phone screening with hiring manager and was invited for an in person interview with a director and manager. Was short.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiate phase was simple. I gave a number I wanted and they agreed to it