FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

Health Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting. The initial interview was essentially a 30 minutes resume walk through. The second round consisted of three 45 minute interviews. All interviews were one on one. They were interested in hearing about relevant academic and work experience in relation to health care, data analysis, and team work.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my interest in healthcare, experience with Excel, interest in data analysis, my skillset, and other general questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by all "non-staff" employees. They had obviously never been given interview direction. They were awkward people in general. It lasted about 30 minutes total. They didn't ask me any questions relative to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good employee?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus - 1 interview. Same question asked to all the candidates interviewing that day. Interviewers are friendly. Process is quick. Questions on background, resume, data structure . How would you test your code. Write down all the test cases. Some questions on SQL. Not very tough. They expect you to ask good questions at the end. The entire process has only one round.

Interview Questions

• Background, resume, data structure. How would you test your code. Some questions on SQL   Answer Question

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

very brief, only had to talk to project manager on the phone. About 4-5 general questions to guage your willingness to commit to the project they're staffing, how serious you are, whether or not you might be crazy, etc.

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about document review?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview taking place a week later. After that it was about three or four weeks before they made their decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to solve a problem on the white board, asked other questions about projects I worked on and how I went about them   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone call from in-house recruiter. I got an email and then they followed up with a call. I had applied online through their website. The recruiter was doing the typical phone screen to see if I basically had a pulse and could communicate. They were pleasant and I got the feeling they were doing a bunch of these in a row so it was pretty mechanical.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my resume, ideal type of job, and salary. It was a phone screen so they were trying to see if I should come in for an interview. It was the basic questions that they could just get off my resume.   1 Answer

FEDA Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had attended an information session prior to submitting my application. The interview was a 30 minute session in the campus career center. The interviewer was friendly and informative, and the format of the interview was entirely behavioral. I had to explain projects and skills from my previous internships, and there was about 10 minutes at the end for additional questions.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are qualified for this position? How have you handled situations in which you don't get along with someone you're working with?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Surprisingly no behavioral questions at all. They tried to see how I handled pressure by asking me VERY technical questions, despite knowing that my finance experience was very limited. They also tried to make me nervous by asking me a couple of questions in Spanish (so be aware of what you put on your resume).

Interview Questions

• Very specific technical questions (ex. specifics about FCF growth percentage in Gordon Growth method)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting, resume Drop with Cover Letter, on campus interviews within two weeks. The interview was with a recruiting manager from the New York office for the Corporate Finance/Restructuring summer internship.

Interview Questions

• It was an overall awkward experience. I am an Economics major and the recruiter began the interviewer asking what other internships that I was applying for. I think they were only interested in Accounting majors   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Full day interview process. Generally starts with 5 half an hour interviews though I interviewed on an off cycle so my interviews got extended to about 45 mins each. Then a 2 hour finance/accounting exam. The exam itself is pretty easy, simple DCF and balance sheet analysis plus some economic questions. It is a long day though and different from most super days due to so many interviews and a 2 hour exam.