FTI Consulting

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

Consultant, Health Solutions- Investigations and Disputes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

I applied via my school's career website. I also attended a social held by the firm. I was selected for an on-campus interview. The team was very nice, easy to get along with. The first interview was very relaxed. We went over my resume, discussed my career goals, why I wanted to work for FTI, etc. I was then invited for an in-office interview (Atlanta). This involved a lunch with other applicants and three interviews. All were very relaxed. There is a case study which is usually based on one of their previous projects. They give you a few minutes to review the case then ask you a series of questions. The other interviews involved the typical behavioral interview questions. There were no healthcare specific questions other than the case study.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2014.

Applied and had the first interview on campus. All behavioral questions, very relaxed and stress-free. Was selected to the final round at the office. Three back-to back interviews with professionals at different levels. Again, mostly fit-type conversations. Had a chance to interact with young consultants who just started there - everybody was nice and open; overall, felt like a very comfortable environment to work in.

Valuations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

I went through one round of interview with a managing director. I was expecting it to be very behaviroal based (due to the other glassdoor post), but it was all technical. I don't think we touched my resume at all. It was full of brainteasers and technical questions. It seemed like the interviewer was testing how I could cope in a stressful situation. Overall, it felt more like a banking question.

Interview Questions
    • Give me five uses for a brick. (very time pressured)   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

On campus interview, very friendly, mostly behavioral for the first round, few basic finance questions (3 financial statements). Final rounds were mostly behavioral and one case interview. The case interview dealt with a finance related problem in my interview but that wont always be the case. Make sure you know why you want to go into financial consulting.

Interview Questions
    • You should know basic finance (Valuation, Financial Statements)   Answer Question

Macy's Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

FEDA Interview

On campus interview then when on to Super day interviews. Great people interested in knowing what you're like as a person. There were no case interviews. They had a technical interview that was more focused on your resume and experience.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Learned of the position through TAMU Engineering Career. Applied online and received an email after a couple weeks to schedule an on-campus interview. I was unable to attend in person, but they allowed me to participate in a 20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to work through a problem.   View Answer

They offered to fly me to Houston for a second interview, but I decided it was better for me to pursue an opportunity that was "real" engineering, where I would actually put my degree to work for a bit. It didn't sound like a bad gig at all down the line though, no technical number crunching, more analytical thinking.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   View Answer

Contract Attorney -Chinese Document Review Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2013.

They really cared about your prior experience in document review and your language skills. They also requested an ALTA language test to be taken so that they would access your linguistic skills.

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.