FTI Consulting

Getting the Interview

108 candidate interviews

FEDA Consultant Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – composed of 3 interviews. 2 of them were fit, the last was technical.

Interview Question – What would you do if a client has information missing in their database   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – Both phone and in person interviews. This was not an adversarial process, they were friendly and wanted to make sure they hired the right people.

Interview Question – Have you worked in stressful situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – First round was with a group of 7 people. We were first given a brief introduction to the firm then a set of test s on numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and writing skills. After that, we were split into groups to work on a case study and a presentation. They got back to me within a day with an invite for the second round. Second round consisted of a case study in excel and two 1-on-1 interviews. The interviews were both technical-based and competency-based.

Interview Question – How would an increase in the minimum wage affect the economy?   Answer Question

FLC Core Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first round was all fti questions. The final round had 2-3 general technical finance questions asked and 1 whole interview was all technicals based on the classes I took in school. Whether that was only happened with my particular interview, I'm not sure.

Interview Questions

Strategic Communications Junior Analyst Interview

New York, NY

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – There were two rounds. The first round was relatively easy, just going over your resume and various behavioral questions for half an hour. The final round consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, each questioning you on various skills and thinking methodologies, etc. as well as a presentation, which was probably also a test. The final round was a long day for sure. FTI was also stupidly slow with the time it took them to notify you of admittance to the next round and then of the offer.

Healthcare Consulting Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – Pre-night with FTI on campus and had interviews early the next morning. Interviewer seemed very laid back and was conversational. Asked basic behavioral questions. Sold me a lot on the job.

Interview Question – Why Heathcare?   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a initial phone interview and an excel worksheet test. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and consisted of open ended questions such as "Tell me more about yourself."

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received interview through employee referral. Interview was 1:1 in the campus recruiting center. Mainly consisted of going through resume/CV. Not a whole lot of questions, mainly about fit/feel, career goals, etc. Was not offered, probably because I was hesitant to express my love for auditing when he asked (accounting major).

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for FTI?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant (Forensic Accountant) Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had to first set-up an appointment to speak to their recruiter over the phone and than he made the decision to suggest me to come in to the NY office to interview. Here I met with 2 Directors and 1 Senior Director one at a time. They asked me the same questions, so I basically repeated myself 3 times. Than it took them 3.5 weeks to email me a rejection. Come to realize they have had this position advertised for over 1.5 years and haven't hired anyone new for a few years anyway. I basically feel that I was definitely qualified and experienced enough for the position but did not fit the cookie cutter Idea of the perfect candidate and their was no immediate "need" to hire. I take it as good interview experience for my future.

The asked typical interview questions and focus on my experience.

Interview Question – What do you know about FTI and why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Interview Details – Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Question – Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks