FTI Consulting

Average Difficulty
115 candidate interviews

Withheld Interview

Withheld

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website. Was contacted a day or two later via email by a recruiter and was asked to set up a time for a phone interview. Had the phone interview and was then told that my info would be passed on to the hiring manager and I would be contacted if there was interest. A week later I was contacted again via email by the recruiter and asked for a time to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. Short phone interview with the hiring manager and was told that I would be contacted by the recruiter. Recruiter contacted me the next day and said they would like to schedule an in person interview and she would get back to me. A month later I contacted the recruiter since I had not heard anything. Was told that the position might be on hold and/or not filled. A few days later I was contacted again and now told that interviews would take place.

The in person interview was roughly 2.5 hours and consisted of 30 minute blocks with a bunch of people in the department. Arrived on time and was told they were running behind schedule. Evidently someone else was already on the 'interview course' before me and they were taking their time. Met with the first person and they were very mindful of the 30 minute time frame. Had to wait for the next interviewer, and the next, and the next. Horrible interview situation and scheduling. Never experienced something like that. Felt like I didn't have adequate time and felt that I was looked at in a bad way because the person interviewing ahead of me was long winded and I was always waiting to move on. Finished with the last person and was essentially pointed to the door (oh, turn left it's over there). Not a good experience. I didn't get an offer but that's fine because I don't think I would have taken it after the interview experience. If you're going to schedule it like that build in an extra 20 - 30 minutes between interviewees to allow for extra time.

Interview Question – What is something that you feel you need to work on?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – round robin interviews some situational questions as exampled: "you are here and this occurs, please explain how you would approach the occurrence..."
Offer if interview goes well, happens quickly

Interview Question – None really, all relative to area of focus   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – typical

FEDA Consultant Interview

FEDA Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – composed of 3 interviews. 2 of them were fit, the last was technical.

Interview Question – What would you do if a client has information missing in their database   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant Interview

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – Both phone and in person interviews. This was not an adversarial process, they were friendly and wanted to make sure they hired the right people.

Interview Question – Have you worked in stressful situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – First round was with a group of 7 people. We were first given a brief introduction to the firm then a set of test s on numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and writing skills. After that, we were split into groups to work on a case study and a presentation. They got back to me within a day with an invite for the second round. Second round consisted of a case study in excel and two 1-on-1 interviews. The interviews were both technical-based and competency-based.

Interview Question – How would an increase in the minimum wage affect the economy?   Answer Question

FLC Core Interview

FLC Core
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first round was all fti questions. The final round had 2-3 general technical finance questions asked and 1 whole interview was all technicals based on the classes I took in school. Whether that was only happened with my particular interview, I'm not sure.

Interview Questions

Strategic Communications Junior Analyst Interview

Strategic Communications Junior Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – There were two rounds. The first round was relatively easy, just going over your resume and various behavioral questions for half an hour. The final round consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, each questioning you on various skills and thinking methodologies, etc. as well as a presentation, which was probably also a test. The final round was a long day for sure. FTI was also stupidly slow with the time it took them to notify you of admittance to the next round and then of the offer.

Healthcare Consulting Interview

Healthcare Consulting

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – Pre-night with FTI on campus and had interviews early the next morning. Interviewer seemed very laid back and was conversational. Asked basic behavioral questions. Sold me a lot on the job.

Interview Question – Why Heathcare?   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Healthcare Consultant

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a initial phone interview and an excel worksheet test. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and consisted of open ended questions such as "Tell me more about yourself."

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received interview through employee referral. Interview was 1:1 in the campus recruiting center. Mainly consisted of going through resume/CV. Not a whole lot of questions, mainly about fit/feel, career goals, etc. Was not offered, probably because I was hesitant to express my love for auditing when he asked (accounting major).

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for FTI?   Answer Question