FTI Consulting

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.9

Intern- Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Two back-to-back 30 minute interviews, each with two consultants from the local branch (4 interviewers total). One interviewer was an analyst and the other was a senior consultant or director. All behavioral questions and really laid back interviewers. I felt very comfortable considering it was my first interview

Interview Questions
    • What is a mistake you have made, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

FTI, Forensic and Litigation Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Brief on campus interview, asked if I was proficient in excel and to describe my prior work experiences. Interviewer was professional, though arrived late to my interview (likely stuck in traffic, frustrating none the less).

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Duration :1- week
    Phone Screen; 1-1 with a group. 4 Rounds in total.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question asked, to the point and precise,. Questions based on one's experience only.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Questions
    • Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question
    Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Not right role

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Questions
    • None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant (Restructuring Group) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2013.

I was contacted by the Restructuring team while at school by phone without having applied to the job. They invited me to dinner, having found my resume on my college Career Center's website. At dinner we had the opportunity to meet some of the members of the Restructuring team, hear a little bit about the work, and begin to forge relationships with the group. After the dinner, I officially applied for the position through the Career Center's website at my University.

I was then contacted shortly after asking me to interview on campus. The interview was very calm and natural, essentially walk me through your resume, but also asking two standard financial statement questions (If AP goes down, what happens to cash? If depreciation decreases, what happens to EBIT?)

Shortly after the interview I was contacted again by the company asking me to come in for an office visit, with three other applicants. They took us out for dinner in Chicago where we again had the opportunity to meet with and learn about some members of the Restructuring group and what work they do. After that there was a social with all FTI applicants across all departments of FTI where there was additional opportunity to meet FTI employees and learn about the company and its culture.

The next morning was the office visit. It began with a presentation about the firm. After that were three interviews with different members of the Restructuring team. These again were essentially behavioral interviews with one or two basic questions about the financial statements. There was one interview that incorporated a standard consulting brain teaser (How many nuclear warheads exist in the world today?) but it was only to see how the thought process occurred and the answer was not overly relevant.

Finally they took us out to lunch in Chicago where we again had the opportunity to meet members of the Restructuring group. The group's culture was easily determinable from all the networking opportunities, and it was clear that fit was the most important part of the interviewing process, as almost every member of the restructuring team was able to spend meaningful time with all of the applicants.

After lunch there was additional time before the Official HR closing which included all the applicants across all business units, so we had an additional interview with the fourth interviewer. Again the structure of this interview was behavioral with one or two technical financial statement questions. (If you were assigned to a company that was nearing bankruptcy, how would you first check their current financial stays?) -- This question was less cut and dry and more difficult, but again it was more of a thought process question as opposed to an answer based question.

Non-negotiable.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

On campus - 1 interview. Same question asked to all the candidates interviewing that day. Interviewers are friendly. Process is quick.

Questions on background, resume, data structure .
    How would you test your code. Write down all the test cases. Some questions on SQL.
     Not very tough. They expect you to ask good questions at the end.

The entire process has only one round.

Interview Questions
    • Background, resume, data structure.
      How would you test your code. Some questions on SQL