FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Applied Online. Received interview invitation a week after. Interview took three and a hald hours, including an on site test last for 2 hours. Easy int, mostly traditional resume n personality based questions. Asked a lot about China international affairs.

Interview Questions

• Which SEA countries recently had presidential election   1 Answer

Graduate European Tax Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Standard online numerical and verbal reasoning tests, then an half hour telephone interview with a memeber of HR and a senior memeber of the team. Then a interview at the offices with two senior memebers of the team, and a maths test. Final round interview with a senior managing director for about an hour.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview included meetings with multiple levels of staff, including junior staff who would be working below the applicant. Descriptions of the role were relatively vague and interview questions included many standard consulting case interview problems. The interview ended with a 2-hour finance/accounting computer exam. This included DCF and other financial modeling questions, plus some basic economics questions.

Interview Questions

• How many automobile tires currently exist in the U.S.?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Recruiter screening, one in-person interview at headquarters with fellow candidates interviewing for segment intern positions. Multiple interviews with different levels of management throughout the day. Each interview did not last more than 10 minutes.

Associate Interview

Interview

I got a first round interview, we were taken out for a meet and greet the night prior. The representatives that came were easy going and engaging. The interview was the next morning, questions were behavioral with a light touch on technical situations. I thought I did pretty well but they didn't even reach out with a response.

Interview Questions

• If Apple decided they wanted to sell refrigerators, how would you determine the price of the refrigerator?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

First online application Then received phone interview, simple CV questions, why consulting, what do you know about FTI, etc. Then interview with two directors, plus one written test on computer and one technical accounting test. Interview questions are similar and normal: What do you know about FTI? What are your strengths and weaknesses? CV Questions

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Amherst, MA).

Interview

First we had a pre interview "networking" night (aka the interviewers got drunk at the open bar while we were trying to ask them real questions). It seems as though they came to our school to recruit only because they went there for undergrad, and wanted to relive their "party years". They never intended on seriously interviewing any of us. The next day the interview was pretty ridiculous, a lot of specific technical questions... For an entry level job? They were interviewing college seniors! Needless to say, none of us that they interviewed went on to the final round. Now that I've graduated and have settled into a career at a firm where I am satisfied, I have realized that the culture at FTI is incredibly sexist and old fashioned, think 1950s era. This is what I have heard. So obviously, they don't hire many women.

Interview Questions

• Do you kids still go out to (name of local bar in college town) ? Seriously they asked us about this.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Interview

Was invited to a cocktail hour the night before the interview with the other individuals interviewing. It was a good opportunity to get to know about the company from those that work there. Interview was fairly straightforward. I took the interviewer through my resume and the following questions became very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me to expand on a project I had done in the past.   Answer Question

Research Analyst, Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and completed online numerical test, which is not very difficult and very similar to numerical tests for other companies.  Graphical interpretation and lots of quick calculations of percentage growth, percentage shares, etc. Was then invited to a first round assessment center.  The majority of the day takes place in a conference room with about 20 other applicants.  This consists of: 1) a short slideshow presentation in a conference room 2) 30 minute numerical test with 25 questions.  The questions really aren't complicated, but they really only measure how quickly you can make arithmetic (multiplication/division) calculations with decimals/percentages.  Many of the questions are straightforward "calculate this"-type with only a handful looking at ability to read a graph.  I found this extremely time pressured, and most people did not complete the test (accurately or without guessing at least). You're told before the test that it is not negatively marked and so to answer ALL the questions 3) 30 minute verbal test with 28 questions.  Standard GRE/GMAT-style questions, with half being inference questions about many smaller pieces and one larger piece and the other half selecting the best way to restate the underlined part of a sentence. 4) a group case study. Doesn't seem like they really change up the case since it seems similar to what others have said. Case is about the introduction of a lottery to a developing country. You are given a brief to read then given some time to complete a few tasks. First one is to look at what the government might judge proposals on. Second task which is broken up into subtasks is to put together a proposal for your assigned company to run the lottery. You then give a presentation and are asked questions on your presentation. 5) There's a short lunch after the group case, then a 30 minute writing test where you have to summarize a piece. The piece we were given was about the PoW camp economy and cigarettes as a currency. The instructions are a bit unclear I thought, since all you're told is to summarize.  I found this round to be a bit impersonal. It doesn't seem like they make any effort to get to know the applicants, and at this stage you definitely feel like just a number with some test scores to them. Progressing on to the next stage is entirely dependent on the results of your tests. The next round would have been another assessment center that included interviews and case studies

Interview Questions

• Numerical test is definitely the hardest part of the day   Answer Question